shape
carat
color
clarity

This bedskirt too girly?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Anyone think this is too girly? I don't want girly. It's going with a light baby blue toile bedspread which is bordering on girly...but I have very heavy and dark manly furniture (Louis Philippe style so it looks good together) I was going to do beige sheets too. I have blue silk drapes coming and it's going with a rug I got that has earth tones...

The rug will be right next to the skirt which is insanely expensive so I shouldn;t get it for that reason alone.... Is it really girly?

jutebedskirt.jpg

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
This blue skirt is plan B. I think this may be more girly? I actually bought this already. It's a CRAZY price of $125.00 online and I bought the exact skirt from HomeGoods...well, actually, they didn't have a king so I bought two queens and am going to sew two together to make a king. Cost me $45.00 for both...not bad! I found the bedspread (part of the same collection) at home goods too! Love that place

I was going to do the jute skirt and beige drapes...but the room looks washed out.
So I def. have blue drapes.

Any input?

blueskirt.jpg

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Since I'm on a spending spree...(if Jennifer reads this, I'm dead...because I'm always spending money on my place while telling her I look like a homeless lady ... and almost diamond-less
23.gif
)....But I think I want this chair. Just thought I'd share.

it's from P.B. Who knew! I really didn't like a lot of their stuff, but they keep coming out with some great pieces!

plantation.jpg

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Here's the rug the bedskirt will be next to. Actually, in the picture, the colors look similar, no?

rug.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i don''t think the jute box pleat looks too girly, at all. box pleats arent'' girly, ruffles are girly!
love the chair.
do it do it do it
11.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
gosh i like that rug!
3.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
11.gif
LOL "do it do it do it".... Oh, it''s already ''done''! (Just deciding which chair to get)....

The rug is really pretty, thanks! Actually, it''s sitting with me at the office, haven''t brought it home...just....yet. Hubby is going to Puerto Rico in June...so when he comes back...LOL

I''m really so bad! There is a tiny little drip below our kitchen sink...so I convinced hubby that we had to have a new sink and faucet...

Geez, no wonder I look like a fat old homeless person...I''ve got no money left for anything other than boxes and hefty bags!
9.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
And this would look good in the bedroom LOL
Those are two together...I'd get one for the corner

But I don't have a death wish today....

I saw it on Horchow for $400.00 (b*astards) and Neiman Marcus.com for $199.00. SO, you know it's really worth $50.00 LOL.. so I'm hunting for it online for cheaper.....it's SO small and cute. But I think it would turn into a scratching post

corner.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Love that chair!! Where is it from/manufacturer? I agree with Belle--ruffles, lace, chiffon, powerpuff girls motif, and too much islet is "girly"--but the first one is tasteful/elegant.

cheers--Sharon

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Thanks! I think I''ll return the blue strip of keep it as a back up...for $20 bucks each, can''t beat it.

And b/c I don''t feel like working, check out this website...keep in mind I live in NEW YORK! LOL

This blue bedroom is amazing. I have picture molding just like that...makes me want to paint my room blue and do the same thing... But then I''d need a different bed spread LOL
11.gif
11.gif
11.gif
11.gif
11.gif
11.gif
11.gif
11.gif
11.gif

http://www.bjdroubi.com/2941Harrison.html

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm really so bad! There is a tiny little drip below our kitchen sink...so I convinced hubby that we had to have a new sink and faucet...
you are not soooo bad!!
of course if there is a drip, you need a new sink and faucet! no doubt.
however, if you engineered the drip, then it becomes premeditated and you are BAD!!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
LOL- hubby actually made a joke and asked if I was under there in the middle of the night with a little wrench and flashlight making the pipes loose ! I''m not THAT bad...yet.
9.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
so do you have room in your office to stash the chairs too? i looove the corner chair.....purrrrfect!
2.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
This top bed skirt doesn't look girly AT ALL! I'm very much into girly stuff for bedroom (poor husband is always stuck sleeping on flowery sheets
9.gif
) and this picture shows a more boxy style of pleating. . .very guy friendly.

ETA - I cannot believe you haven't taken your rug home yet. Can't you tell your husband you won it in a contest??? lol

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
ROTF....
1.gif
The Great Rug Give Away of 2005? LOLOL!!!

I''ll fess up...I always do, I feel too guilty to lie about it!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
well....you did *win* it......

....in an auction....on ebay......
2.gif

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
I love the first bedskirt, not girly whatsoever, and it picks up the hues in the rug fantastically. Love that rug.

I adore toile...we have blue toile curtains in our living room. My husband hated the sample I showed him- he drives me nuts since he never comes up with any ideas of his own, yet is very persnickety, and loves to shoot holes in my ideas. I told him, and made him sign a note stating, that he had 4 weeks to come up with his own candidates, and if he didn''t deliver, then I could do whatever the heck I wanted. No big surprise, we still had no window coverings after 4 weeks. In 2 weeks we had roman shades and toile draperies, he LOVES THEM. I don''t know why I bother consulting him about this stuff. :)

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
LOVE it too! Sometimes I try to tell myself that I"m sick of it...but I always so back to it!
I especially love my bedspread which is very muted so that you can't quite see what's going on... Actually, I have blue toile drapes in the bedroom now! I'm going to save them for sure! I got mine at countrycurtains.com..they are the blue toile...and they have toile roman shades too which I love. I bet yours look great!!! Thanks for the compliments on the bedskirt...I'm going to buy it right now...yippee! LOL- my hubby doesn't have much say but then again, he doesn't care... when he does put his 2 cents in, I tell him the same thing..then YOU pick...which he never does :)

And LOL Belle- that IS true!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
And there stuff is on this site too...

Here is the bedspread except mine is blue...they want $305.00 for it. PULEEZE. I got it for $29.99 at Home Goods. I also got the throw for $24.00 and the duvet cover (for my own twin blanket b/c I don't share) was about $25.00 too. This is robbery!

I think that pairing it with the taupe and beige will add a touch of a more modern and masculine look! Cool! Thanks gals!

http://www.rightathomelinens.com/05_hilde.htm

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
MMM - did you actually order that chair from PB yet? I'm just curious as to how well their finish holds up for you. . .my husband's younger cousin nannies during the summer and the family she works for bought all PB furniture and said that there's knicks all over the place after less than a years worth of regular wear and tear. . .

Also, I bought a coat rack and two shelves from PBKids and the red paint chipped off right away and left everything looking very crappy.

I love their stuff, but only buy little things like rugs and pictures.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Didn''t buy it yet...was going to do it later today...interesting that you say that...I was in the store and looked at a bed in the same finish and noticed some chips...but then again, no one''s going to use it other than my cats ... all my stuff has claw marks... thank god for varnish pens! Either wood scratches or cat hair. I can''t win. I LOVE my babies, but I''ll never get pets again.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
seriously....those colors are just perfect! i love where you''re going with this project
36.gif

we must have pics when you''re done!!

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
MMM....you have great taste! *love* the linen pleated bedskirt! Love the corner chairs. Love the PB chair. I don''t think the linen looks girlie at all! It is a nice, crisp, clean look. Definitely prefer the linen over the stripes. Looks like it''s going to be devine & calming. What more can you ask for?
2.gif
Can''t wait to see final pictures. Don''t forget to pay attention to the lighting...whether it be lamps or overhead! It can make or break a room.....

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Get the first one. It''s beautiful. I love the beige pleats...nice blend of girl/guy!

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
Hi moremoremore,

Interior design is what I love, what my degree is in and what I love to help others with. I worked in residential design for two years, now I am the marketing coordinator for a large Construction Manager in Texas, but I still dabble and I am the financial officer for ASID in the city where I live (now you have my credentials).

Let me reassure your original choice by telling you the box pleat bedskirt emotes a very masculine feel, especially when coupled with other textures, like boucle or nubby chenille.

Toile, however, is typically a very feminine fabric pattern, usually paired with matte lasse or floral patterns.
It really does, however, depend on the toile pattern- I have seen patterns from war themes to egyptians riding camels all the way to delicate little girls riding in hot air balloons above swirling clouds. What are you looking into?

My bedroom was originally garnet and ivory toile (colonial/federal theme) with combinations of ivory and garnet matte lasse and a vintage floral. Here are some pictures. (in a few e-mails- I can''t figure how to attach multiple images)

Detail of Toile.JPG

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
That was the toile detail. Here are a few detailing a duvet cover I had made with garnet matte lasse and a vintage floral, the paisley companion fabric I used to cover my vanity bench and desk stool, accent pillows, etc.
(I had all of this as my bedding from 2000-2003 now my room is camel hued ultrasude and dupioni silk- I change bedding every few years because I get bored)
2.gif

Toile Bedskirt Panels.JPG

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
that last picture also shows the bedskirt panels. I had them made as panels so I could put them on another sized bed later, if I wanted. Now, instead of lining a queen bed, they line a day bed at my BF mothers home.
This is a detail of the duvet cover.

Reversable Toile & Matte Lasse Duvet.JPG

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
here is the companion paisley fabric and accent pillow pictures

Paisley Toile Fabric for Accent Pillow.JPG

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
1.gif

Chenille and Suede Accent Pillows.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results