shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on my Master Plan

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

b_w_m

Rough_Rock
Hello, for all proposes I will not say my name on here. . . but I am rather new.

I was wondering if you guys would like to look over my plan here and tell me what I might work on or change or add to. I would love to hear your honest thoughts and opinions. I have not told a single soul my plan (well…at least for the people in on it.) and need to know if I’m making it perfect.

I have been with my girlfriend for 9 years. (met her in high school mind you) and I am planning on getting engaged to her this December. There is a reason for the month as well.

This is my plan so far. As of today.

1. Take her to a nice (dress up) restaurant for an early dinner.

2. (She really loves Christmas and for 9 years there has been a house that she loves to drive by and see the display that they always have in the window. . . we have ate in front of the house before and drank coffee looking at the lights…I have talked to the owners this year and . . . ) Then I will tell her “let’s go see if our display is up this year”, and then when we drive up to the house it will be on her side of the car, to which she will look out the window…as she is doing this I will play her favorite song from high school . Lol… N’sync “god must have spend alittle more time on you” . . . and she will see in the middle of the Christmas display a huge sign that reads “. . . Will you marry me. . . ‘her name’. . . when she looks over at me sitting in the car I will turn the car lights on and on my lap I will be holding a tiffany’s box with her engagement ring in it. I will hand it to her. And then get out of the car and walk over to the other side to open her door and get on one knee. . . . (I am planning on getting Tiffany’s Legacy. I have a lot . . . and I mean a lot saved. . )

3. After this…I am not driving her home…but instead, I have already gotten a reservation at the Ritz Carlton Hotel in halfmoon bay, over looking the ocean (which has really kicked my wallets ass).

What do you guys think about this plan?

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
That is so sweet, I love it!

HeadOverHeels4James

Shiny_Rock
OMG!!!! I literally started crying, and I''m at work. That is so amazing! What a lucky girl, she it going to melt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
This is amazing, it gave me goosebumps!! I love it!! You even got the owners involved, how awesome!!

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
That is the cutest thing I've ever heard! Your idea sounds awesome and perfect! I wouldn't change a thing, don't add to it, don't take anything away, perfect as is!!!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

And I LOVE the Halfmoon Bay Ritz Carlton idea. I live (somewhat) near there and it's such a gorgeous place! My FI and I love taking the drive up the coast and then horseback riding on the beach!

dockman3

Brilliant_Rock
b_w_m-

The only thing I would change would be to not give her the ring until you''ve walked around the car. You can let her see the box you are holding, but walk around, get down on one knee and then open that little black box for her to see that gorgeous ring as you ask her. Otherwise, I think she''ll love it! Great plan!

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/18/2008 4:02:09 PM
Author: dockman3
b_w_m-

The only thing I would change would be to not give her the ring until you''ve walked around the car. You can let her see the box you are holding, but walk around, get down on one knee and then open that little black box for her to see that gorgeous ring as you ask her. Otherwise, I think she''ll love it! Great plan!
Totally agree and I too LOVE this plan!

Good luck to you!!!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
omgomgomg.

can i go?

that sounds AWESOME!! and so cool that you involved the house owners as well!

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
Wow - that is excellent! How thoughtful of you! Good luck...

urseberry

Brilliant_Rock
It sounds beautiful and thoughtful! The only thing I would add is that you should secretly pack an overnight bag for her, with a toothbrush, other toiletries, pajamas, and a change of clothes. Keep this bag in the trunk so she has some stuff with her at the Ritz Carlton.

heather318

Shiny_Rock
I love love your plan! I think it''s adorable!

But here is my 2 cents worth of suggestions.. Maybe the part with the question shouldn''t be on until you pull up and come to a stop so you have some sort of control over when she sees it and it makes it really obvious.. And my 2nd suggestion is to have someone taking pictures from an upstairs window or somewhere nearby..

Shameless

Rough_Rock
Love it... I agree with walking over to the other side of the car and letting her see the closed box...

AND, if those people would tape it... it would be awesome. :razz:

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
I love the idea!!!! Sounds awesome! Can''t wait to hear how it turns out!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results