shape
carat
color
clarity

Thinking of this cushion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pjsallday

Rough_Rock
I was wondering what you guys thought of this rock. I want to order it. It is just off the very good cut list because it''s lw ratio is 1.16(1.15 is the cut off). It looks great on paper and has a great price. I am wondering what the shine/fire will be like. I was wondering if anyone could let me know as much as they could without of course seeing the rock. It just seems weird that it is only 1.03 ct and the dimensions are 6.9x5.93x3.98. I have seen 1.5''s with the same dimensions. The only explanation that I have is that there is a thin facet and the crown possibly has low angles. Thanks for your input all. I love this forum by the way.

GIA2105465241.jpeg

pjsallday

Rough_Rock
I was thinking that the table being 65 would be too much. That large of table seems to be frowned on here from what I have read. This is what I am going off of so you don''t think I am pulling this out of nowhere. http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/E-VS1-Ideal-Cut-Cushion-Diamond-1186020.asp

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/17/2009 12:28:42 AM
Author: pjsallday
I was thinking that the table being 65 would be too much. That large of table seems to be frowned on here from what I have read. This is what I am going off of so you don't think I am pulling this out of nowhere. http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/E-VS1-Ideal-Cut-Cushion-Diamond-1186020.asp
The table is fine and the cushion looks promising, ask JA for an Idealscope image for this diamond, that would help and some more photos. I think the measurements are actually 6.30 X 5.48 if you check.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2009 4:40:58 AM
Author: Lorelei

I was thinking that the table being 65 would be too much. That large of table seems to be frowned on here from what I have read. This is what I am going off of so you don''t think I am pulling this out of nowhere. http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/E-VS1-Ideal-Cut-Cushion-Diamond-1186020.asp

The table is fine and the cushion looks promising, ask JA for an Idealscope image for this diamond, that would help and some more photos. I think the measurements are actually 6.30 X 5.48 if you check.

They are two different diamonds.

PJ- There is nothing we can tell you about the first cushion without images of some sort.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/17/2009 5:57:16 AM
Author: neatfreak

Date: 2/17/2009 4:40:58 AM
Author: Lorelei

They are two different diamonds.

PJ- There is nothing we can tell you about the first cushion without images of some sort.
Thanks Neat, ok them my comments apply to the .92. And ditto we still need images.

pjsallday

Rough_Rock
Ok I will order it and post some pics to see what you guys think. Is it worth it to get an independent appraiser to look at the diamond after I get it from blue nile($65)?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2009 9:51:16 AM
Ok I will order it and post some pics to see what you guys think. Is it worth it to get an independent appraiser to look at the diamond after I get it from blue nile($65)?

It depends on the appraiser. What are you getting for your $65?

pjsallday

Rough_Rock
He will verify the stone matches the report and give me a retail value of the stone. I got his name from this site. Should I ask him for more and what should I ask him for? Thanks for your help.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/17/2009 9:51:16 AM
Unfortunately with the diamond from Blue Nile, it won''t be possible to get pics as they don''t provide them. So no way to know how it looks without....

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2009 11:33:11 AM
He will verify the stone matches the report and give me a retail value of the stone. I got his name from this site. Should I ask him for more and what should I ask him for? Thanks for your help.

Personally for me it wouldn''t be worth it. I would only get an appraisal if it is an appraiser that can provide light return information (like an ASET) or something else that adds important information. You already know the retail value because it''s what you paid and the certificate will tell you the info about it. IMO when buying from a reputable vendor it''s not really worth it to just make sure the stone matches, but for others they need that peace of mind.

pjsallday

Rough_Rock
Ok sounds good. I have asked them for a sarin report on the diamond because of its seemingly over sized dimensions for its weight. With a sarin report and the information it brings to the table, is there a way to simulate the way it will look with diamcalc or anything like that for the light return?

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Unfortunately no- there are so many variables- which is why it's so strongly recommended to get a photo prior to purchasing. It could be a very nicve diamond. Personally, I feel that charts that call a 1.15:1 better than a 1.16:1 completely overlook the fact that a person's taste really comes into play....

pjsallday

Rough_Rock
neatfreak I gave mike a call to see what they can do for me. I told him the item number on blue nile and he said that he was going to look into it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results