shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany Bean necklace

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
When you see a woman/girl wearing the Tiffany bean, do you think it's just a nice simple design or do you think there's a hidden meaning? Many of my friends that own them were given them by their husbands when they found out they were pregnant...so for some reason I always equated that. Another friend that has ZERO plans for kids, bought one because she thought it looked super neat, and now she is considering retruning it because everyone keeps thinking it's some big hint or whatever.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmm never thought Of it as a symbol of something...

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Never heard of that. I have one that a dear college friend of mine gave me as a gift. No hidden meaning there... I don't really wear necklaces so it mostly sits in my jewelry box anyway, but now I might be wary of wearing it if people will see it and think I'm secretly pregnant!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have never heard of that before. Tiffany bean necklaces were really popular when I was in high school in the mid-90s, and my father gave me one for my Sweet 16. It definitely didn't have a hidden meaning, then.

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I have never heard that, either! Yikes! I like them for their sleek, modern, simple design. I would never think "Pregnant" of someone wearing one.

How would that theory translate to the bean cufflinks for men???

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Funny you mention, one couple in specific had her wearing the necklace, him wearing the cufflinks! It was their gift to each other as congratulations for their first kid. And when they got pregnant again he got her a 2nd one in gold to go with her silver one and she wears both. I have no idea if she got him something else. But he wears a full suit every day so Im not surprised about his cufflinks.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Never heard that before-I've bought my SIL one before. She def wasn't pregnant.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha, no, I never thought of it that way before! When I lived in Chicago I noticed they were really popular there, but most of the young ladies I saw wearing them looked to be high school age or perhaps college students plus I always thought it was because of the Millenium Park sculpture. Beyond that, PS is the only place I've ever heard of a fetus referred to as a "bean." (I tend to tune out pregnancy stuff though, in real life!) I can certainly understand the symbolism and I think it's a fun idea, though!

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
No, never heard of anything like that!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have never heard of that before. Not a common thought in my area. Personally, I just find it architecturally interesting. I love the smooth shape of the bean and it is something that begs to be touched.

Neat idea about associating it with a birth announcement though

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
My friend hast hat necklace, her husband gave it to her because that is his nickname for her. I hadn't thought about people purchasing it when pregnant, but now that you mention it, it is a cute idea. But I would never assume someone is or has been pregnant because they have that necklace. I think that if she loves it, she should keep it.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
No never occurred to me! I love that necklace.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Is it supposed to mean something? I figured it must have SOME hidden meaning, simply because I thought a bean was an odd choice for a necklace. I didn't think it had anything with pregnancy though....that would be more of a pea-in-a-pod thing to me.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"The bean represents the origin of all things." --Tiffany website

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
I've just wanted one because it was mentioned in Shopaholic and Sister. Just seems like a cute staple piece.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Monarch: Oh! That's a major mystery solved actually. I guess it's because it's a seed. And all things begin with a seed.

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
That's not a conclusion I would jump to, but I think the symbolism is really sweet if that's the reason for the gift.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've never heard of the bean necklace indicating something. Interesting!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've never heard that. I mostly see them on teenagers and very young adults so I just think of them as a pretty necklace.

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
DH was going to get me the bean necklace when we found out we were expecting, I think it's super cute and appropriate since we called the baby bean. Then we found out it was twins and now it doesn't seem so fitting! That said, I would never assume that's what it symbolized and I wouldn't expect someone to assume that about me if I was wearing it.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Addy said:
I've never heard that. I mostly see them on teenagers and very young adults so I just think of them as a pretty necklace.
same.

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I have never thought of it that way before. I wear one b/c that is my maiden name.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kunzite|1331089343|3142456 said:
DH was going to get me the bean necklace when we found out we were expecting, I think it's super cute and appropriate since we called the baby bean. Then we found out it was twins and now it doesn't seem so fitting! That said, I would never assume that's what it symbolized and I wouldn't expect someone to assume that about me if I was wearing it.
lol that just means you get TWO!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have one and have never heard that,

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
My dad gave my sister one when we were in high school because his nickname for her was 'bean'. Never heard the pregnancy thing, either

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results