shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this stone appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

anc417

Rough_Rock
Good afternoon,

I''ve been shopping for awhile for a stone for an engagement ring and have been offered the following in NYC. After surfing through the posts on these boards I''d appreciate any thoughts/reactions before I make a decision. As a point of reference, I have been looking for emerald cuts near 1.5 carats in the F-H, VS1-VS2 range that lean towards square.

The details:

Asscher cut
GIA Certified
1.61 carats
F, VS2
Depth 62%
Table 64%
Girdle medium to slight
Cutlet none
Flourescence medium blue
Symmetry good
Polish good

Asking price is $9,600.

This is a bit more than I am looking to spend but she is worth it. Since it is a more unique cut I would appreciate thoughts on the diamond at this price.

Thanks in advance!

anc417

Rough_Rock
Anyone out there willing to weigh in? The stone is beautiful in person but as most new purchasers I am feeling a bit of information overload and in need of a gut check. The fact that it is not a standard emerald cut also makes me wary.

Help from the experts here would be great! Thanks.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Hello,

Are you able to get a Sarin report??

anc417

Rough_Rock
I will be getting a Sarin report this afternoon. Are there particular warning signs that I should be looking for?

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Yes, try to look for 10 - 12% ++ crown heights...
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results