shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this IGI Emerald Diamond

DiamondQs

Rough_Rock
Hi guys, so happy to have found a forum where people can give me some well thought out feedback!

I'm really keen on getting an emerald shape diamond for an engagement ring, what's your guys' thought on this particular one?

It seems very inexpensive for the size, what's your feeling on the IGI color rating of "I"? I've heard they rate rather generous, want to make sure I don't end up with a stone that has a strong yellow tint (J or below)..

Otherwise any red flags? Lustre?

Thanks to much (my head is spinning haha)

PS: certificate attached

Attachments

• BDFAB0D8-B6E0-41F0-BF6D-6F79471B0AB5.jpeg
    BDFAB0D8-B6E0-41F0-BF6D-6F79471B0AB5.jpeg
    68.3 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

DiamondQs

Rough_Rock
And while we're at it, what's you guys' opinion on this one (this time GIA).

Looks like one of the few eye-clean SI1's to me, medium-blue fluorescence (which I don't mind at all if it doesn't have any adverse effects) and really good clarity/lustre?

Certificate below.. would love to hear what you think!

2FAB4DD5-354A-4770-9E0A-136F9E0E91AA.jpeg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The first one has 2 steps that are off (black) when facing straight up (that would bother me). Otherwise, the steps look like they are flashing nicely when the stone moves. We primarily suggest sticking to GIA and AGS because secondary labs grade looser. That IGI "I" may be a GIA "J".
I think each stone needs to be evaluated on its own merits. (like seeing it in person and compare it to a GIA "I")

The second one is not bad. Might be a little weak through the center. A little inclusion on the table that would not bother me
(my eyes arent that good), but if you're young you may pick it up. I think there should be better out there.

Pay attention to LxW because they can vary greatly at the same carat weight.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I checked B2C and Adiamor and didnt find anything at this size and in budget that looked decent. :(2

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree that the first one isnt good. The second one is much better, but still not my favorite .

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like these ones but they are smaller:

DiamondQs

Rough_Rock
We primarily suggest sticking to GIA and AGS because secondary labs grade looser.

The second one is not bad. I think there should be better out there.

Pay attention to LxW because they can vary greatly at the same carat weight.

Agreed, will stay away from the first one then (IGI).

On the second, do you think I can find better for that price (~1.5ct, I+, eye-clean)? I've been looking for a while..

With LxW, do you mean adding that up and seeing how large the stone actually is? Have also been noticing that some appear to have most of the carat in the depth (not these).

I checked B2C and Adiamor and didnt find anything at this size and in budget that looked decent. :(2

My thoughts as well for the second, I haven't seen something comparable for this price + size + eye-clean. That's why I'm wondering if there's something "off"

I agree that the first one isnt good. The second one is much better, but still not my favorite .

Anything in particular that doesn't agree with you on the second?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results