shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this grey spinel?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it, nice grey, no evidence of zoning or a window to me, and the cutting looks nice, full of sparkles.

DK :))

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@two_little_birds It seems like a lovely colour and cut! Bear in mind spinels
are shifty and you may see more of the violet colour in other lighting conditions. What are your plans for it?

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I have bought from him three times. I have had no issues with the stones. I actually really like them.

Although please keep in mind he does not ship according to appropriate regulations. He sends alternate methods and he basically does that I think to keep the costs lower. Last time I got a stone, it was in a box filled with cheap tourist souvenirs and he had stuffed the stone in this weird little woven pouch. He sent me something like 35 woven raffia pouches and postcards and keychains.

I really don't know what would have happened on an insurance claim.

H

Horsegirl76

I agree with @Niffler75. I Have a very similar colored one (maybe a bit lighter) and I get the post beautiful shifts of lavender/violet/grey in different lighting. I personally LOVE a shifty stone. It was a characteristic that really attracted me to spinels. This one looks beautifully cut. What size is it?

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
Wahhhhh... they sold it! I didn't even know another buyer was interested. :cry:

They're going to try and find me something similar though.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the dispersion.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I've bought from him from Facebook before. 2 purplish pink spinels. Shipping was as described earlier in rattan woven pouches filled with Styrofoam peanuts, postcards etc to keep costs low In guess and deter theft while in transit.

However, the spinels were shown on video to be neon purplish pink. When they arrived they were definite purples. But not why and the price I paid for them. Though cutting is good. Since I can't trust his videos, I never bothered purchasing from him again. I also did not enquire about a return as I was transiting between countries for my work and didn't have the time to.

Color inaccuracy may be less of a problem with grey.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The hand shot looks dark. What metal were you planning to mount it in? (I mean, before it sold)

indigoblue

Shiny_Rock
I like this one even better. You might consider putting a hold on any stones you post here. Lurkers sometimes buy them out from under you.

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@two_little_birds Defo watch out for lurkers. A few PS'ers have have had deals snatched out from under them straight after posting on here. ::)

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a shame that spinel was really gorgeous. Just as a matter of interest what's his pricing like?

voce

Ideal_Rock
@two_little_birds Defo watch out for lurkers. A few PS'ers have have had deals snatched out from under them straight after posting on here. ::)

Are you talking about me? My red spinel purchase did not have a very good ending. So there's risk too for lurkers who snatch.

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@voce I'm not aware of what happened with your spinel!

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
What a shame that spinel was really gorgeous. Just as a matter of interest what's his pricing like?
The first stone I posted or the second one? Two different sellers.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results