shape
carat
color
clarity

Three little kittens

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We adopted three kittens in November. They are growing quite quickly. Two boys; one girl. Siblings. They were a litter of five. My son actually asked me two days ago if we could get one of the others. They were adopted within a week of ours. We actually started with two but the black boy who is VERY skittish remained so we adopted him too. He is still mostly displeased with human contact, except when he is being fed. Haha. But I still call him my lovey-bear. I am hopeful.

Last edited:

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh how adorable! Thanks for posting @Loves Vintage , such a nice diversion from the news. I love how the black skittish one is hiding under the pile of his siblings. How much time elapsed between adopting the first two and then their brother? I'm glad they all remembered their sibling bonds.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh they are all beautiful @lovesvintage!!! It's so sweet that these siblings are able to grow up together. They're adorable. Thank you for the day brightener. <3

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sweet. Thank you for adopting them. ❤️

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh how adorable! Thanks for posting @Loves Vintage , such a nice diversion from the news. I love how the black skittish one is hiding under the pile of his siblings. How much time elapsed between adopting the first two and then their brother? I'm glad they all remembered their sibling bonds.

Two weeks! And they did NOT remember each other! I was so shocked. I actually have it on video — here you go sweetie, here’s your brother in the carrier! Snarls, hissing, swatting! I messaged the rescue group in desperation - how could this be?! I started thinking maybe he was from a different litter and they were confused. I was very, very worried! But they started to settle down after about a week and now snuggle with each other. And it is lovely.

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The reason I was curious is because when I was 9 years old we adopted one of the kittens from a litter next door. They were born in early Summer and were all indoor/outdoor kitties. Mine kept going back to be with her littermates; I had to go pick her up out of the pile and bring her home every day. So we kept her inside only for a couple of weeks so she'd understand where home was supposed to be. After that, the cats acted like they'd never met before! It was very surprising.

The snuggling is truly beautiful. I only have one cat now but when I've had multiples they never snuggled like that!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The reason I was curious is because when I was 9 years old we adopted one of the kittens from a litter next door. They were born in early Summer and were all indoor/outdoor kitties. Mine kept going back to be with her littermates; I had to go pick her up out of the pile and bring her home every day. So we kept her inside only for a couple of weeks so she'd understand where home was supposed to be. After that, the cats acted like they'd never met before! It was very surprising.

The snuggling is truly beautiful. I only have one cat now but when I've had multiples they never snuggled like that!

Oh that is interesting to realize their behaviors were consistent. I'm really glad mine were able to reacquaint peacefully. I have had many cats, and many do not snuggle. I did have a Siamese once who looked after the others as if they were his own. That was adorable, but unusual!

My skittish cat (thank you for providing me with the proper spelling above, by the way, my mind has really gone during all of this, I often find myself searching for the right word and it is nowhere to be found!) . . . anyway, my skittish cat is also quite taken with my greyhound, but the dog wants nothign to do with him!! He just looks the other way (I can't see youuuu) when the skittish cat sidles up to him! It is quite funny, he gives up rather quickly.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Never owned a cat, but they sure are pretty little cats! What are their personalities like?

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhhhh @Loves Vintage I can't even begin to tell you how much your post & pictures lifted my soul!! Your three are just beautiful!! Seeing them snuggling together like that melted my heart and boy do I ever want to pig pile on with them!!!

Our last two snuggled all the time together (we believe they were sisters, they came from a home where seven females had litters all at the same time so who knows). Our current two, a male and a female, also snuggle. Not all the time, but sometimes. It's crazy though because we got the male cat first, then the female a year or two later. We're very lucky that they hit it off.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Begonia - They are basically all hilarious, and uhm, very cat-like. They do strange cat things, like the girl (calico) will hop up on a dresser and just start clearing things off to the floor, one by one. For no reason whatsoever! The fluffy boy is very docile and cuddly. He is my son's favorite and he will just sit with him for the longest time. My son is 4.5. It's adorable. The black guy is a trip and a half. He tolerates us, jumps higher than you would guess he could, yowls for food, eats like a hoover vacuum, scratches at my feet if I don't feed him quickly enough and nearly trips me as I put his food to the floor. Oh and they play! Boy, do they play! They run after each other, tackle each other, give each other big bear hugs while play biting and then bunny kick each other. They've brought us all a lot of joy.

@rainydaze - Oh, I'm so happy to hear that. It's tough times all around these days. Kitten and sunset pictures for everyone!!!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww. Too Cute!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How divine!! These are pics I needed to see, what a welcome and beautiful distraction from the state of the world today. They're all such beauties!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I always go for the skittish ones
We are on the same wavelength !
Im so happy you gave him a home too

i wish our two would snuggle - the closest they have got was a very quick 3 inches apart - one lying across my knee and the other on my chest - facing the other direction

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results