shape
carat
color
clarity

Thinking about wedding jewelry....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
...well, besides the engagement ring and wedding band
2.gif

I''m looking for a pendant and earrings set. Soemthing sparklie that I will want to wear many times after the wedding :) Since I won''t be able to afford a quality diamond set by August, I''ve started considering Swarovski as a compromise between buying a diamond product and buying czs. Plus, Swarovski crystals can be found aplenty on Ebay for a lot cheaper than the website. Has anyone used or will use certified Swarovski jewelry on thier wedding day (or any day for that matter!)? If so, can you comment on it''s sparkly factor? And even....did they look like diamonds?

basil

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve never used Swarovski crystals personally, but since I know you''re a hard cord DIY-er, I thought I''d point you to this site http://www.firemountaingems.com/

They carry swarovski crystal beads in any imaginable size and color, as well as all the findings, etc to put them on. They also have swarovski pearls and a huge assortment of semi-precious stones too. I dunno how their prices compare to ebay, though.

krockie

Shiny_Rock
I''ve just started looking for wedding jewelry and spent some major time yesterday combing through the Metropolitan Museum of Art''s online jewelry shop. They have beautiful reproduction pieces that are just so unique and stunning. These are my favorites so far:

http://www.metmuseum.org/store/st_family_viewer.asp/familyID/%7B4E2D01A8-7078-4B4D-BD38-B086D9211803%7D/catID/%7B2864B336-537A-4AD5-9686-C17551701A0A%7D

Sorry for the HUGE link!

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, Krockie...those are hot!! I havn''t decided for sure yet, but a bit of green in my earrings would be so great :) (I have dark green eyes and everyone thinks they''re brown until they are next to something green
20.gif
9.gif
) But we''ll see.

Basil: Thank you for the link :) I''ll check it out. But I don''t know how much DIY a woman can handle lol. I don''t really like beaded-type styles tho.......I wonder if one can make pieces like the earrings Krockie proposed??? I think I much prefer the crystals-fashioned-to-seem-diamond-esque look better
31.gif

Here are some double solitaires I saw on S''s website and then on ebay for $10 cheaper.......I might grab them just for the heck of it as they are affordable and if they turn out to be nice then, well, I know a good source for non-cz sparklies :)

ETA: I just bought these off of ebay and I really want the matching necklace how but know myself in that I won''t wear a fake-y LOOKING pendant but earrings.......eh.....not so much lol. I hope they look nice :)

Let me know if these would be too simple for weddign earrings. I may have my hair half down so my ears may actuallly not show that much.......hmm....thoughts?

dbl sol swarovskis.jpg

basil

Brilliant_Rock
I think those will look really nice!

I don''t remember what your dress is like, but especially if it has some detail in the bodice and you have a lot of hair showing, then I think you don''t want a big heavy earring anyway.

I can sympathize with the green/brown eye thing though. If I wear olive, I get compliments on my green eyes. Anything else and they''re yellow-brown.

Krockie - those are really pretty! but expensive for silver-plate and crystals, no?

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
What? Another chance to post my wedding dress pic??? Bummer!!!
31.gif
The entire dress has an organza overlay that has been sprinkled with swarvoski crystals and along the neckline there is a larger smattering of them :)

piafrontmaggie131.jpg

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
But I REALLY love this look, too..............no necklace, similar neckline, hair softly fashioned and off the shoulders, and beautiful dangly earrings...........

the overal look im going for.jpg

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Ah, now I remember your dress! It''s really pretty!

Since your dress has the crystals, I wouldn''t think you need too much jewelery or too huge or anything. You could definitely do a) larger dangly earrings and no necklace (esp with the concentration of crystals around the top of the bodice, it doesn''t scream that it needs a necklace), or b) the ones you posted and a small delicate choker-type necklace or pendant. I think either would be really pretty!

I''m pretty conservative when it comes to jewelry, though. My everyday look is tiny tiny diamond studs (1/8 carat each), my engagement ring, and a cape cod bracelet. So I know some people like to wear more and blingy-er pieces, so take that into account when considering my opinion
1.gif

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for your suggestions :) I actually do not like the look of the quite decorative necklace pictured in the Maggie photo so I think we''re on the same page. Plus, I feel like my chest area is too short......hence why I love the minimal sweatheart necklines so much. So the Maggie necklace would shorten me I think. It''s too much. In contrast, the matching necklace to those Swarovski earrings I just bought would be a simple double solitarire drop sort of thing so I think that would look very nice while elongating my short chest a bit. Or I could omit them all together because, you''re right, my dress'' neckline is already decorated.

I can''t wait to see all of this come together! I wear my hair in a bun most days so I''m sort of not that excited about the hair-up look but then again, I never do a blow out first and then curl it and then..........you get the idea. Often, I can''t even be expected to dry my hair before putting it up lol. I guess that''s why we have trials :)

That reminds me....anyone know where I can find a single or double tier organza veil?? I''d love to pick up on the organza in my dress and in the BM dresses as well.

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, I was going to say the same thing about the Maggie pic. I think the necklace, big earrings, and tiara is way too much for that dress (and why the heck is she holding a huge feather in her hand?)

I think a pendant like the earrings you posted on a really thin chain would look quite nice. Positioned right near the hollow of your collarbone to highlight that area.

I''m guilty of putting my hair into a banana clip wet most days too. Most people are shocked when they see my hair down, cause it''s pretty long and I don''t wear it that way often. But I''m more comfortable with my hair up - I just don''t trust it to behave down, no matter what a stylist does to it!

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
I like those earrings! They are pretty. I think you'd be fine w/those and the sparkles on your dress. They will complement each other!
I probably will keep my jewelry minimal too since that is how I am most days so it would feel weird to do things different on my wedding day when everyone is staring at me. Probably some sort of sparkly or pearl earrings and that's it for me! And something sparkly for the hair too!!

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
Check out robertachiarella.com- beautiful jewelry.

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/27/2007 2:18:30 PM
Author: So_happy
But I REALLY love this look, too..............no necklace, similar neckline, hair softly fashioned and off the shoulders, and beautiful dangly earrings...........

I am a really big fan of the dangly earrings, no necklace look with a dress that is already embelished. And since you already have lovely sparkles around your neck, I think that just the earrings would be plenty-- or the simple pendant like you were saying sounds pretty too!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Personally I love pearls as they make your skin look good and they photograph well. Diamonds (real or otherwise) are just a bit too sparkly for my tastes for a wedding.

I''m thinking of having a pearl necklace and drop pearl earrings. I would like to have green stones at the top of the earrings and possibly a drop pendant on the pearls to tie in with my e-ring.

I bought a ring with two pear shaped chrome diopsides the other day on ebay that I plan to turn into earrings.

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
I think pearls are magnificent. Thier coloring, thier feel, and thier luminescence for sure. I just don''t care for them on my person. I think it''s their spherical shape and how they sit on one''s neck or wrist or ear with an unflattened base. Just seems too 3-D or something
9.gif
. It''s difficult for me to explain. I do, however, love the look of diamond and pearl drop earrings
30.gif
. I guess because, then, the diamond is what''s attached to your ear and the pearl is just hanging.

I''m odd.
31.gif
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results