shape
carat
color
clarity

Thought I''d share.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
As I have mentioned once before, I have certain lighting in my bedroom and bath that are great for "sparkle tests". I looked at both my ring and studs in them when brand new, so I knew how they "should" look.

However, after cleaning them, sometimes they''d look better than others. Sometimes they wouldn''t pass the test at all and I''d be like wth, I just cleaned them. Finally, after this happened yet again I wondered if I wasn''t getting them rinsed well. So I''d run water over them again, and usually it got better, but never what I''d call like new. Until one day, I really thought about it, and realized that no matter how small the trickle of water, a lot of it was hitting the intended place of entry, but most of it was falling off to the sides.

So I had a lightbulb moment, and thought, if the US cleans it better than anything, getting in all the nooks and crannies, surely it would rinse the same way. Can I say the difference is like night and day?! Unreal, I have only rinsed this way since. Well, until my US quit working Monday.
11.gif
They''re replacing it, but in the meantime, I have been reminded just how useful it is.

Anywho, just thought I''d share, unless everyone already knew this but me.
9.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, Ellen, better get a new one. . . we can''t let you firecracker not sparkle
3.gif
9.gif
I love that stone!!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol Thanks Skippers!

Glad it didn''t break right before the wedding....

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2007 8:00:25 PM
Author: Ellen
lol Thanks Skippers!

Glad it didn''t break right before the wedding....

ohhhhhh, me twoosie! Are they going to send you a new one; didn''t you just buy it?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I bought it the very end of Dec. Not long after I got it, the ON button got finnicky. Sometimes it would work on the first press, sometimes it took a few. Then, it just quit. I think I''m cursed.
9.gif

But I called the co. and they were so nice, and arranged it so I''d get it quickly. Should be here tomorrow or Friday.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh good; I am glad they are speedy
2.gif

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t have an US cleaner so maybe I get it cleaned that way once a year. the rest of the time I use either the sparkle sparkle cleaner or windex and water. I feel recently it hasn''t been quite as sparkley so I tried cleaning it in hot water, and that did help.
(Guess that means I need to go to a jewelry store soon so I can get it cleaned he he)

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s a really great idea Ellen.

I totally know what you mean about the rinse. Sometimes cleaner gets under my stone and the rest of the day I''m like "This stone is sooo dirty! **rub, rub, rub** WTF it''s not coming off!". Then I realize that it''s cleaner scum trapped under the stone. Drives me crazy.

I am going to try the US rinse thing more often...I bet that works wonders...

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good point! I''ll have to try doing that - rinsing with the US!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh good, I was beginning to think I WAS the only one who didn''t know this trick.
9.gif

Seriously, it makes a world of difference.
10.gif

Oh, and my new US came last night, can''t wait to clean my poor ring.
3.gif

p.s. Please keep fingers crossed my OMC comes home safely today.
5.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ellen, are you going to put your antique ring in th e US? Because I was talking to a jeweler the other day about antique design settings with little diamonds and he told me that US did tend to loosen stones so he did not recommend a home US for anything with melee. When I call him today, I am going to ask him if a steam cleaner is safer for frequent use.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/25/2007 8:48:25 AM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Ellen, are you going to put your antique ring in th e US? Because I was talking to a jeweler the other day about antique design settings with little diamonds and he told me that US did tend to loosen stones so he did not recommend a home US for anything with melee. When I call him today, I am going to ask him if a steam cleaner is safer for frequent use.
Oh no! Not my OMC, just my Ering.
2.gif

Honestly, the design on the OMC is so open, there''s no need, thank heavens.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, that''s good! Just wanted to be sure that beauty stays safe!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks ds.

One thing, after you clean your jewelry and rinse the US out, be sure to (close the drain) and carefully rinse off the basket if you use one, to get most of the soap off.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just had to share again, and didn''t want to bump the other thread just for this, but hubby just called, my ring is in. I''ll pick it up after I get my hair done in just a bit!

yippee5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results