shape
carat
color
clarity

This is so stupid, but can't stop worrying (jewelry related)...send good thoughts please?

girlyglam

Shiny_Rock
I was up visiting my parents two weeks ago and I dropped off my e-ring, wedding band, and RHR to be resized with a jeweler that came highly recommended from a close friend (who is both a customer and friend of the jeweler). I also dropped off a bracelet to be shortened. Since I don't live in the area, he said he would send me my items when they were done. I am now having nightmares about it all getting lost in the mail or that I wrote down my address wrong and it will be sent to the wrong place. I gave him a call today to see if they had been sent out yet, but the connection was awful and we could barely hear one another. I'm going to call him again tomorrow. But in the meantime, I can't stop worrying. It's so stupid, but I am freaking out!

I know it is really a small, petty thing in the grand scheme of things. Even if the worst happens and I lose it all, I know that it's not truly the worst thing that could happen to me (although don't get me wrong - I'd be absolutely devastated). Every day that goes by without my jewelry though makes my anxieties grow. It's so stupid, but I figured it anyone would understand and possibly indulge me, it would be the PS community. I would greatly appreciate any positive vibe that my stuff gets to me safely and soon!

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
You said you dropped them off, so you can get there.

IMO, pick them up as well, so you do not have to deal with mail delivery.

Plus it enables you to see them in person that all changes were made correctly before they leave the store..

Kbell

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Sending positive vibes your way! I agree sending anything of value, real or sentimental, through the mail is nerve wracking! We recently sent my diamond to be set and I had anxiety like crazy till they confirmed it was received even though it's insured... even though tracking said it got there. I don't think your worry is stupid at all! Hopefully things go smoothly and you'll get everything back safely.

girlyglam

Shiny_Rock
You said you dropped them off, so you can get there.

IMO, pick them up as well, so you do not have to deal with mail delivery.

Plus it enables you to see them in person that all changes were made correctly before they leave the store..

I dropped them off while I was visiting my parents, but I live 5 hours away from them and can't get there now (at least not easily or quickly). At this point though, I'm freaking out enough that I would have my parents pick them up for me if they haven't been sent out yet...

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Then I would recommend registered mail. Slow but extremely safe as only one or two people have access to it as it is stored separately in a locked cage, and it has to be signed for every step of the way.

girlyglam

Shiny_Rock
Sending positive vibes your way! I agree sending anything of value, real or sentimental, through the mail is nerve wracking! We recently sent my diamond to be set and I had anxiety like crazy till they confirmed it was received even though it's insured... even though tracking said it got there. I don't think your worry is stupid at all! Hopefully things go smoothly and you'll get everything back safely.

Thanks Kbell! I've had this same anxious feeling when I had to send stones out to be set as well - it's the worst, isn't it? The difference is that when I was sending it out, as nerve wracking as it was, I still felt like I had a tiny element of control. Right now, I feel like I have none! I appreciate the positive vibes!

girlyglam

Shiny_Rock
Then I would recommend registered mail. Slow but extremely safe as only one or two people have access to it as it is stored separately in a locked cage, and it has to be signed for every step of the way.

I've never done registered mail - thank you for the information! I'm hoping I'll feel better after speaking with the jeweler tomorrow (and hoping our phone connection is much better then!)

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have your parents stop by to check the progress. I would pick up in person to check work and work out any issues. If all is OK, it is a win win-you get the ring and your parents get another visit.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results