shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this diamond

TODiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Looks pretty solid to me. Great proportions.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
+1

Looks like a good option proportions-wise.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
+1
Looks good...good numbers

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @llyamah, I just recently saw your message on my profile here. Is this one of the stones recommended?

If so, the proportions look very promising.

One concern I have are the inclusions. This stone has clouds as the grade setting inclusion with a note that additional clouds, pinpoints and surface graining are not shown.

Most the time VS2's check out; however, this combination MAY mean the stone is a bit hazy in appearance. It's not a for sure deal, but if I were buying I'd want BN to inspect the stone for such issues on my behalf. Additionally I would want to see the stone loose prior to setting to verify it with my own eyes.

And when I had it loose to inspect, I'd purchase my own ASET and H&A scopes so I could verify light performance and symmetry. You can ask BN to provide these images prior to purchase but they (and their suppliers) typically do not provide the requested data. Still, it's free to ask.

Overall, the stone is very promising and probably amongst the better available.

I might add I love the E color but I also prefer very white stones. Many buyers may find dropping to a G+ color offers similar results but is more budget friendly so they can maximize one of the other C's or simply save a few bucks. No right or wrong here, just pure preference.

llyamah

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi all. Thanks for the assurance and, Sledge, thank you for the detailed reply.

I have actually asked BN to get an inspection of the stone, as the additional clouds did concern me. However, I haven't asked them to provide ASET or H&A images (also, I wouldn't feel comfortable doing this myself, and would also prefer to not have to do this for practical reasons if I can avoid it). I will call them back up and see what they can do on that front.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cool, let us know what they say :)

llyamah

Rough_Rock
Trade
The vault (through BN) 'confirmed' that the diamond is eye clean and that the additional clouds don't produce a haze or affect clarity. The vault can't provide the images that I asked for.

I'm unsure now about whether to just 'go for it'.

The complication is that it will be an administrative pain in the backside (and expensive) to receive the stone loose, inspect it, return it, and get it set.

It is hard to explain but the principal reason for this is that I already have the setting and an existing diamond that I am not happy with (see my other thread).

Would I be silly to just take a chance based on the information I have? I believe BN themselves will inspect the stone too once they actually recieve it. But I don't think they do the light tests.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not an expert :) but I think that a VS2 with clouds as the grade-setting inclusion should be just fine - even with additional clouds not shown being included within the additional comments.

It looks clean in the video and BN have said there are no issues with haze or clarity, so I am hopeful that they are correct and your assessment would match theirs.

I feel your pain about the potential stress of taking a leap when you're not 100% certain!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results