shape
carat
color
clarity

This girl is over the moon!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Holy cow ladies - FI suprised me this weekend by PROPOSING ALL OVER AGAIN only this time he presented me with my DREAM RING! I am still in shock - completely blown away and over the moon!!

Story
As many of you may remember, about a month ago FI presented me with a very lovely art deco diamond ring. I loved this ring instantly and started making plans to have a custom wedding band made to look like tiny leaves on either side of the diamond clusters as they reminded me of sunflowers. When he presented the ring to me, FI told me this was not my true engagement ring and that some day I would get my dream ring. I felt that someday meant a good 5 or 6 years down the road and was completely content with my art deco ring.

We spent Saturaday morning apart - he ran various errands and I took our dog out for a day of play with some of her favorite friends (actually two fellow PSers and their pups TBerube and NewEnglandLady). What I did not know was that TB and NEL knew that my FI was out and about picking up my real engagement ring - I don''t know how they kept it a secret at all! So I arrived home, both FI and I were in great moods and he suggested we have a nice dinner out. I was up for a prepared meal as the puppy had tired me out at the park.

We had a wonderful dinner and returned home. I hopped onto the computer to see if my dad was on-line (he is in Saudi Arabia and I try to skype with him as often as possible). My FI came into the office and asked to see my engagement ring - I happily passed it over to him and continued to upload a video from the doggy park to share with my dad. FI returned to the office and got down on one knee. I was wondering what he was doing but he started to tell me that he doesn''t tell me nearly enough how much he loves me and how much I mean to him. I started giggling thinking he was being silly and I told him I loved him too. He then asked if I would do him the honor of being his wife - I was getting a little misty eyed but still thinking he was goofing around - so I told him of course I would. He then presented me with the box my art deco ring had come in and said "okay, now you pretend to be surprised" so I, in a very over the top voice began to say "ohmygoodness it is..." and I opened the box which did NOT contain my art deco ring but did contain my extact dream ring. I couldn''t say anything but "ohmygod ohmygod ohmygod". I was soooo surprised!!

The best part was almost immediately after our mini celebration my father logged into skype and I was able to tell him the whole story. He was beaming!!

So, onto the tech stuff:

Center stone: Asscher cut .90, VS1, G color
Side stones: 2 ECs, tcw .48, VS1, G color
Side stones: 12 channel set princess cuts, tcw. .43, VS1, G color
Surprise stones: two RB''s tcw 04.
Antique filligree.

Total weight of ring: 1.85 cts.

Now for some photos...

Breoskiringprofile.jpg

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
On my ever slowly blooming rose bush...

Breoskiring1.jpg

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Hand shot...

Breoskiring2.jpg

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Please excuse how dirty this is - it had been passed around quite a bit and I didn''t think to clean it first - whoops!

Thanks for looking!!

Breoskiring4.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
What an amazing story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Your story made me teary, KTF! Congratulations, again -- wear your ring in good health!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
What a stunning ring!
30.gif
And I love how you included your dad in your story! Happy Father''s day!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
What a wonderful story and beautiful ring! Congratulations!

Bjedifish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Awww!! YAY!! What a wonderful story and a beautiful ring!!!
36.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Such a cute story, and that ring is a stunner!!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful Story, and love the ring!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Amazing ring and story!!! Congrats!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
That is just soooooo sweet!!!!! I am so happy for you! Beautiful ring and what a lovely second proposal!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
It is an absolutely beautiful ring for an absolutely beautiful woman and I am over the moon for you that G made it so special and that it was a surprise--I feel like it''s so rare to get such wonderful surprises like that and they are to be relished!! I''m so excited for you!

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone! I am so excited you might think I haven''t been engaged for a year with almost my entire wedding planned! Tomorrow I am meeting my mother to do some shower and wedding planning and I am so excited to share the story with her.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
what a wonderful story and what a sweet FI you have!
woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!

lilmissrugger

Shiny_Rock
Oh-- what a sweet story!!! I love it!

Congrats!
36.gif

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
That is so sweet! And what a ring!!!

NicaK

Rough_Rock
Trade
What a beautiful ring and a super sweet proposal. FI did a great job!

CristinaRuns26.2

Rough_Rock
Congratulations! How awesome is that?! What a great story, and your ring is beautiful!
30.gif
Wear it in good health.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
HOW AWESOME IS THIS?!?!? Another proposal with the dream ring!!!!!!!! EEEEEK! I''m so excited for you ktf. You so greatly deserve it. The ring is stunningly gorgeous. A BIG congrats to you again!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
WOOOOWZERS!

What an awesome FI you have! So sweet.

And holy moly, that''s a stunner of a ring.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
OMG KTF!! That''s a stunner! I''m so happy you got your dream ring, and way before expected! It''s gorgeous!
30.gif

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Awwww, i so would have cried! That so sweet and the ring is to die for!
30.gif

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
OMG - I have been waiting sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long for this thread!!! GAH!

KTF, he did an exceptional job and I can''t think of any gal more deserving of such a great surprise. I can''t wait to see it in person! I sense s MASSIVE photo shoot coming on.......if it ever stops raining!

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
congratulations a second time over!
your FI sure does seem to like getting you lovely, shiny things to wear, and he did a wonderful job with the re-proposal.
hooray!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Just beautiful!

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
How awesome! Congrats! :)

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Oh, sweetie!!!!! That is absolutely wonderful!!!!!!! I love that he told you to act surprised, heheh! Your ring is utterly beautiful, honey--I am so, so happy for you. You have such a sweetheart.
5.gif
9.gif
YAY!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results