shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this idea?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Triggerfish

Rough_Rock
Well, I have the ring and it''s time to come up with a proposal scheme. My GF and I have been together from almost 3 years, 2.5 of those years have been spent with her not-so-patiently waiting for this moment.
2.gif
I''ve had the ring for almost two weeks now, and it''s driving me mad! Unfortunately, I had to go out of town for business last week, so I I wanted to wait until I got back. March 17th will be an anniversary for us, and I was trying to come up with something for that date. Now, I''m not really the "grande gesture" type, and to be honest she''d see it coming a mile away if I did something elaborate. So here''s what I was thinking.....

About 2 years ago, my GF bought this hardcover book with blank pages to use as a sort of a "diary" of our relationship. The idea was for us to occassionally write a little something in it, share romantic or funny stories, use it as a scrapbook and put tickets, brochures, memorobilia stuff in it. However, me being the not-so-romantic type, I haven''t exactly lived up to my end of the bargain. She does occassionally write in it. I have still NEVER written in it. She gets on me once in awhile about writing something, but I always forget about it.

Anyway, I was thinking I''d be waiting for her when she gets home from work with a nice dinner, some flowers, and a Happy Anniversary card of some sort. I''d play it off as if I were just suprising her for our anniversary and say "I even wrote in our journal!" and have it lying on the table. I figured I could write some personal, romantic stuff in there and cut it off at the end of the page, so she''d have to turn the page. On that page I''d attatch a picture of the engagment ring with the words "Will You Marry Me". When she turns the page that''ll be my cue to drop to my knee with ring in hand and make it official! Does that sound too hokey?? I want it to be romantic, yet laid-back which suits our personalities better I think.

So whadya think? Any criticism, suggestions, improvements, etc. are welcome! Thanks!!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
I think that sounds sweet! I might put the proposal itself on the second page, lest her eyes jump ahead.

Good luck!

Triggerfish

Rough_Rock
Yea, that''s the plan. I want her to have to turn the page.
1.gif

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
PERFECTEMUNDO!

I love this kind of proposal. SO thoughtful but not over the top grand gesture-y.

LS

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
I think that sounds like a great idea!
36.gif

Triggerfish

Rough_Rock
I kinda like it. I may need to fine tune it a bit, but I think it''s a good start. I''m the lead singer in a rock band as well, and we have a show coming up March 20th. Alot of people who know about the ring think I should propse on-stage, but that all seems a bit too cliche to me. Not that I think she would MIND being propsed to in that way, but I''m not sure that''s how I want to remember this moment. Me all sweaty and gross, in a club, with a bunch of drunk fans cheering. Doesn''t really seem appropriate. I guess I''ve just seen it done a few times before, and I want our moment to be a little more personal and unique. So, think I should stick with this original plan? Thanks gang!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/9/2009 6:20:54 PM
Author:Triggerfish
Well, I have the ring and it''s time to come up with a proposal scheme. My GF and I have been together from almost 3 years, 2.5 of those years have been spent with her not-so-patiently waiting for this moment.
2.gif
I''ve had the ring for almost two weeks now, and it''s driving me mad! Unfortunately, I had to go out of town for business last week, so I I wanted to wait until I got back. March 17th will be an anniversary for us, and I was trying to come up with something for that date. Now, I''m not really the ''grande gesture'' type, and to be honest she''d see it coming a mile away if I did something elaborate. So here''s what I was thinking.....

About 2 years ago, my GF bought this hardcover book with blank pages to use as a sort of a ''diary'' of our relationship. The idea was for us to occassionally write a little something in it, share romantic or funny stories, use it as a scrapbook and put tickets, brochures, memorobilia stuff in it. However, me being the not-so-romantic type, I haven''t exactly lived up to my end of the bargain. She does occassionally write in it. I have still NEVER written in it. She gets on me once in awhile about writing something, but I always forget about it.

Anyway, I was thinking I''d be waiting for her when she gets home from work with a nice dinner, some flowers, and a Happy Anniversary card of some sort. I''d play it off as if I were just suprising her for our anniversary and say ''I even wrote in our journal!'' and have it lying on the table. I figured I could write some personal, romantic stuff in there and cut it off at the end of the page, so she''d have to turn the page. On that page I''d attatch a picture of the engagment ring with the words ''Will You Marry Me''. When she turns the page that''ll be my cue to drop to my knee with ring in hand and make it official! Does that sound too hokey?? I want it to be romantic, yet laid-back which suits our personalities better I think.

So whadya think? Any criticism, suggestions, improvements, etc. are welcome! Thanks!!
I think it is a beautiful plan Trig!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Triggerfish

Rough_Rock
Thanks Lorelei! You''re the bestest!
2.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/10/2009 7:36:33 AM
Author: Triggerfish
Thanks Lorelei! You''re the bestest!
2.gif
You are so kind, and it has been a real pleasure to help you!!

Triggerfish

Rough_Rock
I think TODAY is THE DAY! Whew....I''m getting kinda nervous! That''s normal, right?? LOL. Alright...lots to do. I''ll keep ya posted on how it goes!

Wishe me luck!!

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
I absolutely love your proposal plan...it''s so intimate and romantic!!! I have no doubt that your GF will absolutely love it!!!

GOOD LUCK!

Triggerfish

Rough_Rock
Well, everything went off perfectly! And, believe it or not, she said YES!
2.gif
It couldn't have worked out better, as she called me from work telling me what a horrible day she was having. I replied saying "Oh, I'll cheer you up when you get home." Which SHE responded with "Yea right! What are YOU gonna do?!". I simply said "Oh....I'll think of something."
2.gif

So, the stage was set for her arrival home. I played it off as my attempt to cheer her up/2 year 9 month anniversary suprise. When she turned the page and saw the picture of the ring and the words "Will you marry me??" she kinda went into shock I think. I dropped to my knee, ring in hand, and she just kept saying "Are you serious??!!" (like 50 times...LOL). Anyway, I didn't even get a chance to actually say anything until she shouted YES and jumped on me. LOL. I guess that worked out well, as I hadn't planned anything to say. My plan was to wing it and let the moment give me the words. Turns out I didn't really need that part! LOL. She teased me a bit because apparently I was shaking like a leaf and red-faced as I placed the beautiful James Allen ring on her finger.

Earlier in the week I had promised to make steaks on the grill yesterday, which of course I didn't work into my plan. Instead, I had called various members of her family who live around the area and asked them to be on "stand-by" for a possible dinner celebration at the restaurant of her choice. She loved the idea, and after about 20 phone calls and a hundred text messages, we enjoyed some delicious steaks at her favorite place, surrounded by family and friends.

All in all, it was a great moment, a wonderful evening, and a memory to last a lifetime.

I just want to take a moment, one more time, to thank all of you fine people here at Pricescope! I really don't know what I would've done if I hadn't found this site. You've all been tremendously supportive and an incredible wealth of knowledge! My Gf was so shocked about how much I knew about diamonds, that she recommended I become a gemologist! LOL. Now, that's a bit of a stretch, but I have to admit it's been a lot of fun learning all the ins and outs of diamonds, the industry, etc. Again, on behalf of myself and the countless other clueless guys you've helped along the way, I thank you so much!

Also, I want to officially give my thanks and endorsement to James Allen. They were extremely helpful and pleasant to deal with throughout the entire process. The ring is beautiful, my fiance LOVES it, I love it, and I can't say enought about the wonderful service from JA! Both Darin and Jim were an absolute pleasure to deal with. They were straighforward, honest, and very knowledgable. I wouldn't hesitate a second to recommend them to anyone looking for a beautiful piece of jewelery at a fantastic price! Thanks again JA!!

So, now that this phase is over, I suppose the "work" begins! Who wants to plan a wedding....NOT IT!! LOL.
9.gif
Luckily for me, she's been waiting so long for this that she already has lots of ideas. Apparently she's been secretly "planning" all of this for quite some time! LOL.

Thanks again everyone!!

Creme Fraiche

Rough_Rock
Trade
Congratulations!!! It was great for us to share this special moment with you. Glad everything went well. No the wedding prep is next, the prep is stressful but it is worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results