shape
carat
color
clarity

Think I found my dress...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

GoingCrazy29

Shiny_Rock
Sorry I haven''t been posting as much as I''ve wanted- my FI and I are moving to PA at the end of the month, so I''m trying to get as much done as possible before we leave! Anyway, I think I found my dress! I want some opinions, I am going to try it on again on Thursday to make the final decision. I love the belt- the skirt is fuller than I thought I would choose, but I really do like it! Do you think its flattering? I didn''t find any other dress that even came close!

belt dress77.jpg

GoingCrazy29

Shiny_Rock

belt close up66.jpg

GoingCrazy29

Shiny_Rock
last one...

closeup33.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that''s beautiful! i love the belt - can we see the back???

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Indeed I think you have
30.gif
it looks stunning on you. Very pretty. It''s as though it was made for your body.

GoingCrazy29

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 10:58:21 PM
Author: violet3
Unfortunatly it was too small on me so they had to totally clip the back together. It just has buttons down to the butt area and then they stop. The back is fairly plain, but I insisted on buttons.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/9/2009 11:12:07 PM
Author: GoingCrazy29

Date: 2/9/2009 10:58:21 PM
Author: violet3
Unfortunatly it was too small on me so they had to totally clip the back together. It just has buttons down to the butt area and then they stop. The back is fairly plain, but I insisted on buttons.
Oh i hear ya lady! I have an entire SERIES of photos that are only from the front...in fact, in some of them, you can''t even see the teeny tiny lady standing behind me holding them up
9.gif
(which is completely true BTW)

i don''t need to see the back anyway - i love it!!!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
It''s a gorgeous dress. If you are thinking the skirt is too boofy, then you can always take out some of the tulle.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/9/2009 11:42:47 PM
Author: honey22
It's a gorgeous dress. If you are thinking the skirt is too boofy, then you can always take out some of the tulle.
This is a good point, although i don't think this one's too poofy...but you might prefer a little more streamlined. I did try on a beautiful dress that had three crinolines underneath and i was considering de-crinoline-ing it.

Oh, p.s. i know you said the back was kind of plain....but i really think that belt makes that dress - nothing plain about it!

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
I think it''s great. Really romantic. Great job!
36.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks lovely on you!!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I love it!!!!
emlove.gif

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
It''s lovely!

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
Looks very nice on. I love the belt too. :)

natalina

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty. Makes you look like your legs are a million miles long (which is ALWAYS a good thing!!)!

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
If a full princess-like dress is what you want, then you''ve found your dress! It looks wonderful on you!

GoingCrazy29

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 11:42:29 AM
Author: BeachRunner
If a full princess-like dress is what you want, then you''ve found your dress! It looks wonderful on you!
See, thats the thing- I wasn''t really looking for a full on princess dress at all. However all of the dresses that I tried on that were the style I thought I liked looked terrible and unflattering on me. This was the only one I really liked, and I think the fuller skirt makes my waist look smaller. I didn''t want to be too princessy at all. I think I justified it because even though there is a fuller skirt the only sparkle is on the modern belt, which I thought made it less pincessy without a corseted top and no beading on the dress.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 11:52:53 AM

See, thats the thing- I wasn''t really looking for a full on princess dress at all. However all of the dresses that I tried on that were the style I thought I liked looked terrible and unflattering on me. This was the only one I really liked, and I think the fuller skirt makes my waist look smaller. I didn''t want to be too princessy at all. I think I justified it because even though there is a fuller skirt the only sparkle is on the modern belt, which I thought made it less pincessy without a corseted top and no beading on the dress.

Do you LOVE this dress? It''s a full dress. Have you tried one a more simpler a-line without the pick-ups?

GoingCrazy29

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 12:09:31 PM

Date: 2/10/2009 11:52:53 AM

Do you LOVE this dress? It''s a full dress. Have you tried one a more simpler a-line without the pick-ups?
I''m not 100% sure if I LOVE it yet, thats why I''m going to go back and try it on again later this week. I really really like it, but it was the 3rd dress that I tried on and then the rest that I tried on the rest of the day didn''t even compare to it. It definitly was the one that made me feel the best all day, all of the others just weren''t as flattering at all. I did try on quite a few just simple a-lines because that is what I thought I would want, but I feel like maybe the fuller skirt balances my bigger waist and larger ta-tas or something. I tried on tons of dresses after this one, and like I said, nothing even came close. Hopefully when I try it on again I will know for sure, I just wanted to get some of your opinions. Thank you!!
1.gif

Bex215

Rough_Rock
OOOOH! Very pretty! This looks pretty similar to a dress that I tried on and keep going back to. Do you mind if I ask the designer?

GoingCrazy29

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 2:08:45 PM
Author: Bex215
OOOOH! Very pretty! This looks pretty similar to a dress that I tried on and keep going back to. Do you mind if I ask the designer?
Its a Mori Lee dress. The bridal store had the belt sold separatly, so we added it to it. The belt makes it for me, I wouldn''t buy it without it!
1.gif

Bex215

Rough_Rock
I agree that the belt makes the dress. The style is very flattering though. I tried on a dress, Aberdeen and its by Blue by Enzoani...same kind of rouching style up top, sweetheart neckline and some sparklies, but the skirt is much less full. Maybe it would be something you would like too?

Aberdeen

Idealistic

Shiny_Rock
beautiful dress!
36.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
It looks gorgeous on you!!
30.gif

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
My vote is for the second one. I love it!

ETA: Aack! Posted in the wrong thread. Meant to do so in your Casablanca thread.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
This dress looks great on you! It''s very pretty.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Sorry, wrong thread!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results