shape
carat
color
clarity

Thought tonight would be the big night... grrr

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

katica

Shiny_Rock
So, I know SO has paid at least the downpayment on my ring and that as of two weeks ago it was being made. I don''t know how long it takes to get the ring made, and he''s been secretive so I don''t have a clue. He has said he''ll propose in January or February though! Anyways, a few nights ago he said he wants to take me out for a nice dinner on Saturday night (tonight) and I thought ok this is it !! :)
Except when I called him a little while ago and asked where we''re going, he said "I don''t know, you pick the place".
7.gif
I figure it''s probably not gonna be tonight after all because if he was going to propose he''d put some thought and effort into the date right?
ok vent over..

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
Not necessarily! It might still be tonight.

And to answer your question, it usually takes 3-6 weeks to custom make a ring, although maybe quicker for some jewellers.

OMG

Rough_Rock
Dont fret! The night we got engaged I even textd my friend and told her "no engagment tonight" because my FI had not planned anything out of the ordinary. We went to an OK hotel, our fav place to eat, he didnt seem nervous or any of that.... and then it happend! Maybe he thinks if he goes over board it wont be a surprise.....

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
As hard as it may be, don''t let ring disappointment keep you from enjoying your night out with your sweetie!! That is one of the worst things about LIWitis.

katica

Shiny_Rock
Aww thanks guys, you''re the best. Ever since I found out he was actually doing something about the ring and not just saying "soon" I''ve been calmer about the whole process but now whenever he mentions doing anything ''different'' I get my hopes up! A few weeks ago he said his sister wants to go to an NBA game and I thought THAT was gonna be it (though I really don''t want to be proposed to in front of a crowd or in public) but then we cancelled that so I know it wasn''t going to be that either. haha!!

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
I feel your pain! I also keep looking for ''signs'' of when my BF may be proposing and the suspicious activity has been next to nil. I agree with PilsnPinkysMom....just enjoy the time you get to spend with your BF and have a wonderful night tonight!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
the night i got proposed to, i really didnt think anything was going to happen
and then it did!! so you never know :)

gryffindor

Shiny_Rock
I think us LIWs place too much stock on how the proposal will happen. I'm guilty of it myself. FF suggested one day that we should go ice skating in the city later this winter. I got paranoid and called him out on it because I don't want to be proposed to in an ice skating rink in public. He claims he never had any intention of proposing there, he just wanted to try ice skating. Then I've told him to please don't just hand me the ring in an envelope when I'm sitting on his couch and say "this came in the mail for you, take it home" like he usually does when I have stuff shipped to his apartment. I keep freaking out how he'll do it and if he'll do it "right" and will it be "perfect" until my friend smacked some sense into me the other day. She said "WHO CARES? As long as he proposes in any which way, even on the couch with an envelope, it means you're officially going to be marrying him after waiting for so long so quit being so crazy!"

I called FF back and apologized for being such a nutty LIW.

So this could be your night too. He's planning a very ordinary evening to keep you from suspecting that the extraordinary will be happening tonight.

caribqueen

Brilliant_Rock
I understand. Sometimes I get dressed up so that I can be ready in case he pops the question while we''re out. But my BF usually looks at me like, "are we going to the same place?" For my specific circumstance, I think my BF won''t go all out because he wants to catch me off-guard. So you never know tonight. Maybe yours is the same way.

There''s really no cure for the LIW/borderline craziness, but the ring.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Here''s some sympathy from the world''s largest brat.

I thought my fiance was going to propose one night. He didn''t... I like to sing to torment my loved ones... so I sang... tonight, tonight... in the shower and it went like this

Tonight Tonight
I thought you''d propose tonight
You did not and you''ve left me waiting
Im sad Tonight
and I feel alone tonight
and tonight you will be alone masturb8ing....

did I mention I am a brat??

I only say this because as a former LIW, we all have those cruddy moments... and waiting sucks... but when it happens IT IS MAGICAL.
So might as well enjoy every moment of all of it... oh and did I mention guys suck? They just really don''t get our agony... hence my stupid songs...
HUGS! It will happen soon enough!
35.gif

katica

Shiny_Rock
Tlh
That''s so cute and funny! lol

So yeah I was right and it WASN''T tonight. On the way to dinner I thought it would be though because he seemed so nervous it was weird. He even dropped by a liquor store on the way to dinner.. i thought this meant we would be celebrating something later tonight. But it just turned out to be a nice dinner with some TV at home afterwards... Oh well maybe next time!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
You know what else, my Dh took me out A LOT to nice dinners to keep me on my toes as to when it would happen... he wanted to throw me off the scent... so one of these days!!!
35.gif

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the update! The moment will come soon, no doubt about that!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I know I''m Johnny-Come-Lately to this thread...but, when you''re anticipating a purposal, everything feels like it has the potential to be the "moment" he''ll purpose...it''s totally common, so nothing you''re feeling is wrong or unusual.

However, be sure to not let anticipation or disappointment overshadow the romantic things he''s doing for you "just because"....every woman loves a night out...so just find the good stuff there.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results