shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on diamonds and turquoise together??

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
I am trying to figure out what to do with a suite of 5 rose cut ovals (about 1.7ctw) I've had for several years and I keep thinking how cool it would be to set them in a ring or even a bangle with turquoise. I know that turquoise is soft, but I just love the idea of mixing the sparkle of diamonds with the bright pops of turquoise. I know this is not a new look--I found some beautiful antique pieces on Pinterest, but I'd like to know people's thoughts. Is this a terrible idea or a great idea? Is it terribly impractical? Will my diamonds look fake next to turquoise?

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Thoughts on diamonds and turquoise together??

Love it. Put it in yellow gold. Rich rich yellow gold... 22k. YUM! Since turquoise is softer, put it on a bangle maybe? Pendant?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

They look great together. With either yellow or white metal. Not rose thoguh.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

The only disadvantage is that you cannot use an ultrasonic or steam to clean it due to the turquoise.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium

A fabulous combination (especially in rich yellow gold)! If you decide upon a bracelet, I'd suggest opting for an open or C-shaped bangle or cuff. In my experience, those stay put & don't swivel around -- regardless of whether it's the traditional design or where adorned ends are worn on top of the wrist. So you wouldn't have to keep fiddling with the bracelet & there's much less risk of the turquoise (and diamonds) getting banged up.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Count me as a fan!

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock

madelise said:
Love it. Put it in yellow gold. Rich rich yellow gold... 22k. YUM! Since turquoise is softer, put it on a bangle maybe? Pendant?

I was thinking 22k yellow gold!! I like white gold too, but 22k is just so yummyyyyyyy

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock

Gypsy said:
They look great together. With either yellow or white metal. Not rose thoguh.
Agree

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock

chrono said:
The only disadvantage is that you cannot use an ultrasonic or steam to clean it due to the turquoise.

Good point

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock

MollyMalone said:
A fabulous combination (especially in rich yellow gold)! If you decide upon a bracelet, I'd suggest opting for an open or C-shaped bangle or cuff. In my experience, those stay put & don't swivel around -- regardless of whether it's the traditional design or where adorned ends are worn on top of the wrist. So you wouldn't have to keep fiddling with the bracelet & there's much less risk of the turquoise (and diamonds) getting banged up.

I am thinking a C-shaped bangle... Would that actually be a cuff? I have a silver and yellow gold c-shaped bangle that I love and wore for years without ever taking it off. One of the yellow gold bits is coming loose and needs a repair... Which I should do and start wearing again!

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock

motownmama said:
Count me as a fan!
[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results