shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this OEC

Dlove

Rough_Rock
Hi All!

Its time for an upgrade and I’ve decided on an OEC in the 2.5-3 carat range. I’ve been working with an amazing vendor and they were able to review a bunch of stones and narrow down to one.

They’ve sent over footage and I should receive the diamond shortly and have a day or so to decide.

Based on the videos, what are your thoughts? Anything I should be concerned about and or look for?

The diamond does seem deep/ face up smaller but that won’t bother me as long as it is super sparkly!

Stats
2.86 ct
Color L
8.68 - 8.73 x 6.00 mm
VVS1

68BF6CB1-7837-461A-90A0-97A7584F4467.png

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
I thinke the depth, crown and table look nice for an oec
. I also like the video. The patterning looks a bit unorganized. But in the end your eyes decide. Just look at it in as much lighting situations as possible.

Dlove

Rough_Rock
I thinke the depth, crown and table look nice for an oec
. I also like the video. The patterning looks a bit unorganized. But in the end your eyes decide. Just look at it in as much lighting situations as possible.

Thanks so much! Yes, my concern was the pattern as well. I am looking for a flowery pattern and the vendor stated it does look flowery under the table in person and under loupe, but was hard to capture.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the puffy crown but I am not in love with the faceting. It does seem disorganized and they don't seem crisp. When the stone arrives you will better be able to tell in person if this is true. Make sure to clean it really well and then evaluate under every possible situation. IRL you will know if it makes your heart go pitter patter. Vendors don't always take the best videos. Well, PS vendors do haha. Good luck and enjoy getting to know this stone. :)

Dlove

Rough_Rock
Yes, My concern is the pattern as well. I am looking for crisp and flowery under the table, which the vendor says it is. Here is another video

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is not so much flowery as it is pin-wheelish, but actually in a symmetrical way. That's what my eyes see. I actually don't mind it. It's interesting. I think it could be really pretty in real life. It looks pretty crisp to me. I wonder if the super high clarity helps. Definitely give it a chance. Old cuts can surprise you in the most wonderful and delightful way. Please let us know what you think after you get it. I am very interested to know.

Dlove

Rough_Rock
It is not so much flowery as it is pin-wheelish, but actually in a symmetrical way. That's what my eyes see. I actually don't mind it. It's interesting. I think it could be really pretty in real life. It looks pretty crisp to me. I wonder if the super high clarity helps. Definitely give it a chance. Old cuts can surprise you in the most wonderful and delightful way. Please let us know what you think after you get it. I am very interested to know.

Thanks so much!!! I sure will. Im very excited to see it.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, My concern is the pattern as well. I am looking for crisp and flowery under the table, which the vendor says it is. Here is another video

In this video the facets look much crisper. See what you think when it arrives in person. Fingers crossed you love it. Please come back and share your thoughts and lots more photos. ❤️

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it. Can you get a longer evaluation period to see it in different light conditions?

Dlove

Rough_Rock
I like it. Can you get a longer evaluation period to see it in different light conditions?

Thank you! I will have it through the weekend because wont be able to ship back until a weekday so that should at least give me a bit more time to look at it.

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like it. To me it’s a bit of an old mine cushion/OEC hybrid. I love the depth and high crown, which to me makes it look chunky and three dimensional. It is lively.

This is not the classic Pricescope snowflake pattern OEC. I think it’s a shame that there are so many vocal “flowery OEC“ fans such that other types of cuts don‘t get appreciated, and consumers are discouraged from using their own taste and sense of what looks good to select a stone. This one looks more “pinwheel” under the table to me.

It looks potentially like a recut antique stone, maybe old mine or old mine cushion... is the table slightly off-center? I would love and wear this diamond, to me it offers a lot of character. However, you should decide how -you- like it.

Dlove

Rough_Rock
Wow, thank you for that response! That is a really interesting perspective and I really appreciate you chiming in.

I thought the same about the proportions seeming akin to an old mine. Not sure about the table but I am sure interested to see! GIA did classify it as Old European for what thats worth.

I really trust this vendor and one of the main things they noted was the liveliness of the stone and how it stood out amongst a bunch of other OECs they brought in.

Redwoods-hiker-girl

Brilliant_Rock
I like the patterning and the crown. To my eyes, the light dances among the facets. That's a win for me.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see leakage under the table when moved (not very much).

I think with OECs beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Really I could love or feel meh about this stone but it would all depend on how
I felt when I had it in my hands.

Good luck...I hope she is a winner for you! If not, that's ok too!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What did you decide? Is it a keeper or did you return?

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Hi All!

Its time for an upgrade and I’ve decided on an OEC in the 2.5-3 carat range. I’ve been working with an amazing vendor and they were able to review a bunch of stones and narrow down to one.

They’ve sent over footage and I should receive the diamond shortly and have a day or so to decide.

Based on the videos, what are your thoughts? Anything I should be concerned about and or look for?

The diamond does seem deep/ face up smaller but that won’t bother me as long as it is super sparkly!

Stats
2.86 ct
Color L
8.68 - 8.73 x 6.00 mm
VVS1

68BF6CB1-7837-461A-90A0-97A7584F4467.png

@Dlove what did you decide? I just got a lead on a pretty 3.98 ct L/ SI2 if you are interested!

Aurora26

Shiny_Rock
@Dlove May I ask who was the vendor that you worked with? I am also on the hunt for a similar stone. If you are still looking, I completely understand you wanting to keep the name to yourself :)

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful. I like it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results