shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on the Radiant? Thanks....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jeffjorgy

Rough_Rock
Here is the Radiant diamond I am looking at. Any thoughts/opinions are greatly appreciated.

Lab: GIA
Carat: 1.02
Color: H
Clarity: VS1
Measure: 5.56*5.48*3.54
Depth: 64.60
Table: 64
Cutlet: N
Polish: G
Symmetry: G
Cost: $4,000

Sincerely,
Jeff

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Hi Jeff... Welcome on this board! Are you able to get a Sarin or OGI report?? It would be helpful... Keep in mind that our eyes are the best judge, though. A stone with horrible numbers can be very beautiful and pleasing to the naked eye... Who knows?
1.gif

Let us know if you can get the report...

Beith

Rough_Rock
Visually, radiants look smaller than rounds. The stone's effective area is ~8% smaller than an equivalent 1 ct round diamond and this makes it look even smaller.

Both the depth% and table% are not optimum and that can affect its brilliance. However, just visually, that stone will look ~ .75 ct round, too small.
sad.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Hi Beith, I have to disagree... 64.6 depth is RARE and unusual and many, many stones have 70 to 80% depths. Table looks good too (since there are quite a lot of 72 - 80%s)...

Giangi

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Cindy!
1.gif

jeffjorgy

Rough_Rock
I have info from the Sarin report:

L/W; 1.01
Weight: 1.02
Measure: 5.47 x 5.55mm
Crown Angle: 36.4
Crown Height: 13.2% .72mm
Pavil Depth: 41.5% 2.27mm
Culet: 2.9% .16
Table Size: 65% 3.55mm
Table Depth: 64.7% 3.54mm
Gridle Thick: 5.2% .29mm

$4,000

Thanks for all your input.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Sounds good! The crown height is very good at 13.2%. The girdle thickness is a bit thick... How does GIA describe it?
Table and depth are both very good too.

jeffjorgy

Rough_Rock
GIA reports slightly thick to thick.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Have you seen the diamond? Is it sparkly? The proportions are very nice and maybe this is the right one!
1.gif

jeffjorgy

Rough_Rock
I get it tomorrow. I am getting excited. :)

I hope the research and everyone's help has paid off. Thanks for the input.

One thing, I get the diamond tomorrow and if I like the look and the shine I then send it off to gemappraisers, then back to DBOF for mounting. Anything I need to check out or get arranged?

If everything else goes as planned I pop the question April 25th in St. John USVI. :)

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Oh, is this stone from DBOF?? If yes, then I'm sure it's a super sparkly one! They sell some of the most beautiful stones I've ever seen!!!!!!!!
1.gif

Let us know if you like the rock!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results