• Sunday Afternoon Wedding

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Sunday Evening Wedding

• I dont care just give me the answers!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/26/2009 6:31:54 AM
Author: bee*
Date: 9/25/2009 10:21:08 AM

Author: tlh

I am not sure where people are coming from, but if I was going to pay $600+ in airfare alone, I think I'd want to make a trip out of it. A thursday wedding got my vote, because people can fly down, do the wedding bit, and then have the weekend to hang out with family, and have a fun vacation... more than just going to a wedding itself.

Most people don't go to HI very often, or get the opportunity to... so I think if they were coming, they'd like to enjoy a bit of a vacation too. I know I would. If I were your guest I'd probably fly in Tues or Weds, and stay til Sunday or Monday... so really either option is fine. My thought is if someone is going to spend the money on airfare and the pricey hotels, to head to a HI destination wedding, they'll probably plan on taking a couple days off anyway, so they can enjoy the time there.

So really either option is fine. I would think it would be fun, if you had several group options - like a beach BBQ/Luau - snorkling - poolside at the hotel... hiking... etc... whatever your guests might enjoy that could be fun vacation options as well. Sounds like a blast!

totally agree.
Deleted - I see you already picked! Sunday will be gorgeous!

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/26/2009 10:05:26 AM
Author: Octavia
Date: 9/25/2009 11:10:31 PM

Author: cindygenit

tlh said ''I''m not sure where people are coming from here...'' ---> we vote on what we would do (personal preference). If you want to make a trip out of it, then naturally you would vote Sunday. But i personally prefer not to do that.

Cindy, I think tlh meant where purelily''s guests were coming from geographically, not where PS folks were coming from theoretically. As in, if most of the guests are coming from southern CA, they may not want to make a huge trip out of it, whereas if they''re from Boston, the time and money spent getting there might make them more likely to make it into a real vacation. No need to take it personally!

LOL i didn''t take it personally
2.gif

I agree with you completely. It depends on the guest and where they''re travelling from.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results