shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on getting this ring custom made..

Tamafaba

Rough_Rock
Hey guys my name is Gerry and I'm brand new to the forum! After hours and hours of researching on this topic, I came across this website and immediately felt a sense of relief. I hope someone can shed some light on my problem. So basically i need to get this ring

http://www.zales.com/vera-wang-love-collection-diamond-frame-engagement-ring-14k-white-gold/product.jsp?productId=12111049

Ring is a Vera Wang LOVE Collection 3/4 CT. T.W. Diamond Frame Engagement Ring in 14K White Gold $2099.00 it was on sale last week for about $1850.00

So a while back when me and my girlfriend were looking for rings, after countless stores she saw this one and fell in love, so i want to get it. My worry is if i buy it from Zales will i be overpaying like crazy? Ive been reading that those department stores really amp up the price. I live in driving distance from Downtown LA and I'm headed up there this weekend to see if any jewelry place can replicate this ring and maybe put her birth stone where the blue sapphires are. Also engraved if possible. I'm paying cash so maybe ill be able to drop price? Anyway so my question is, do you think it is possible to get something custom made to look like that and also maybe have the adjustments to the sapphires for a better price? I'm thinking shoot, if its custom AND her birthstone could be in there AND a better deal, why not? I'm going to read into this forum under Knowledge because i know theres a lot i need to know. I just got back from a 20hr shift sooo going to take a quick shut eye then get back.

ANY input on this will be greatly appreciated, seriously, this is something that means a lot to me, i need that ring, if i cant get it anywhere else ill go to Zales but Im sure we can figure something out. Thank you & thank you for reading my post.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The 'problem' with that ring is that you are buying a 0.33 ct center stone, with a very blingy setting. All diamonds likely to be poorly cut and highly included (low clarity).

I believe you could easily get a similar setting w/ better stones for around the same price (possibly cheaper).

HOWEVER - I am a firm believer of if that's what she absolutely loves, then get it. But there are absolutely other options.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a pretty common ring setting so tell us the budget and I'm sure you could do better.

Tamafaba

Rough_Rock
telephone89|1446141776|3943504 said:
The 'problem' with that ring is that you are buying a 0.33 ct center stone, with a very blingy setting. All diamonds likely to be poorly cut and highly included (low clarity).

I believe you could easily get a similar setting w/ better stones for around the same price (possibly cheaper).

HOWEVER - I am a firm believer of if that's what she absolutely loves, then get it. But there are absolutely other options.

That is what i was thinking also, i just figured maybe if i could get get the exact same ring elsewhere and maybe better with the birthstone for a better price but i get what you are saying. hmm.

Tamafaba

Rough_Rock
AprilBaby|1446141880|3943507 said:
It's a pretty common ring setting so tell us the budget and I'm sure you could do better.

That is what i hope to see when i head to down town l.a. well being that the ring is $2000 anything below that would be great, i dont really mind too much on the price, im just curious what if i can get it made with the birthstone and possibly better diamonds for same or lower price you know?

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can email david klass and get a quote, I will look at some premade settings for you though

Tamafaba

Rough_Rock
telephone89|1446219844|3943833 said:
You can email david klass and get a quote, I will look at some premade settings for you though

Awesome, any contact information you can give me would be great :angel:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a pretty elaborate design. I don't think you're going to find an exact copy in a ready-made line, and I think you'll have trouble finding a ring with the same visual impact for that price. I'd be surprised if you could get a custom made copy at that price. Most of the settings I've looked at that are that intricate are running as much as that ring but without the center stone - which tells me that the Vera Wang/Zales ring is probably uses low quality diamonds or construction, or both. If you google "Vera Wang Rings Quality" you'll see very mixed reviews, and the same is true for Zales service. Someone earlier recommended Gabriel NY rings - We've suggested Gabriel rings to a lot of people looking for help here, and I don't recall anyone coming back with problems with their Gabriel NY ring. James Allen and ID Jewelry are two trusted PS vendors who carry engagement rings in a wide range of price-points. (I think JA has Gabriel NY as well as their own design lines... I'm not sure about IDJ.) Either of those jewelers can help you put together a beautiful ring with good melee (pave) stones and a very nice center stone. But if you're looking to replicate that setting at that price-point, I think you're going to be disappointed.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results