Thougths on ring/ seller?

Bonsai

Shiny_Rock
Anyone bought from this site?
Thoughts on this stone?

lmyracle

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Maybe it's just me but it seems a bit bland for my taste, especially with that price tag.

Anne111

Shiny_Rock
Dull yellow-brown (?) not padparadscha, window, and the setting alone probably cost only two to four thousand depending on the quality of the diamonds (if that's what they are). I didn't look any deeper but without reports no deal anyways. for 36 thousand you can buy and custom make yourself a top-super-extra ring of your own taste.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dull yellow-brown (?) not padparadscha, window, and the setting alone probably cost only two to four thousand depending on the quality of the diamonds (if that's what they are). I didn't look any deeper but without reports no deal anyways. for 36 thousand you can buy and custom make yourself a top-super-extra ring of your own taste.

idk why you would say it's not a pad when it clearly has a GIA report stating that it is, which is pretty much going to be the be-all, end-all of determination.

This ring isn't to my taste, Bonsai, and I don't have price comps for other 6 ct pads. I suspect most of us don't so we probably can't tell you much about the price. The closest I can find are these from Africa Gems, which would seem to indicate it's a fair price: https://www.africagems.com/orpa.html?page=1&s=weight

I have never heard of the seller so have no input there.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That price seems way too high imho

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Quick search yields same exact item many thousands less...

Screenshot_20191021-184545_Chrome.jpg

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Quick search yields same exact item many thousands less...

Screenshot_20191021-184545_Chrome.jpg

Well then the question is which of those is actually the seller - is one a reseller or is it a scam that will send you an inferior item? Are they both the same seller and just different price points on different websites? OP would need to contact both to see, and should reverse google image search other items from both places. “The same item but different price elsewhere” IS a good thing to know about but it’s not the same as a price comp since there is so much more investigating that needs to be done.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It could be argued there is no better comp but I agree the op needs to do due diligence....good luck op!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trocadero is like RubyLane, it’s a marketplace platform for selling gems and jewellery. The same seller BurmaPearls on Trocadero sells as RubyKing on eBay. Same items, same photos.
id surmise that the price differential is to do with the fees the different platforms charge the seller.
the seller is well rated and long standing on eBay and I’d buy through ebay using PayPal if I were proceeding with purchase.
its a large size Pad sapphire which are not only hard to source but very expensive currently. It does seem to have a window / “browning” out effect in most of the photos. I think you’d really need to see it in person in natural light to make sure it met with your satisfaction. It’s alot of money to spend and I’d be expecting it to wow me. I’d confirm with the seller that you could buy and view it with the ability to return it (less shipping costs) for a full refund if it wasn’t to your satisfaction.

Anne111

Shiny_Rock
idk why you would say it's not a pad when it clearly has a GIA report stating that it is, which is pretty much going to be the be-all, end-all of determination.

Sorry, I didn't even see the GIA report. However, with or without report, ON THE PICTURE the brown doesn't go away, (nor the window).
These are the cases when I wonder how much we value the color descriptions of gem-labs? ID, treatments, synthetics, these are all scientific facts but if you send that gem to a different 'top-lab', who would bet $26000 that they, too, see no brown?
I remember conflicting AGL and GIA reports when it comes to color shown here.
Or the too many 'pigeon blood' rubies coming from GRS?
We'll be running out of pigeons soon.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results