shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this stone? 1.56 H SI1

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/27/2009 3:17:24 PM
Author: Ellen

Date: 2/27/2009 3:13:41 PM
Author: Lorelei
GIA round the numbers however there can be variances with Sarin figures due to the skill of the operator, calibration of the machine etc and various other reasons. So the images are extremely useful such as Idealscope, and this one looks good!
I don''t think a GIA report would ever be MORE accurate than a Sarin though, do you? That''s the way I read what JA insinuated was possible....
No, what I was trying to say was there can be variances as we know with each, so the images are the proof of my pudding!
9.gif

joegolo

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the responses!
9.gif
I''m eager to hear what the gemologist says. Everything looks good to me from the images I got back. I only really have a concern of the inclusions left. It looks like an awful lot on the GIA cert, but maybe that''s typical of the SI1 grades, but I went ahead and asked if it would affect any structural integrity or had any surface feathering and got this response:

Joe,

Your concerns are justifiable, and can be very relevant in diamonds of a lower clarity grade. For this diamond in question I can only go by the image and the surface mapping provided on the GIA report. With that in mind, the image appears very clear under 10X magnification, and the report indicates a cluster of feathers, clouds, and crystals that are too minor to be seen through the naked eye. I even have trouble seeing the inclusion through the loupe, and that offers 18X magnification. So in essence, based on these two items available to me as well as the advise from a member of my diamond de4partment who has personally viewed it, this diamond is definitely eye-clean.

I will have a more definitive answer to this diamond''s overall clarity once it has been inspected by my gemologist.

Until then, try to enjoy your weekend.

Looking forward to hearing from his gemologist, but I think this is the one
36.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Don't go by the plot, they can be scary!
9.gif
That's why you need eyeballs to look at it. Sounds like it will most likely be just fine.
2.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/27/2009 6:45:12 PM
Author: Ellen
Don''t go by the plot, they can be scary!
9.gif
That''s why you need eyeballs to look at it. Sounds like it will most likely be just fine.
2.gif
Ditto, keep us posted!

joegolo

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone! I didn''t forget to update this thread, I''ve just been waiting on gemologist feedback from JA. It seems the winter storm has knocked out their power, phones, and internet
40.gif

I was just curious, so I asked how the diamond ships since the PS vendor page says it includes a "free diamond toolkit" Here is the response:

The diamond will ship to you in a temporary setting, which is enclosed in a beautiful James Allen ring box. Your diamond will come with the original laboratory certificate and the bill of sale, all enclosed in a larger James Allen shipment box.

I''ve never bought loose diamonds, I wasn''t sure if it ships in a black velvet bag like on TV
25.gif
Neat that it ships with a temporary setting, is it a standard ring? Also does anyone know if there is no more "free diamond toolkit"?

Thanks!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/3/2009 3:27:15 PM
Author: joegolo
Hey everyone! I didn''t forget to update this thread, I''ve just been waiting on gemologist feedback from JA. It seems the winter storm has knocked out their power, phones, and internet
40.gif

I was just curious, so I asked how the diamond ships since the PS vendor page says it includes a ''free diamond toolkit'' Here is the response:

The diamond will ship to you in a temporary setting, which is enclosed in a beautiful James Allen ring box. Your diamond will come with the original laboratory certificate and the bill of sale, all enclosed in a larger James Allen shipment box.

I''ve never bought loose diamonds, I wasn''t sure if it ships in a black velvet bag like on TV
25.gif
Neat that it ships with a temporary setting, is it a standard ring? Also does anyone know if there is no more ''free diamond toolkit''?

Thanks!
I guess they don''t have the toolkit anymore from the sound of it. The setting is like a holder on a band, you will see when it arrives!

joegolo

Rough_Rock
Just spoke with the SA, he said Julianna was able to examine the diamond and it seems like a great diamond. Eye clean at all angles, a few VS1 crystals under the table, but completely naked to the eye. Some feathering near the girdle, but they are transparent. No inclusions that would affect the structural integrity of the diamond. It''s a pure H, no higher no lower. Since the snowstorm''s over and the NY office is back up, he can only hold the diamond for another 24 hrs, so I went ahead and had him start the sale
9.gif
Now I just have to transfer some money from my online savings to my b&m bank for the wire. Thanks for all the help everyone! Will post pics after I receive it. Oh yeah, no loupe or polishing cloths, but if my setting vendor doesn''t include a polishing cloth he said go ahead and give them a call and they''ll be happy to provide it.

35.gif

Joe

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats, and come back with pics!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/4/2009 5:22:21 PM
Author: joegolo
Just spoke with the SA, he said Julianna was able to examine the diamond and it seems like a great diamond. Eye clean at all angles, a few VS1 crystals under the table, but completely naked to the eye. Some feathering near the girdle, but they are transparent. No inclusions that would affect the structural integrity of the diamond. It''s a pure H, no higher no lower. Since the snowstorm''s over and the NY office is back up, he can only hold the diamond for another 24 hrs, so I went ahead and had him start the sale
9.gif
Now I just have to transfer some money from my online savings to my b&m bank for the wire. Thanks for all the help everyone! Will post pics after I receive it. Oh yeah, no loupe or polishing cloths, but if my setting vendor doesn''t include a polishing cloth he said go ahead and give them a call and they''ll be happy to provide it.

35.gif

Joe
Congrates!!!

joegolo

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone, thanks for all the help!
35.gif
I received the diamond mid last week, but I couldn''t get any good pics at the time (iphone cam doesn''t focus all that well up close). The gf is out for a week, so I was able to break out my dslr and get some shots
9.gif
I think they came out well. First time I took out the diamond it shot out of the tension clasp and bounced off my cubicle wall
39.gif
luckily my coworker that was there for the viewing saw that it landed next to my hand. Really close call
32.gif

I think the pics came out well You can see inclusions and dust? on the diamond, but from just the eye it looks great and I don''t notice any of the inclusions. Found out that I can''t directly post flickr links so I kept getting an error. Will post pics of the ring and setting once that''s done (will probably take a couple of weeks). Thanks for all the help on the diamond!

Attached one of my more favorite shots. Others can be views here: http://flickr*com/gp/30274054@N00/2D0Z6m (64 shots at one per post is a lot of posts x_X)

joegolodiamond.png

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results