shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany & Co Beverly Hills

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JJ2004

Rough_Rock
I am very nervous. This Thursday, I will go and purchase a 1ct G VS1 round/6 prong from TIffany & Co Beverly Hills. You mentioned in one of your posts that you have only good experiences with that specific branch. I will have the ring re-sized at purchase time to 4.5. After reading pulp_princess'' horror story, I got concerned. Can you help me by either reassuring me or warning me? Does T&Co BEVERLY HILLS have good craftsmen? Do you think I should worry about their resizing my ring? I am worried because I live in NY and don''t want to have to deal with long drawn service/quality problems from NY (or any at all, for that matter). Now if I do take these service/quality problems to the NY branch, they may not give me as much attention than Beverly Hills -- if Beverly Hills messes the resizing up.

See, though T&Co boasts that their high quality is the same anywhere in the world, I still believe that there are still better craftsmen in the bigger, higher volume stores, say like NY...and maybe Beverly Hills? Would you agree?

I sound like a neurotic. Am I going overboard? Should I just trust that there is really little chance that Beverly Hills will mess up?

Alternatively, am I better off not having it resized, propose, and then have my fiance resize it herself in NY or wherever? I really want her to wear it right away though.

This is a big purchase for me -- and not one that can simply be undone (cost and emotion). PLEASE HELP ME BY SHARING YOUR THOUGHTS AND EXPERIENCE. THANKS!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I too would be nervous knowing I was dropping something like $10k on something that in the real world without the blue box would only be worth about $7k.
2.gif

Oops did I say that? Sorry, I am not a fan of Tiffany when it comes to engagement rings, and sometimes have turrets-like moments about said rings.
9.gif

Can't comment on the Beverly Hills vs NYC service...but seems like it should be the same regardless, you ARE paying more for the brand name and great customer service, right?
rodent.gif
Why don't you just buy in NYC since that is where you live? Don't see what the difference would be between you buying in BH and having it serviced in NYC?

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
I think the quality of craftsmaship will be equal no matter which Tiffany you go to. It's not like they manufacture the pieces at each store. Also, that's why Tiffany has such a good reputation, because of their consistency in craftsmanship. I've purchased from Tiffany in Beverly Hills, Century City, and Costa Mesa. They're all equal in terms of customer service, and Century City is a much smaller store than Beverly Hills or Costa Mesa. So, I don't think I agree that the bigger stores are better. Anyway, that's why Tiffany is expensive, because you'll get consistently good craftmanship and service (in my experience). But, if I have to get nit picky about it, I'd say that I actually prefer the other stores to Beverly Hills. That's mostly because I hate parking in that area and it's pretty tourist-ish. I'm sure you'll get the same service and craftsmanship whether you go to the NY store or any other. I'd even venture to say it's best to go to the NY store, it's closer to where you live and isn't that the original Tiffany location?

My e-ring is not Tiffany and I've never had anything resized, maybe there are some other people that can comment specifically on that. Have you thought about any other places for purchasing the e-ring? Do you have your heart set on purchasing a Tiffany e-ring? I agree with Mara. I am a big fan of Tiffany jewellery, but I don't think I would want my engagement ring from there. Tiffany is great for designed pieces, don't get me wrong. However, the focus of a solitaire is on the diamond. Believe it or not, you can actually get a better stone for less elsewhere. However, if the name Tiffany is very important to you (and your girlfriend) then go for it!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 1/21/2004 3:07:13 PM sumi wrote:

Anyway, that's why Tiffany is expensive, because you'll get consistently good craftmanship and service (in my experience)

----------------

IMO Tiffany is expensive only because of their brand name and their blue box. Their diamonds are the same as any other diamonds (for now). As for their 'consistently good craftsmanship and service'...I have heard horror stories with them just like I have with other vendors anywhere else. I think it's important to know that if you buy Tiffany e-rings, you are buying the brand name...you are not getting anything *better* than anyone else has except for that perception of nouveau riche.

Oh my god is this another Tiffany thread? NOOOO....someone stop me.

cry.gif

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, I agree completely with you Mara. When it comes to engagement rings, you can get a better ring elsewhere. A diamond is a diamond regardless of what brand name is attached to it. Like I said, my e-ring is not Tiffany.

When it comes to pieces with strong design though, I do like the Tiffany designs and they do have excellent craftmanship. Their lines are very fluid.

I've personally never had a bad experience with Tiffany, but I'm sure there are people that can post horror stories. I thought I read a thread here about Tiffany messing up big time on a ring re-sizing. I think it was a while back though.

And yes, it seems like every diamond message board has several threads about Tiffany e-rings. In fact, JJ2004 you should do a search for Tiffany and I am sure that you'll find many discussions about this topic.

edited to add:

I think of Tiffany pieces with strong design like any other designed pieces. I know a lot of people who pay big bucks for brand name clothes, handbags or furniture. A good quality leather handbag is a leather handbag no matter what name is on it. But, some people are willing to pay big bucks for the design and craftsmanship of the brand name bag. A shirt is a shirt, but some people are willing to pay big bucks for the design and cut of Prada vs. something from Target. I don't like Tiffany for things like a solitaire or studs, but I like them for things with a strong emphasis on design. The design makes it appealing, not necessarily the materials they use.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I tend to agree that I love Tiffany's exclusive designs...and some of the Elsa Peretti things. Though think that I would definitely try the replication route with something like ACA melee and have it custom. I guess it would depend on the item itself. For e-rings though as you note...same diamonds...so it's no value in my mind to pay the extra.
2.gif
I can spend that extra money somewhere else!

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
A Tiffany note I can't resist tossing in here:

Very few people outside the trade are aware of this, but the average sale at Tiffany's is under $100. This is because of all the tourists buying sterling silver trinkets so they have something that says "Tiffany & Co." on it.
9.gif
11.gif

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
Yes LawGem! If you notice in most Tiffany stores the area with the cheaper silver pieces are SO crowded and the other areas are totally empty. I personally can't stand their "Return to Tiffany" line.

JJ2004

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the posts.

A different, and more important for me, part of the question...do you think most guys propose with a ring that is sized (to the best of their knowledge) to their girlfriend's fingers? Or is there also a fair amount of people that buy the ring, not have it resized, and then have their GF get measured herself after she receives (and hopefully accepts) the proposal.

The reason I ask this is that I had her friend take her to a jeweler (on the sly), and get her ring size. They found out that my GF is a 4.5. So I thought fine, I'm all set. But now, I've realized from other posts, that sizing is not just in half increments. Moreover, that ring sizing is a whole process that a girl goes through in itself -- that is, she has to consider, time of the year, temperature, providing allowance when pregnant, etc. So some have told me to just give her the ring un-touched. That sounds unromantic. Or am I just out of touch?

Should I just buy the ring in the original size, give it to her then and let her take it from there? If I do go and have it sized down to 4.5 and she wants it slightly bigger, will this ruin the integrity/aesthetics of the ring? I'd really like her to wear it immediately though. Any personal opinions on this? Thanks.

By the way, not sure if this helps but she tried on a size 4 and could not get it through her left ring finger. This is when she tried the 4.5 and bingo.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would give it to her untouched and have her size it to her preference. She is the one wearing the ring, not sizing it has nothing to do with romance. In actuality, you probably want to resize the ring as little times as possible, ideally only once or so...because it does compromise the integrity and quality of the metal. So I would just have her do it the one time herself, because then she knows for sure what feels good on her finger.

I even had my finger sized before purchase and got a size 6. But in winter it's very loose. Thank goodness I have bigger knuckles so it shouldn't be an issue..but that extra room in winter means that when I bloat up in the summertime (hehee or during pregnancy) hopefully I will still be able to wear the ring no problem. Sizing it so that it squeezes over knuckle and fits perfect on my finger may not be the best way. So it really has to do with personal preference. Also, some people don't like when rings are loose or too tight on their hands.

Also, some women tend to not wear their rings when they are pregnant...something else to keep in mind.

JJ2004

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your quick response, Mara. I think I will repost, this last post and change the subject line.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 1/21/2004 3:29:16 PM sumi wrote:

Yes LawGem! If you notice in most Tiffany stores the area with the cheaper silver pieces are SO crowded and the other areas are totally empty. I personally can't stand their 'Return to Tiffany' line. ----------------

I don't like that line, either. But, I do love most of their other silver jeweler. It's simple and classic, but not cheap looking like most department store jewelry. I'd rather wear a pretty overpriced $100 silver necklace from Tiffany's than a crappy $40 necklace from Nordstrom.

Possibly I am buying into the name, but most people do buy into one company name or another, be it brand name jewelery, car, tv, etc., sooooo no consumer is exactly innocent of this unless they're Amish or whatever
rolleyes.gif

Michelle

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
MC: I totally agree with you. Their designs are really beautiful. I have no problem paying extra for the quality of the design.

I just don't like anything with the brand name slapped all over it in a really obvious way. That's what the Return to Tiffany and the 1837 lines remind me of. That's why I don't like LV bags either.

Robyn12

Shiny_Rock
I just wanted to wish you good luck on your engagement and tell you that I think you made a good choice with Tiffany. I am sure you will be happy with your ring for a lifetime, and I'm sure your lady will be happy too.

--People can say what they will about brand names not being worth the extra money, but in my opinion, the extra money is well spent. You are paying for a high quality diamond, a great design, and the satisfaction of knowing you will walk away with something stunning. Say what you will about Tiffany, but I have never seen an ugly Tiffany engagement ring. Nor have I ever seen an ugly Harry Winston ring. But I have seen ugly rings. For example, rings with ridiculously high settings, or over-the-top diamond bands. Let's face it, ugly rings are out there.

It's not to say that you cannot get a beautiful and high quality diamond ring elsewhere. I have seen lots of beautiful rings on this forum and on the fingers of family and friends that were not brand name. But I can see why some people just don't want to take a chance with a purchase that is so important. Especially if they have the money to spend. What I cannot understand is why some other people feel the need to insult them and judge them for their decision.

Once again, congrats on your future engagement. And good luck to you.

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
There is nothing unromantic about having the ring re-sized after you give it to her. In my opinion, it's just plain smart. That way you can be positive that it's the size she wants and the size that fits.

When we ordered my engagement ring, we ordered it in a 5.75 because I thought I would want that extra room in the summer. I am kicking myself now for doing so. A ring either fits perfectly, or it doesn't. When I wash my hands with it on, I have to be very careful. When I'm cold, I often end up moving it over to my right hand! Sure, it fits 80 % of the time. But I'd rather have it a little tight in the summer than too loose in the winter. I learned this the hard way. We're shipping it back to GOG in the summertime (we happen to be upgrading the stone as well, so that's why we're waiting), and I will be having it sized down to a 5.5.

Congratulations on your upcoming engagement! While I do not have a Tiffany engagement ring either, we have decided to purchase my wedding band from there. I have never seen an etoile wedding band replica that was worthy of the original; those that come close are just as expensive, and believe me, I've looked. There are certain designs of theirs that are really beautiful and just can't be beat.

Good luck!

JJ2004

Rough_Rock
Thanks again for the replies. They have been a really big help.

ROBYN, DANIELA, thank you for your kind words. I don't really buy fancy clothes, or any adornments for myself. Similarly I hate giving jewelry and stuff like that. But it's really not about me is it? I hope my GF will be happy with the engagement and future marriage. In the end, she will not care about my getting a diamond for 60% of retail value or cutting such a great deal...she will not care that it is this clarity or this color, or this size -- IF SHE DID, SHE WOULD LIKELY NOT HAVE BEEN THE ONE. What she will care about is that I am doing everything I can to make the day as special for her as I can.

I am totally at peace with my decision. I hope that you are all independently happy with yours.

Cheers.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
----

What I cannot understand is why some other people feel the need to insult them and judge them for their decision.

----

I didn't see anything in this thread that would be so harsh as to be construed 'insults' and 'judgement'. In fact, I saw the original poster get the help he requested, with some typical Tiffany-humor from some others, myself included.

People tend to feel strongly when it comes to the perception of Tiffany and quality...when in reality it's middle-class America and their service doesn't mean top-notch in ALL instances. It doesn't mean that buying there isn't right for some...in fact I get some jewelry there as well. But I think alot of men don't realize that not all women want the Tiffany dream or that perception. So it's worth mentioning...just in case.
2.gif

It isn't about cutting the best deal...as the original poster noted...in my opinion it's about getting your money's worth. If someone feels they have done that, excellent! That is really all that matters.
1.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 1/21/2004 11:44:27 PM JJ2004 wrote:

But it's really not about me is it?
I am totally at peace with my decision. I hope that you are all independently happy with yours.

Cheers.----------------

A Tiffany thread & it's not even Friday.

As you mention, it's not about you; yet, you are at peace with *your* decision. From this women's point of view, I would have wanted a larger diamond from another source or the extra money to spend on a house, honeymoon, etc. I wouldn't assume that *every* women would want a ring from Tiffany's. It means nothing to me. In fact, I would feel slighted because it's the *easy* thing to do.

Perhaps your girlfriend has her heart set on a Tiffany & Co. ring. But, she may not - especially since you said she wasn't into designer stuff.

Tiffany diamonds are not cut specifically for them. Their diamonds are the same ones that any diamond dealer can get. And, you don't wear the blue box. I would never feel comfortable stating to people that my ring came from Tiffany's.

Good luck with whatever you decide - but I feel like I have to present the other side of the coin.

pulp_princess

Shiny_Rock
I would have assumed that Tiffany's, New York would have more craftsmen (not necessarily better, than anywhere else) since they have lots of branches in that area. Honestly, I have not heard of anyone else having such difficulty with Tiffany's as I did with my ring and no one else's problems with them took six months to fix (or not fix!). Hopefully that reassures you a bit.

Perhaps I was a one in a million fluke. I know they sent my ring (each time I sent it in) to New York to have the work done. I forwarded a copy of my letters of complaint to the New York office as well.

Each case is individual, and everyone makes mistakes. For all their boasting, Tiffany's is much like any other jeweller, in that, they do make mistakes sometimes. What I didn't like was that there never seemed to be any accountability each time they mashed my ring. I took each case to the assistant manager (I never got to meet the real manager, only over the phone because she was only in on weekdays and I couldn't go then.) and for every single screw-up, he said he had absolutely no explanation for what happened. The hallmark shouldn't have been touched, it should have been lazer engraved instead of cut with a hand tool, etc., etc., etc. It was originally a question of sizing from a 5 to 4.5 on their most popular engagement setting that turned into a six-month repair job. I really wish I knew what happened to my ring (drunk benchmen, blind quality control people, you know, any old excuse will do
5.gif
).

On the bright side:
1) They will refund your money if they completely mess up, even after six months, instead of the 30 days as written on the receipt.
2) They will probably make amends by sending you wine glasses or some other gift to keep you from jumping across the counter at them.
1.gif

3) You get to keep all the empty Tiffany blue boxes and ribbon. These are very hardy as my two cats can attest to. They love the ribbon and whacking the boxes around. They'll even chew up the string on the bags!
9.gif
Ah, so cute when they're not destroying something valuable.

I would never buy my engagement ring from them because I couldn't go through this again. If this one had been my engagement ring, I would have made it to the altar empty-handed.

Good luck on your engagement and I'm very glad that you are at peace with your decision. In the end, that's all that matters. You sound like you have a down-to-earth type of girl. Congratulations!

Jaded Gem

Shiny_Rock
Dear JJ2004, does your fiancee know where you are getting the ring? Why I ask is because there seemed to be a lot of pros and cons for purchasing or not purchasing a Tiffany ring. I have read the opinions of others and they all seem to be helpful, but I could imagine you are probably having mixed feelings after reading all the suggestions.

I have never bought anything from Tiffany's myself, but I know of a lot of people who have bought from them and they are happy. However, I also did read about the poor resizing and customer service given to another poster on Pricescope. I guess I could offer you the story of my cousin whose husband proposed to her a couple of years ago.

Well my cousin's boyfriend (now husband) proposed to her on a beach without a ring because he wanted her to decide on what she wanted and where she wanted it from. She called me shortly after the proposal to ask what I thought was good quality jewelry without the shopping around factor. They're both computer programmers for a very large software monopoly up in Seattle. I'm sure you could guess which one.
Up_to_something.gif
Anyway, from the stories from some of my girlfriends, Tiffany always came up as a pretty reputable jewelry store/chain so I offered up that name. I believe Cartier and Bailey, Banks, and Biddle are also well known and reputable. Yes costly, but I guess that didn't matter to them. Their time was more valuable. Yeah, I don't work or have I purchased anything from these chains because I know of their high mark ups, but I've been told by friends that they are fine jewelry pieces nonetheless. And my cousin and her fiance didn't want to put something together and face that unknown certainty of a possible negative outcome. I guess they wanted to go in a store, find something they would like, and then proceed to purchase it.

My cousin and her boyfriend (now husband) went into Tiffany's in Seattle, and they ended up buying a .50, E, VVS1 for about five or six thousand dollars. Yeah, it's a lot of money, but they didn't mind it. They told me that the customer service saleswoman even flew in other comparable .50 carat round solataires from the other Tiffany stores to show them which ones were good and which ones were not as good, and for them to view them under the microscope. I guess they settled on the one that they liked the best, and they had Tiffany of Seattle resize the ring to a size 2. Tiffany told her that her size two finger was the smallest finger that they had to resize one of their rings down to, but it came out alright at the end. Yeah, my cousin has small fingers and so the .50 carat looked like over a carat on her tiny finger. At the end, they were both happy with their purchase and customer service. From that, I guess Tiffany deserves that reputation. Costly, but for the most part you do get what you pay for which to some people may be that "peace of mind." They got that "peace of mind" at the end.

Anyway, I saw the diamond before she got married and when she got married, and it was absolutely beautiful. It sparkled like no other diamond that I've ever seen before. (Yeah, I know and maybe I haven't seen that many.) But there were both white and colored light shooting out everywhere. What is it?...brilliance and fire!
love.gif
It was just beautiful. I'm sure you could get something like that from the vendors on Pricescope, but then again maybe the time and effort spent would be too much work and frustration for you or your future bride.

I just spent a lot of time putting together something I thought would be beautiful. I bought the diamond from one of the Pricescope vendors here, but at the end the creation they put together was pretty ugly. Once in awhile I think that I would like to visit Tiffany's again in the future, and possibly purchase something from them as well if I do not choose to put something together myself. I know some of the feedback concerning Tiffany's could be kind of brutal. I guess a lot of people are against buying something from Tiffany due to their high mark ups, but I guess that money is going toward you personally seeing the diamond at their location/store and talking to the salesperson. That would be great if they would choose to be a Pricescope vendor and post lose diamonds and do a pricematch with free shipping, but who am I kidding. Anyway, good luck to you. Please post on what route you choose and the outcome of that. Congratulations on your future engagement. I hope that whatever you choose that it will work out and be beautiful for you and your future bride at the end.
9.gif

wayne_227

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 1/21/2004 3:09:54 PM Mara wrote:

----------------
On 1/21/2004 3:07:13 PM sumi wrote:

Anyway, that's why Tiffany is expensive, because you'll get consistently good craftmanship and service (in my experience)

----------------

IMO Tiffany is expensive only because of their brand name and their blue box. Their diamonds are the same as any other diamonds (for now). As for their 'consistently good craftsmanship and service'...I have heard horror stories with them just like I have with other vendors anywhere else. I think it's important to know that if you buy Tiffany e-rings, you are buying the brand name...you are not getting anything *better* than anyone else has except for that perception of nouveau riche.

Oh my god is this another Tiffany thread? NOOOO....someone stop me.

cry.gif

----------------

My god you're annoying... When will you people learn? Saying that you can find another diamond for cheaper is like saying that you can buy a Camry in place of a Lexus LS 430. "They're made by the same manufacturer (toyota), so you're really not getting anything better than the name brand." DUH!!!!! You still want the Lexus if you can afford it. Even when the Lexus was nothing more than a Camry with some extras on it, it was still a Lexus.

Don't let these bitter bitter people fool you. If they could afford the Lexus, they would get one. And similarly, if they could afford Tiffany, they would get that too.

wayne_227

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 1/21/2004 9:18:50 PM Robyn12 wrote:

I just wanted to wish you good luck on your engagement and tell you that I think you made a good choice with Tiffany. I am sure you will be happy with your ring for a lifetime, and I'm sure your lady will be happy too.

--People can say what they will about brand names not being worth the extra money, but in my opinion, the extra money is well spent. You are paying for a high quality diamond, a great design, and the satisfaction of knowing you will walk away with something stunning. Say what you will about Tiffany, but I have never seen an ugly Tiffany engagement ring. Nor have I ever seen an ugly Harry Winston ring. But I have seen ugly rings. For example, rings with ridiculously high settings, or over-the-top diamond bands. Let's face it, ugly rings are out there.

It's not to say that you cannot get a beautiful and high quality diamond ring elsewhere. I have seen lots of beautiful rings on this forum and on the fingers of family and friends that were not brand name. But I can see why some people just don't want to take a chance with a purchase that is so important. Especially if they have the money to spend. What I cannot understand is why some other people feel the need to insult them and judge them for their decision.

Once again, congrats on your future engagement. And good luck to you. ----------------

Wow, I never thought I'd say this to you, but very nicely said. Supportive, reassuring... I don't know what happened to you since you wrote this, but let's try to come back to this state of clarity and happiness...

JJ2004

Rough_Rock
Thanks Wayne! You're good wishes are much appreciated.

sharonzhere

Rough_Rock
What is ultimately important is what you and your future wife want...not what anyone else thinks. (and then again that is the downside of asking for advice on a message board) If they don't want a Tiffany diamond then by all means they should not buy one.

We recently bought a Tiffany diamond and we chose Tiffany for several reasons. One, since we really do not know much about diamonds, we felt that Tiffany would hold the high standards that we did not know to look for. Two, because I am extremely picky about settings. Only one other store had settings that I liked and they were way out of our price range. Tiffany's settings (such as on the wedding band and my diamond band solitaire) were only a fraction of that cost if you subtract the cost of the diamonds. I've also seen settings in other stores that I liked but up close you could tell they were poorly made. Three - we shopped around everywhere - everywhere - and for the quality diamond we got in a similar size, Tiffany had the same or lower price. Stores in the malls were the worst. And four - we bought this diamond specifically to be a family heirloom (see my other posts about that). Having it be a Tiffany diamond feels very right. I couldn't care less if anyone in my life besides my husband and I know now that it is from Tiffany. I would like my children and grandchildren and whoever will wear this diamond in the future to know that, however, after I am gone and it is passed down. I was passed over for not one, but two family heirloom diamonds, and my husband and I wanted this to be an heirloom for OUR family. This was very important to us and our main motivation for buying this diamond.

Bottom line is that you are buying this for your family and for no one else. Buy what you want and what you love.
1.gif

Sharon

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Wayne_227,

There is absolutely NO NEED to be such a caustic person on this thread or on PR.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am SOO sorry I missed this one!! We were too busy moving into our new house...guess I'm super glad my 'husband' (actually it's fiance, but thanks for playing) didn't get my e-ring at Tiffany after all.
2.gif
Hmm Tiffany bauble on my finger or brand new house? Tough decision.
naughty.gif
11.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
You really didn't miss more than a lunatic on a tirade, Mara. Definitely not worth the keystrokes!!
9.gif

researcher

Ideal_Rock

Wayne,

What you wrote is totally uncalled for. Had I wanted a ring from T&C I would have had my FH buy me one. It was DEFINITELY not a question of money for us. But, I found it a little ridiculous to pay $98,000 for a stone that was of no better than my stone (in fact of lesser quality in terms of brilliance and fire) which we got for significantly less. Do I shop at T&C for other things? Yes. And I''m embarrassed to say that I have a pair of diamond earrings from there, as well as a diamond pendant (all bought before I trusted the internet and was truly knowledgeable about diamonds). Will I ever buy diamonds from them again? No. Will I buy their platinum jewelry without stones? Most certainly. They carry beautiful stuff, and when I want something I can''t get anywhere else I''ll pay for the brand. But this is not what the thread is about, is it?

JJ2004,

I have to disagree with other people. I would size the ring ahead of time if I were you. If you know that she really is a 4.5 (in the summer), I see no reason not to get it sized. I would have been bummed if I couldn''t wear my ring right away. I think people here put a lot of fear into things like resizing, but it''s not a big deal. A place like T&C will make sure you''re happy and that your ring is just right. I''d therefore have it sized in advance, unless you''re up against a major timeline. Congrats in advance on your engagement!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
First off, they should have it in her size already. If not, don''t buy it. I cannot stress this enough--do NOT let them size or "repair" ANYTHING. I have NEVER hada good experience with the stores, their customer service or their service. Even their "real" NYC location...SUCKS.

So if you can get it in her size do, otherwise go get something of good quality from someplace else.

Secondly: is it the brand you want to buy? It surely isn''t quality.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results