carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this diamond??

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not a good one. Here's some help..

These are measurements to help you stay in ideal cut territory with a GIA excellent cut stone.

table: 54-58

depth: 60-62.3

crown angle: 34-35.0

pavilion angle: 40.6-40.9 (sometimes 41.0)

Also, there is a screening tool for GIA ex cut stones:

https://www.pricescope.com/tools/hca

You want to see Excellent on light return, fire, and scintillation, and very good on spread. An overall score of 2.0 or lower means a diamond is worth exploring further (but a 1.0 isn’t necessarily better than 1.9).

I'll take a quick look and see if I see a good one.

centrifuge41

Rough_Rock
Interesting! This seems to be a BIC (Brilliant Ideal Cut).

You might get more scintillation (black/white flashes), and less fire (rainbow light) with it. You may want to check out BIC's and FIC's in store to have a good idea if you have a preference for either/or (or prefer a TIC).

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
centrifuge41|1453062320|3977202 said:
Interesting! This seems to be a BIC (Brilliant Ideal Cut).

You might get more scintillation (black/white flashes), and less fire (rainbow light) with it. You may want to check out BIC's and FIC's in store to have a good idea if you have a preference for either/or (or prefer a TIC).

It's probably a nice stone. I don't think most people are going to be able to access all cuts of diamonds and analyze the cut at a local jeweler. When I was shopping locally, there literally were no ideal cuts at all!

I just think a stone with a low crown angle is sort of flat looking in the profile view and a higher crown is more attractive. I just usually recommend stones that are close to ideal cut standards when people are looking online because that is safest. But by all means, if a person has the ability to order two stones online to see at one time (one like this and one with ideal cut specs), that's great!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results