shape
carat
color
clarity

This is really embarrassing.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
SO watch me post it on the internet.

I need to know where to find crib rails for a big girl bed. I have issues with falling out of the bed, both awake and asleep. I think in thel ast week, 3times. All three awake. I am too lazy to get my butt out of bed to adjust my little fan, or pick up the remote or magazine I have next to the bed...I lean. And subsequently fall on my head. Or arm. Or both....and usually I land on something unpleasant...like the fan. I had a pretty noticeable LOGO in my arm bruise last week. You could actually see the first 5 letters of SUNBEAM. It''s depressing...

But that''s the awake part. I am the most active sleeper of anyone I have heard of shortof a sleepwalker. I don''t do that...but I do talk, laugh, whisper, kick, ride bikes, dance and run. My husband almost died laughing at me the first night he slept with me. He thought I was actually awake. I gave the illusion that I was by actually answering him when he asked if I was ok. "Yea, of course I am, why?".

He doesn''t always come to bed the same time as me (which I like bec it''s harder to fall asleep with a guy who sounds like a foghorn at night). So he''ll hear me come crashing down and do that half cry half laugh thing I do so well. I can''t blame him for nearly keeling over laughing either. I know I would if it were him on the floor.

So...yea. that''s sad.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL! What size bed do you have?

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
probably at the medical supply store, theres one on Manchester, call and ask for prices. Usually the elderly get them and can be put on any bed. My daughter has them on bunk beds. Sorry to hear that you are having this problem. Maybe you are half awake/sleep and don''t realize it. Buy the rails and return them if your not happy
21.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
LOL...Ame, you crack me up! Nighttime sure sounds interesting (and noisy) at your house!
5.gif

Why not get a kid size one to put on the adult size bed? It might be less obtrusive...

1.gif

widget

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
I get a catalog called One Step Ahead, and even though it''s for children''s products, they carry bed rails that are big enough for a queen size bed. Their web site is onestepahead.com and it is item #10353.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
We have the monsterously huge tall kingsize, which aids to the falling out, it''s high up!

Isn''t that sad? My husband is like "people are going to think I beat you" and to that all I can say "not the ones who know me.". My mom couldn''t stop laughing at me.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
LOL ame, you don''t wear you rings to bed, do you?

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
let me guess, your the type that would be the husband beater! ha ha, only JOKING.

PS I''m that type too Ame!

21.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with JB - One step Ahead has them for kids, but it would probably work just fine for you. Maybe try babiesrusor USA BABY. buying from a baby or kids store may be cheaper than a medical supply store.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stretch--NO.

Date: 9/14/2005 6:59:11 PM
Author: yellowfan
let me guess, your the type that would be the husband beater! ha ha, only JOKING.

PS I'm that type too Ame!

21.gif

Smack him around from time to time ;-) hehe

Ill check out the babies R us.

Thank you.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
My neice had one for quite awhile after she moved to her big girl bed. Don''t know where its from.. try like babies r us or something?
Now.. has this falling out of bed thing only happened since you''ve been MARRIED? Perhaps you''re trying to get away.
3.gif
Just kidding, of course. :)

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
JCPenney catalog has them

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you tried putting your bed in the corner and being the one next to the wall?

Deb

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2005 12:45:17 AM
Author: AGBF

Have you tried putting your bed in the corner and being the one next to the wall?

Deb

I think this is a great idea Ame!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is a whole other can of worms. That would allow spiders to crawl into the bed. Can''t have that.

And the falling out has been a problem forever. I used to have a loft bed. That there...not fun.

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
ok, you posted something embarrassing so I''ll see your embarrassing and raise you one "crazy" - a few times a year I go through some kind of weird thing where I have to sleep as close to the floor as possible. I just have a crazy urge to be low to the ground that will keep me from sleeping if not met. During those times we either put the matress on the floor (sometimes I fill up an area with matresses to make one big padded room
3.gif
) or I sleep outside on the deck of my parent''s house. The yard at our new rental is huge and I already warned BF that we''ll be camping out when the weather allows. and I live in NY so my life expectancy may be less than most, sleeping in the yard like that
3.gif

go for the rails before you break some bones!!!!!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/15/2005 6:49:01 PM
Author: ame
That is a whole other can of worms. That would allow spiders to crawl into the bed. Can''t have that.

ame,

I am phobic about spiders. If you have a problem with them in a room, deal with it rather than fearing to put a bed against wall! Do you have a problem with spiders or do you just have some idea that the corner is dangerous? Besides the possibility of an exterminator doing a perimeter treatment to keep them out, you can have the corners of the ceilng "painted". Since I think the bed in the corner is a good idea, I don''t mind dealing with your "can of worms" if dealing with that would allow a bed against the wall to fix the falling out!

Deb

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results