shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany Diamonds vs. others

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ataragirl

Rough_Rock
Hi. I am getting married soon and we have been looking at diamonds. We have basically just looked at Tiffany because neither of us has the patience or really wants to look at tons of stores. I want a decent diamond ring, I want to get excellent quality. I am looking at Tiffany because I know they say they have the best quality in the business. do you think Tiffany diamonds rings are a ripoff and are we paying like WAY too much or is it worth it for the quality?------------------
Thanks, Tara

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Tiffany trade from a very strong brand basis and command a premium of up to 2X what you might pay for a comparable diamond on the web or elsewhere (as I have heard and seen).
If you re sell a Tiffany ring you will also get more back.
You also get to tell your freinds it is a real Tiffany ring, not a rip off.
It is all a matter of choice.
Convenience vs reputation and gaurantee etc
Garry H

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Tara,Unless you're buying a diamond from Tiffany because you like the idea of having a Tiffany ring, you can buy a better cut diamond for much less money elsewhere. EightStars are the ultimate in cut and probably less expensive. You can go to www.eightstar.com and click on how to order to find a dealer near you.
smile.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Tara, if Tiffany name means much for you than go for it.However, Lawmax is right. You can get much more exclusive diamond for much less price than in Tiffany.In addition to Eightstar diamonds, there are other precisely cut and beautiful diamonds such as A Cut Above and SuperbCert ( www.whiteflash.com and www.superbcert.com ).Besides, there are plenty AGS 0 grade diamonds are not any worse than Tiffany diamonds while cost much less.If you don't mind buying online (and save on the taxes also) you could check the dealers we confidently recommend: www.pricescope.com/isitsafe.asp#recommend Most of the jewelers selling over the internet will make a setting for you too.

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Not every Tiffany diamond is "Ideal" cut let alone a heart and arrow type diamond. They do use cuts that fall into the AGS grades of 0 down to 2. This was explained to me by one of their sales clerks at thier Las Vegas store.So, you may buy a better cut diamond for less money, but "Tiffany" is a brand in it's own right.Now you get to make the choice
smile.gif
------------------
StevL
www.demsjewelers.com
www.eightstar.com

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results