shape
carat
color
clarity

Thomasville Furniture

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Class n Sass

Shiny_Rock
Anyone have Thomasville furniture? What are your thoughts on it in terms of quality? I know it''s supposed to be the best. What collection do you have? Also do you know if it really is cheaper to ordrer from the manufacturer in NC?

Thanks

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
I''m a fan of Thomasville, and I''m an Interior Designer. I think that for the price you get a great piece of solid furniture. I have a few pieces scatteder throughout my house. Although, you can always buy things cheaper directly from NC.

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
We have the black bed from the urban retreat line and LOVE IT! The furniture is so solid and made very well.
We found ours through a blow out sale in a furniture show room that was going out of business and got the bed for half price.
36.gif

I would say you get a good quality product for a relatively good price through Thomasville but NC is cheaper or shopping around local stores that carry Thomasville. It is a nice line to have spread out through your home.

We also like Bernhardt. We have the Satori wood back dining chairs and LOVE them too. They are hardy chairs with nice comfy seats and comfortable arm heights.

Another good line for sofas, upholstered chairs & ottomans, chair and halfs, etc. is Stanford. They have a website, but don''t be alarmed by the plainness of the site. The quality of the products is wonderful and the construction method make for extremely comforable durable furniture pieces. Plus you can upholster them in the fabric of your choice either through them or through a fabric you love.

Just more food for thought.

I have an interior design background as well.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know anything about the best place to buy it or the current collections, but our bedroom furniture is Thomasville and it has held up beautifully for several years now. I would buy Thomasville again in a heart beat.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Our bedroom furniture is from Thomasville. We LOVE it. Its expensive, but IMO totally worth it. We have the Cinnamon Hill Collection....

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Have Thomasville in son's bedroom and assorted other pieces, bought many years ago. Love them.

Bought new dining room furniture two years after my marble table distingetrated. One shop in town mentioned to me that some NC manufactures no longer do the work for certain products on site, and have off shore locations for the same. And that not all products---namely wood--weather the 'moist' (then to dry) conditions of crate/shipping overseas "very well". That was their opinion. But I don't recall Thomasville, in specific, being named at all. If this is a concern, you could ask.

cheers--Sharon

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2007 8:10:07 PM
Author: Sundial
I don't know anything about the best place to buy it or the current collections, but our bedroom furniture is Thomasville and it has held up beautifully for several years now. I would buy Thomasville again in a heart beat.
Me Too!!! That is so funny; we both have Thomasville and Tempurpedic mattresses! You have wonderful taste Sundial
2.gif
35.gif

I have the Trafalger Square Collection and it is solid and gorgeous!!! I think it worth the money.
9.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You should take a little trip to NC and order the furniture to ship to your home! We really do live in furniture country, and Thomasville is one of the nicer brands. There are many, many discount furniture sources in the area. I believe there is a Thomasville stone in the Hickory Furniture Mart, which is a fabulous mall of furniture stores!

tdiddy

Shiny_Rock
I love my Thomasville furniture. We have the Nocturne Collection in our bedroom (dresser, armoire, nightstands, round mirror) and the Beverly Bed from the old Bogart Collection. It wasn''t cheap, but it is gorgeous and I always get compliments on it - esp. the leather wrapped sleigh bed. My only complaint is that it seems to attract dust more than other pieces of furniture in my house so I have to dust it more frequently, but I think that''s got something to do with the finish.

What collections are you considering?

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
My dining room furniture is from Thomasville and I LOVE IT!!!! everyone i know that has pieces from them raves about the quality. i had a nick on 1 of the chairs and they sent me a touch up pen right away no ?''s asked. their service is great as well.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I have a Kingstreet mirrored wardrobe and I want to be and can be buried in it. It''s solid solid solid. No cheap, chipping finishes...Totally reasonable in light of quality imo..

Class n Sass

Shiny_Rock
I''m getting ready to take a trip to my local Thomasville store to see what collections I like. We''re not looking to purchase furniture until sometime next May but I want to get an idea of what I like and the prices. Then plan a trip to NC to see how much cheaper we can get it.

Class n Sass

Shiny_Rock
So I went yesterday and I loved the King Street collection. Definitely a lot of money but it''s such heavy, sturdy furniture. Something we''ll definitely havr for many many years.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Kingstreet rules, right? Did you see my mirrored wardrobe? It''s SO sturdy and I always get comments on it...None of this cheap chipping off faux wood or paneling...It''s the perfect color too....I also love the Kingstreet dining furniture...

Class n Sass

Shiny_Rock
King St definitely rules!!! I just loved the elegant look of it. And yes the color is perfect. Not too dark but not too light either. Now I''m just gonna have to convinve the man that this is the furniture we need as newleyweds...lol. If I can get that I seriously won''t need new bedroom furniture for years and years and years to come. My grandmother has had hers for probably close to 40 years and it still looks great!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results