shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on color change sapphire + setting ideas?

Bonsai

Shiny_Rock
My color change sapphire came in 2 ct unheated.
Pic in my car on rainy day,
in the tray in both kinds of lighting
general pic in the house

thoughts on color? a little dark in some situations
Also want to set it in a fun way.
Thx in advance
IMG_8950.jpg IMG_8956.jpg IMG_8959.jpg IMG_8961.jpg

voce

Ideal_Rock
It looks a little dark/oversaturated to be the ideal color for me, but I think the color change is strong and very neat!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Set it in something open, a bezel will darken it even more...

PieAreSquared

Shiny_Rock
With or without diamonds?

I just googled "fun gemstone rings" and this one popped up:
1582086853122.png It has a princess cut center stone but a round would look awesome too...
I haven't used this jeweler but found he had some interesting designs with and without diamonds.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just googled "fun gemstone rings" and this one popped up:

Gah! I never thought of that! :wall: I would've googled "gold ring with swirls" or something equally narrow and unimaginative.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely, but what types of lighting will you be wearing it most? You want it to look nice in that lighting.
This ring of mine (it’s a CZ - crazy- the workmanship is superb) I bought for the look. Very interesting. 53FF681E-9EEA-4358-9778-81D87AE9DA26.jpeg 80581D14-B66B-4950-AD6E-C1BF0F8EFB9A.jpeg

Bonsai

Shiny_Rock
IMG_8965 copy.jpg

My iPhone camera adds too much contrast but here's a pic in a well lit room which is my business. Main place I hang out. If I go out its the usual restaurant or whatever.
The stone is a little darker than I'd hoped but in looking and scouring color change sapphires it seems to be:
1. finding a blue to purple (as opposed to bluish purples to purple or violet to purple) is hard
2. the blue in color change sapphires is not quite the desirable color as a top tier blue. Maybe there's some sacrifice if I want color change???
3. I do love the saturated color personally. It pops to me.
4. the color change isn't like alexandrite its more subtle but nice

The ideas of an open profile are great. I am not much for halos but def not with what's mentioned. I want something colorful so I'm thinking a setting like this. It's a little similar to my other ring but thats ok. We talked about the blue sapphire as the center and then where this one has blues we will put some colored sapphires, maybe color change garnets or something?
I'm thinking yellow, green, pink... b/c my sapphire is blue/ purple

thoughts/
C8064.jpg

voce

Ideal_Rock
I vote no for color change garnets. They tend to be overdark in natural lighting, so unless you want it to look blue (sapphire) and black (garnet) under sunlight, you shouldn't go for it. I can see green or pink to go with your stone but they should be saturated greens or pinks. Honestly, white diamonds would pop the color the most.

Bonsai

Shiny_Rock
I think diamonds would make it pop but do you think it seems too "engagementy" with diamonds?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results