shape
carat
color
clarity

This might be a silly shoe question ...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I''m having an outdoor ceremony in the grass and will be wearing heels (fairly narrow heels, not wedges). Will I have a problem walking down the aisle (and standing at the end) in heels? I''m just thinking about the few times I''ve tried to walk in grass with heels and I seemed to sink in a lot. Yet, a lot of women have outdoor weddings and wear heels. What you do you all think? I guess getting an aisle runner could be the answer, but I was hoping to not have the expense. I''m meeting with the venue in a few weeks and I can definitely ask if they have one available that I could use or rent. Do you think it''s necessary?

meresal

Ideal_Rock
My heels always sink into grass. I would be worried about the same thing. I'm sorry, I don't have any good advice.

ETA: I would be very worried about puncturing the aisle runner?? Aren't they pretty thin?? It may look odd, but just try to walk on the ball of your feet instead of heel-toe. Start practing early.
1.gif

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
I think you will sink, everytime i am in heels and on grass - i sink definitly.
I think you will sink even if you have an aisle runner. dont you? the runner is very thin -
but, do you care if you sink? is the entire event on the grass - or just the ceremony?

I personally would walk carefully down the aisle and accept that i was going to sink while doing my vows but so what? its only for a short time.
OR i would get different shoes.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Oh no, I will sink! Just as I feared
39.gif

Meresal, I''ll start practicing in the heels I''m wearing at work. Hopefully no one notices
19.gif
Maybe I can do a runway walk for my friend and she can tell me if it looks goofy.

Princesscuts, only the ceremony will be on the grass and it will only last for 10-15 min or so. Very quick! I didn''t realize runners were so thin ... I guess that idea is out. And I definitely can''t get different shoes! Haha. My dress is knee length, so everyone will be able to see my shoes and I adore them! I''ll just have to try and make it work. Luckily they''re dark blue, so any potential grass stains shouldn''t really show up.

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Could they put planks or something under the aisle runner?
2.gif
I think those are just a plain piece of cloth - so having a runner might help, depending on how hard the earth is where you''ll be walking; but if it''s squishy underneath you''ll still sink in. Actually, IS a runner just a piece of cloth, or is it heavier than that?

I just remember my high school graduation, on the football field. It had rained the day before. I learned very quickly why they''d advised us to wear flats.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I was planning to get flats anyway for later in the evening (just in case of blisters), so if the ground is really squishy I guess I could wear those. I'll talk to the venue and see if they have any solutions (planks is a good one! or plywood!). I know they have a little gazebo and we could do the ceremony under that (it has a cement floor) so that I wouldn't sink in as I was standing there. But I had really hoped to have the ceremony next to the gazebo, not under it, so that the Hudson River would be in the background (and it would leave the gazebo open for the quartet to use, since I know how difficult it is to set up music stands and a cello on grass). Hopefully the venue has a good solution for me.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2009 10:52:19 AM
Author: TheBigT
Could they put planks or something under the aisle runner?
2.gif
I think those are just a plain piece of cloth - so having a runner might help, depending on how hard the earth is where you''ll be walking; but if it''s squishy underneath you''ll still sink in. Actually, IS a runner just a piece of cloth, or is it heavier than that?

I just remember my high school graduation, on the football field. It had rained the day before. I learned very quickly why they''d advised us to wear flats.
LMAO!! Walking the plank...
32.gif
3.gif

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
Well, they''re not the most attractive solution, but I''ve seen these things online called heel stoppers. It''s a clear plastic cap that goes over your heel to create a wider base, which prevents the heel from sinking. You might want to try doing an internet search. One thing to note, though - most of the sites I saw seemed to be in the UK...

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2009 11:17:52 AM
Author: parrot tulips
Well, they''re not the most attractive solution, but I''ve seen these things online called heel stoppers. It''s a clear plastic cap that goes over your heel to create a wider base, which prevents the heel from sinking. You might want to try doing an internet search. One thing to note, though - most of the sites I saw seemed to be in the UK...

Oh, that''s interesting! If you google "stop heels from sinking in grass" you can find blogs and other websites that mention these things. Some of them are embellished with rhinestones! Wonder how well they work.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I knew PSers would come up with brilliant ideas! Thanks PT and BigT (and Meresal for the walking the plank image ...
3.gif
). I''m off to research!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Elrohwen - Unfortunately, that happened with my cousin. Beautiful outdoor ceremony. It rained the day before so the grass was still saturated. Her heels definitely dug in ... Not great but the ceremony was still lovely!

PSers are so smart ... great ideas! I''m thinking that maybe they can engineer something for you that will help with the sinking shoe syndrome.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
I found this site, click on locations for places you can buy them:

Heel stoppers

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Liang Chi, it looks like they''re currently only available in the UK, but if I get really desperate I can always order them onine and have them shipped. I''d be really surprised if no one carried these in America though.

tessari

Shiny_Rock
White heels in mud could get quite icky. What about rolling out a carpet, like a red carpet?

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2009 12:40:52 PM
Author: tessari
White heels in mud could get quite icky. What about rolling out a carpet, like a red carpet?
I think finding carpet would be way over budget. I don''t even want an aisle runner unless it''s free!
2.gif

Also, the shoes are dark blue, so they won''t look nearly as bad as white. Plus, if it''s that muddy we''ll probably do it inside because I doubt the guests would want to be out in the mud anyway.

teapot

Shiny_Rock
Ask your venue if they have some astroturf you could use as a "runner" that way your heels don''t sink in.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Elorwhen,

I found this for the U.S!!! Sole Mates

They have a "retail locations" link. Check it out!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
This thread made me laugh. Do you have a pic of the shoes in question?

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Not a silly question, because I''m facing the same problem. lliang, you''re a genius!!!

urseberry

Brilliant_Rock
I wore heels in my outdoor ceremony and definitely sank into the grass. It wasn''t a problem walking up and down the aisle, because I just walked lightly and on my toes. At the end of the aisle and throughout the ceremony, though, I was grateful to stand on the platform my parents constructed the night before out of leaves, staples, and the rubber tub mat from their hotel room.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Liang Chi, you rock! One of the locations is about 1/4 mile from my office
9.gif
I''m going to pick some up this Friday!

Freke, here''s my shoe thread (https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/shoe-help-please.102257/). And I''m glad my thread entertained you
5.gif
I figured with "shoe" in the title you would be stopping by at some point!

Urseberry, I love the ingenuity of your parents! That''s so cool that they made you something to stand on. My family is lacking in that crafty gene
2.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I remember now!!! You are the one who made me lust after those Carmen shoes!!! Gah!!!!! I still want them too...

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, elrohwen! Glad I could help
5.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
lliang - You are a superstar. What a great find!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results