shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts about the price of this stone, please?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LJS300

Rough_Rock
I''m brand new to this. I think this is a lovely stone. Someone in the Diamond District, who naturally had an interest in dissuading me from purchasing somewhere else, told me the price was way too high. I''d appreciate a reality check. Thanks very much in advance.

http://goodoldgold.com/diamond/5737/

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is a branded cut, an ISee2 stone, you can see their symbol in the report comments. What is the price by the way? With it put on hold, no price was present.

LJS300

Rough_Rock
Oh, that''s embarrassing -- it would be helpful if I included the price. Thanks. The bank wire price was a bit over $11,000. I don''t remember the exact number now. I didn''t realize what the branding information was. I really don''t want Sweetie to pay more just for a brand...

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Actually the price is not high for that specs. The branded comment was just to mention that it is a very well cut stone, it will perform very well.

LJS300

Rough_Rock
Thank you! We''ll see it on Saturday. I''m very excited, although the price means I''ll probably have to find a different setting than the one I had in mind, if we go with this stone.

I''ve learned a lot lurking here. Thanks everyone!

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good luck. :)

Hope you still can squeeze some $$ for the setting you like.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The stones that you link are beautiful. Just remember that the stone is the star and the setting is just a supporting actress. Of course that''s my opinion and I''ve seen some beautiful expensive settings with lovely stones that cost less than their setting.

Decide what''s important to YOU the stone or the setting. Many here upgrade their stone or setting or both later on. Others keep the stone forever.

HTH

LJS300

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much! I also want the stone to be the star. I just want a simple shared-prong setting, but I like an open gallery and I like the look of a shared single prong (not as much metal), and I''m not seeing many of those out there. Seemed pretty straightforward to me, but as I said, I am brand new at this. It''s all a little bit overwhelming, but in a good way.

LJS300

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 8:07:30 PM
Author: Stone-cold11
Can you get GOG to get the data up for this stone and ready for you to see on this weekend too? It is new. Looks like a good and cheap stone.

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/PHC44812/

I will email them and see. Thanks so very much again!!!!!

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
The stones you linked to looks good too.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 8:08:52 PM
Author: LJS300
Thank you so much! I also want the stone to be the star. I just want a simple shared-prong setting, but I like an open gallery and I like the look of a shared single prong (not as much metal), and I'm not seeing many of those out there. Seemed pretty straightforward to me, but as I said, I am brand new at this. It's all a little bit overwhelming, but in a good way.
Ask GOG about making one for you, they do custom.
28.gif
And all these stones are great, but since you get to see them, let your eyes (and wallet) be the judge! You are so lucky to get to go there in person, I had to buy mine from them long distance. I am green with envy.
11.gif
2.gif

p.s. Ask to see some J's, you may not see much difference!

LJS300

Rough_Rock
I am so excited, I cannot begin to tell you. This is so much fun!!!
9.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
You must report back, or we''ll hunt you down for details!
9.gif

LJS300

Rough_Rock
Will do!!!!! Still can''t believe this is really happening...
21.gif

PortlandKelly

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 7:13:07 PM
Author:LJS300
I''m brand new to this. I think this is a lovely stone. Someone in the Diamond District, who naturally had an interest in dissuading me from purchasing somewhere else, told me the price was way too high. I''d appreciate a reality check. Thanks very much in advance.

I was wondering who put this stone on reserve!!
36.gif
I''ve had my eye on it for quite some time.
30.gif
Please do report back after your trip!

LJS300

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/17/2009 7:08:26 PM
Author: PortlandKelly
Date: 4/15/2009 7:13:07 PM

Author:LJS300

I was wondering who put this stone on reserve!!
36.gif
I''ve had my eye on it for quite some time.
30.gif
Please do report back after your trip!

It was incredible and it''s going to be mine!
30.gif
That''s really hard to believe. We''re working on a setting now. We met with Jonathan about the stones, and with Maria about settings. Jonathan''s website should include a video of the tutorial he gave us today, demonstrating a "common" stone vs. a true Hearts & Arrows. At the end, when he tells you the color rating of the H&A...I won''t give it away here, but...wow. Any cut doubters should see it. We looked at a slightly larger H and also at a 1.3-ish Solisfera -- all gorgeous, but this is the one. The people at GOG were wonderful and I can''t recommend them enough. We have had 2 other good experiences, one with someone recommended to us and one who was just a walk-in storefront on 47th St. who had very good prices, but nobody had the H&A, and it really is just so special. I''ve been really involved in the process, and it''s been so much fun, but also stressful to spend Sweetie''s money -- I''m so relieved to have found a gorgeous stone at a fair price from lovely people!!!

Thanks so much again, all of you on Pricescope!

PortlandKelly

Rough_Rock
Congratulations! Can''t wait to see the finished product!

LJS300

Rough_Rock
Thanks! Me either!
25.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results