shape
carat
color
clarity

Three ring (opinions please)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jewel

Rough_Rock
Since we all love
love.gif
diamonds and have a plethora of knowledge, please give me some advice on the following. I''ve been thinking about getting a ring just like Mara''s (sorry I have to copy you, but your ring is lovely). However I was thinking of going with a band on each side of the main setting. I was thinking .04 carats on the main band and .03 carats for each of the others. Is this two big. I didn''t want the width of the three bands to go past my 2 carat princess. Should I change the size of the rounds? Or just stick with two bands one being .04 and the other being .03? What are your thoughts? Oh and final question, any advice on whether to go pave or tiny prong set (like Maras) for the eternity band? I hope to get some responses, because I am in much need of some sound advice (all my husband says is "whatever you want honey, your the one wearing it". Thanks!
wavey.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
read.gif
pave or prong.... well, if pave, than the bands will be a tad wider: there is need for some metal to surround the stone, unlike for the shared (or non-shared) prong scheme.

As for 0.03 or 0.04 - those could be of the same size to begin with. For example, a parcel of 0.03 melee could be labeled, for example "+/-5% variation (in size). The color range is D-F. The clarity is VVS2 and better." The respective 5% covers easily the difference one woudl expect the one point to make! It is up to the jeweler to match the diamonds on the bands, so asking for a width rather then the weight of melee could make things more clear.

I do not know your stone, but a 2cts princess would be 7mm or a bit more. So each of the three bands could be 2mm wide or less. I thought less was nearly impossible, when I saw this (LINK) 1.5mm wide piece with serious looking prongs and all
1.gif

Just my 0.2, of course.

Jewel

Rough_Rock
Valeria 101,
Thanks
appl.gif
for your advice, I think I will ask for width instead of individual carat size. I wanted a slight difference in the two rings, so I am happy to hear that you would not see a noticeable difference in the varying widths. In your opinion do you think three rings would bulk up the setting and my diamond would get lost in it (yes, it is apprx. 7mm)? Thanks

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The pics below were intended to show as precisely as possible the relative size of the bands (width given) and a 7mm square princess
read.gif

As far as my taste goes... I like the version with variable band width and the one with 2mm bands. Actually, I would have went for a wider band for the ring - say up to 4mm and have the three bands match the center stone for width when worn all together - something that seems modern in a good way. The side-view of the ringsis not "determined" below. Unless you want the ring's band tappered (like THIS) than the princess cut will sit above all the bands and definitely not be lost among the sparkle.

OnePS.JPG

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's a sample of what I meant by the respective "3D" look
read.gif

OnePS1.JPG

Jewel

Rough_Rock
Valeria, I really could hug you if you were in front of me right now. Thank you so much for your advice, ears, patience and graphics. I am such a visual person. I don't know how you were able to get me those pictures, but please share your secret with me, so I can play around with the different widths and not have to bug you. I'm thinking based on your pictures of going 3mm for the main stone band and 2mm for the sides. Thanks again!

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Great pics, AnA! Jewel, you're in good hands
1.gif
I think you're choosing great proportions for your rings; I like the picture on the right best, but think the middle band should be just slightly bigger than the others. I can tell already your rings will be lovely!!!

Jewel

Rough_Rock
Thanks! You are getting me so excited. I have been searching for a new setting since Feb. So I'm happy that I've finally narrowed it down and have your feedback. There is nothing better than feedback from people who know their diamonds.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results