shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this 1.33 carat VS2?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mojofc

Rough_Rock
you guys are the best, so many responses that all help out

I just went through about 1000 images of my g/f and I before I found a picture of her with a ring on her ring finger. Now I have to find it... I can''t find it at this house so I''m going to go try to find it at my apt. I have her best friend trying to find out but I''m running out of time. I could ask her mother, but that also forces me to have the talk with her now as well, and I just don''t have time today if I want to get all this done. Guess I''ll be doing that next week, she know''s it''s coming, just doesn''t know when.

$1000 is still $1000 when making a large purchase so you''re right, I should ask for them to look at the 2 and decide which would be the best for me in this matter after I explain the look is extremely important and nothing visually (clouds, etc) should be seen. I have very good eye sight, my g/f doesn''t at all, but it would be important for me to choose one with zero visual inclusions. I''m off to try and find the ring... wish me luck.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/6/2009 10:14:05 AM
Author: mojofc
you guys are the best, so many responses that all help out

I just went through about 1000 images of my g/f and I before I found a picture of her with a ring on her ring finger. Now I have to find it... I can''t find it at this house so I''m going to go try to find it at my apt. I have her best friend trying to find out but I''m running out of time. I could ask her mother, but that also forces me to have the talk with her now as well, and I just don''t have time today if I want to get all this done. Guess I''ll be doing that next week, she know''s it''s coming, just doesn''t know when.

$1000 is still $1000 when making a large purchase so you''re right, I should ask for them to look at the 2 and decide which would be the best for me in this matter after I explain the look is extremely important and nothing visually (clouds, etc) should be seen. I have very good eye sight, my g/f doesn''t at all, but it would be important for me to choose one with zero visual inclusions. I''m off to try and find the ring... wish me luck.
Good luck, and as Ellen suggested get your rep at JA to look at both and that should give you greater confidence in which to choose. VVS will be totally eyeclean but do ask about the VS too as it might fit the bill - just make sure if your preference is to see nothing inclusionwise from any angle at close scrutiny that you tell them that.

mojofc

Rough_Rock
Thanks again Lorelei-

I just e-mailed the guy I have been dealing with and included the "see nothing inclusionwise from any angle at close scrutiny that you tell them that. " part. I e-mailed him about 5 min before you wrote that, but I didn''t go into that much detail so I e-mailed again... hope he doesn''t mind.

I told him I hope to have the decision made today so hopefully they do it quickly.

So exciting to have this almost finished!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/6/2009 10:27:19 AM
Thanks again Lorelei-

I just e-mailed the guy I have been dealing with and included the ''see nothing inclusionwise from any angle at close scrutiny that you tell them that. '' part. I e-mailed him about 5 min before you wrote that, but I didn''t go into that much detail so I e-mailed again... hope he doesn''t mind.

I told him I hope to have the decision made today so hopefully they do it quickly.

So exciting to have this almost finished!!!
You are very welcome! I am sure your JA rep doesn''t mind - after all they would rather get it right the first time and have a happy client, so the more info you can give the concerning your expectations - particularly one with so many potential grey areas as the matter of '' eyecleanliness'' - the better!

Please keep us posted - it is an exciting process!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Best of luck!! Can''t wait to see pics when you get the one!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good luck, and let us know how it goes!

mojofc

Rough_Rock
Their response, what are your thoughts? I think I may just go with the VVS one.

11**892

Fantastic diamond with perfect internal symmetry. The diamond has a superb crown/pavilion combination and a beautiful spread. It is *beyond* eye-clean and faces completely white.

11**737

A great stone at a great price, but not quite as finely cut as 119892. The pavilion mains are a bit on the long side, so it has thinner arrows and disjointed hearts. VS2 is completely eye-clean.

11**782

Another well priced option, but the pavilion is a *touch* on the deep side. This is driving up the HCA score and makes the diamond less desirable to the Pricescope crowd. Keep in mind, however, that AGS uses a *performance* grading system and they gave this diamond it''s highest marks. I would think of this diamond as an "A" student, although it might be an "A-" instead of an "A+". VS2 is eye-clean.

If it were my choice I would buy the 1.26ct I-VVS2 H&A. It''s going to give you the best cut and the highest clarity, both of which are important to you.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 11:26:10 AM

11**892

Fantastic diamond with perfect internal symmetry. The diamond has a superb crown/pavilion combination and a beautiful spread. It is *beyond* eye-clean and faces completely white.

11**737

A great stone at a great price, but not quite as finely cut as 119892. The pavilion mains are a bit on the long side, so it has thinner arrows and disjointed hearts. VS2 is completely eye-clean.

11**782

Another well priced option, but the pavilion is a *touch* on the deep side. This is driving up the HCA score and makes the diamond less desirable to the Pricescope crowd. Keep in mind, however, that AGS uses a *performance* grading system and they gave this diamond it''s highest marks. I would think of this diamond as an ''A'' student, although it might be an ''A-'' instead of an ''A+''. VS2 is eye-clean.

If it were my choice I would buy the 1.26ct I-VVS2 H&A. It''s going to give you the best cut and the highest clarity, both of which are important to you.

Well, this is nice info, but along with this, I would want to know which one performs the best. Which they really didn''t address.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
ditto to Ellen.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/6/2009 11:26:10 AM

11**892

11**737

11**782

Another well priced option, but the pavilion is a *touch* on the deep side. This is driving up the HCA score and makes the diamond less desirable to the Pricescope crowd. Keep in mind, however, that AGS uses a *performance* grading system and they gave this diamond it's highest marks. I would think of this diamond as an 'A' student, although it might be an 'A-' instead of an 'A+'. VS2 is eye-clean. No actually, despite being an AGS0 this diamond shows what appears to be leakage in the photo and probably definitely in IS, the angles are steep but the resultant HCA score is not what is putting off the "PS crowd" - it is the signs of leakage.

If it were my choice I would buy the 1.26ct I-VVS2 H&A. It's going to give you the best cut and the highest clarity, both of which are important to you.

And thritto Ellen.

mojofc

Rough_Rock
his response:

"There is no question. Our H&A performs the best. It has the best crown/pavilion combination, the tightest symmetry of all three, and is the only stone good enough to be part of our personal Hearts & Arrows collection. The other two are great diamonds, but you asked me which was best."

obviously I think we can all guess at that, but I wish he would include more information on the other two... it seems this specific guy isn''t trying to be too helpful. from his very very quick response, we can assume he or anyone for that matter has looked at these specific stones. it seems he is going straight from the angles, etc.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would not want to proceed on the H VS without an idealscope image, period. I would concentrate more on the other two with the info we have.

mojofc

Rough_Rock
Lorelei- What information about the 1.31 VS2 would be helpful for you to help me decide between the two? I can e-mail him back and request it back by 4pm.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/6/2009 12:02:45 PM
Lorelei- What information about the 1.31 VS2 would be helpful for you to help me decide between the two? I can e-mail him back and request it back by 4pm.
I always like an Idealscope or ASET, but it may take a while to get one, however this one does look promising from the bit of info we have.

mojofc

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 12:07:26 PM
Author: Lorelei

I always like an Idealscope or ASET, but it may take a while to get one, however this one does look promising from the bit of info we have.
I e-mailed him back. I would hope after sending this, they could put a rush on an Idealscope considering I told him I will be spending 7000 - 8000 at their company.
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif

J****- I realize there is little time, but since I will be making this decision before close tonight. Would there be any possibility to receive an Idealscope or an ASET of 11**737 ? I understand this is not typical this quickly, but it would be greatly appreciated in this matter considering the size of this purchase. I will be going with one of 11**737 or 11**892. I am going to run out and have a ring I found sized and will be back shortly. Thank you again,Adam

I am curious to see their response.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/6/2009 12:16:45 PM

Date: 2/6/2009 12:07:26 PM
Author: Lorelei

I e-mailed him back. I would hope after sending this, they could put a rush on an Idealscope considering I told him I will be spending 7000 - 8000 at their company.
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif

J****- I realize there is little time, but since I will be making this decision before close tonight. Would there be any possibility to receive an Idealscope or an ASET of 11**737 ? I understand this is not typical this quickly, but it would be greatly appreciated in this matter considering the size of this purchase. I will be going with one of 11**737 or 11**892. I am going to run out and have a ring I found sized and will be back shortly. Thank you again,Adam

I am curious to see their response.
I don''t know how long it would take for an IS image to be procured but lets see what happens.

mojofc

Rough_Rock
He said he would have one in 2 hours. (that was at 12:30pm)

I'll post it when it's available.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/6/2009 1:45:02 PM
He said he would have one in 2 hours. (that was at 12:30pm)

I''ll post it when it''s available.
Thats great!

mojofc

Rough_Rock
How do I post an image or url? It keeps telling me *error*

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/6/2009 2:48:46 PM
How do I post an image or url? It keeps telling me *error*
Make sure to pick a unique name and no unusual characters, for example idealscope1 is unlikely to work. Make sure it is the optimum size also for posting.

mojofc

Rough_Rock
Here it is.

1184737.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well done!

It looks good!!!

mojofc

Rough_Rock
Is the black cloudy area around the northeast center because of the cloud in the GIA report possibly? How much will that effect the diamonds performance?

How does it compare to the VVS2 Idealscope?

Would I really tell a difference side by side?

This is becoming more exciting, getting close to a decision!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/6/2009 3:10:40 PM
Is the black cloudy area around the northeast center because of the cloud in the GIA report possibly? How much will that effect the diamonds performance?

How does it compare to the VVS2 Idealscope?

Would I really tell a difference side by side?

This is becoming more exciting, getting close to a decision!
I would check with JA, but I don't think it would interfere with brilliance or be visible to the naked eye but check to be sure. As to how the two diamonds compare, they are both well cut - slightly different personalities from what I can tell but I doubt you would notice a difference side by side. They are two well cut diamonds. The VVS has an AGS0 cut grade which some prefer so that is a consideration also.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks good to me too. Probably would not be able to tell the difference.

mojofc

Rough_Rock
Great ! my friend who has the friend is forwarding the 2 links / Idealscopes to her as well just to hear some more feedback.

I''m sort of leaning towards the VVS2 one for mental reasons I guess just so I know for a fact I won''t see any inclusions. I have very good eye sight and I''d hate to notice something that most people couldn''t, although... haha that is a $1200 difference as well and that''s a good chunk of $.

Thanks so much, I''ll keep you up to date.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/6/2009 3:27:03 PM
Great ! my friend who has the friend is forwarding the 2 links / Idealscopes to her as well just to hear some more feedback.

I'm sort of leaning towards the VVS2 one for mental reasons I guess just so I know for a fact I won't see any inclusions. I have very good eye sight and I'd hate to notice something that most people couldn't, although... haha that is a $1200 difference as well and that's a good chunk of $.

Thanks so much, I'll keep you up to date.
Glad to help! And at this stage of the game then you need to follow your instincts I think, if you believe the VVS would be a better choice then thats the frontrunner until you make the final decision. Some prefer VVS for ' mindclean' reasons which is perfectly fine!

mojofc

Rough_Rock
Ordered !!!!

I went with the VS2 after talking to one of my good friends for a little while (and with your help of course), and I ordered a six prong Tiffany Setting look-a-like in white gold!

Thank you so much for everyones help, it really made my life a lot easier during this stressful process.

I''ll be sending pictures, don''t worry.

It''s 1.31 VS2 I Ideal with a .8 HCA rating.

I can''t wait, I just drove to Wachovia to wire the $ (they said they can''t wire until Monday) and I was shaking the entire time I was in the bank... and still am. No concerns though, I called JamesAllen and they said it will still arrive by Friday even with payment on Monday.

Now I need to figure out where to do it, how to do it, and talk to her mother sometime this week
6.gif

Also book a hotel and reserve a place to eat for Valentines/Engagement Day dinner.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 6:06:40 PM
Ordered !!!!

I went with the VS2 after talking to one of my good friends for a little while (and with your help of course), and I ordered a six prong Tiffany Setting look-a-like in white gold!

Thank you so much for everyones help, it really made my life a lot easier during this stressful process.

I''ll be sending pictures, don''t worry.

It''s 1.31 VS2 I Ideal with a .8 HCA rating.

I can''t wait, I just drove to Wachovia to wire the $ (they said they can''t wire until Monday) and I was shaking the entire time I was in the bank... and still am. No concerns though, I called JamesAllen and they said it will still arrive by Friday even with payment on Monday.

Now I need to figure out where to do it, how to do it, and talk to her mother sometime this week
6.gif

Also book a hotel and reserve a place to eat for Valentines/Engagement Day dinner.
Congratulations!!! I am so excited for you and now the hard part is over! Now you just get to enjoy the proposal and being engaged. I hope you come back with some pictures of the ring. Good luck with the proposal!

ejv207

Rough_Rock
Wow, that was an amazingly fast response from the regular PS''ers! Congratulations, Mojo, on your quick pick and buy. I need to figure out when and where too(though I''m not under the gun of V~day). I''m clueless right now, and can''t ice skate well enough to get down on one knee like MR New York in the proposal ideas forum. I''m sure everything will come together in time! Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results