shape
carat
color
clarity

Three Stone Vertical Ring - Fancy Diamond Shapes

cocoa_and_mittens

Rough_Rock
Hi! I’m considering recreating the below ring, but I’m having a hard time finding info on fancy diamond shapes like shields. My asscher is much smaller than the picture ~ .7 ct, so I think the two shield cuts would have to be about 1-1.5 ct each at a high color (the asscher is a D color).

I assume the setting will be quite expensive to recreate with a reputable jeweler, but where would I be able to get an idea about the pricing of fancy shapes? Are they more expensive than the more common elongated ones (say pears, for example)? The one person I’ve talked to wasn’t able to provide any info without a retainer. To be clear, I’m not looking to purchase the stone on my own - just want a rough idea of what the cost may be.

9252E119-553B-4AA0-8F79-970475354A5F.jpeg

If you do plan to pursue a project with a specific jeweler perhaps just ask them for a quote. At least for me my jeweler is always happy to give me a quote without needing any money down first.

Would you be open to recreating the ring with a different fancy shape like a pear? Would probably also give you more options.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why do you think they would need to be 1 - 1.5 carat each? How long is the side on your asscher?

I think Diamonds by Lauren has access to lots of side stones. You might ask him for a quote on the setting.

cocoa_and_mittens

Rough_Rock
If you do plan to pursue a project with a specific jeweler perhaps just ask them for a quote. At least for me my jeweler is always happy to give me a quote without needing any money down first.

Would you be open to recreating the ring with a different fancy shape like a pear? Would probably also give you more options.

I’ve tried getting a quote but the only one I know and like won’t provide one without a retainer and knowing exactly what side stones I’d choose. And I think I’d like it with an angular shaped stone, but have to give it more thought.

cocoa_and_mittens

Rough_Rock
Why do you think they would need to be 1 - 1.5 carat each? How long is the side on your asscher?

I think Diamonds by Lauren has access to lots of side stones. You might ask him for a quote on the setting.

That’s helpful, thanks. The side is about 5-5.5mm. I think I want something that would be wider than that width in an obvious way. I’m trying to minimize the skinny look. I’m not looking to fit in a strict budget - just want to know how much it may be if I made it exactly how I’d want it.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In the ring example above, I doubt the top and bottom stones are of greater weight than the center and the bases of them are not wider than the center stone. I don't think it would look right to have the top and bottom stones wider than your center stone.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In the ring example above, I doubt the top and bottom stones are of greater weight than the center and the bases of them are not wider than the center stone. I don't think it would look right to have the top and bottom stones wider than your center stone.

I agree. I think the stones in the inspiration ring are approx the same width.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with @diamondseeker2006 and @lovedogs ...I think it would look odd and make your asscher look small to have
the two outside stones be wider. The only option I could see is if you haloed your asscher but didnt halo your shields.
Not sure I think that would look good either though.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I’ve tried getting a quote but the only one I know and like won’t provide one without a retainer and knowing exactly what side stones I’d choose. And I think I’d like it with an angular shaped stone, but have to give it more thought.

Agree with what the others said regarding the look; on another topic I find it strange that your jeweler cannot give you a ballpark figure without requiring a retainer!

cocoa_and_mittens

Rough_Rock
Thanks, everyone. Seems like I may have to rethink the whole design.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results