shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this diamond? Just reserved it through BN

misstrish1030

Rough_Rock
Trade
I just reserved this diamond. We are ordering a ring next week and are overwhelmed with trying to find an eye cleanl SL1. This one looks good to me but I'd love some advice from an expert :).

https://www.bluenile.com/diamond-details/LD15308365

Budget is 10.5K for entire ring. Set in platinum. I'm looking at 1.3 H color excellent cut and sl1/vs2 clarity, faint/none florescence.

Thank you for taking a look!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome! The diamond you chose isn’t well cut, that’s what we would focus on first and foremost. I don’t have too much time at the moment but I’m sure others will come along and explain the details. I took a quick look at BN and like this one, inclusions are white so should be eye clean at this size. Do you have to use Bluenile or would you be open to other vendors as well?

This might also be a possibility but you’d need to request the GIA report for this one, I didn’t see it listed: https://www.bluenile.com/diamond-de...NDS&track=viewDiamondDetails&catalogView=true

adlgel

Shiny_Rock
If you are not tied to Blue Nile, Whiteflash is another vendor highly recommended on these forums and they have a great upgrade policy on most of their in house stones. Attached should be a link (I hope this works) to 4 H VS2/SI1 1.3 carat stones, all of which are eligible for their upgrade policy. There should be enough room in your budget to buy the stone and a setting.

Their upgrade policy allows you to trade-in your current stone for any other stone eligible for their policy as long as you spend just $1 more. Blue Nile's upgrade policy requires buying a stone that is at least twice as much as your original stone.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What kind of setting are you looking for? That would help us to know what would be left for the stone.

misstrish1030

Rough_Rock
Trade
Thanks for you responses so far.

These are the settings im looking at

DBDD3711-E6B7-444B-98BC-142477FC6632.jpeg 2D99B1C1-3E02-4E6E-B0B0-062D30EA4299.jpeg

misstrish1030

Rough_Rock
Trade
Welcome! The diamond you chose isn’t well cut, that’s what we would focus on first and foremost. I don’t have too much time at the moment but I’m sure others will come along and explain the details. I took a quick look at BN and like this one, inclusions are white so should be eye clean at this size. Do you have to use Bluenile or would you be open to other vendors as well?

This might also be a possibility but you’d need to request the GIA report for this one, I didn’t see it listed: https://www.bluenile.com/diamond-de...NDS&track=viewDiamondDetails&catalogView=true

I’d prefer to work with BN but I am open to other vendors but I’m a bit confused on the one not being well cut. I choose ideal from the cut filters.

Thanks

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d prefer to work with BN but I am open to other vendors but I’m a bit confused on the one not being well cut. I choose ideal from the cut filters.

Thanks

Unfortunately choosing ideal from their filters isnt enough to get an actually ideal cut diamond. Sadly, the one you chose isn't actually what one would consider ideal cut.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In terms of cut, you want to stick in the following parameters to be on the safe side.

Depth 60.5-62.4
Table 54-58
Crown: 34-35 (35.5 if pavillion is 40.6)
Pavillion: 40.6- 40.8 (41 can be ok if crown is 40.6)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results