shape
carat
color
clarity

Things you didn''t know before baby

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2009 5:51:16 PM
Author: lili

Date: 11/10/2009 5:47:55 PM
Author: TravelingGal

The baby blues...truly scary.

I have two friends right now who are preggers. One with triplets and her sister with twins. They are so uncomfortable being pregnant, they want it to be over. The one with twins did note that she heard from someone it''s easier with the babies inside than out. I nodded. She said, ''Yeah, I know it will be hard.''

I thought to myself...no, you don''t know. And there''s nothing I can do to make you understand how hard it''s going to be.

15.gif

threadjack...
wow TGal, just realized that your friend''s mom will have 5 grandchildren w/in a year
23.gif
Try within TWO months! Twins are due first week of Jan, but will probably be here end of Dec. Triplets are due in March, but will most likely come sometime in Jan, hopefully Feb.

I swear, I lose sleep over what''s to come for this family. Add to that I heard today that the triplet''s father wants to plan a Vegas trip with the boys for new year''s. I''m like, WHAT??! She''ll be at 30 weeks by then. And most trips are born somewhere between 28 and 32 weeks.

And I WILL be losing sleep when they come home from NICU because she is taking me up on my offer to go over there for 2 nights a week to give her a break. I''m actually getting nervous because I don''t remember how to handle a newborn, let alone THREE! And I''ve never dealt with a penis before!! (in diapers, I mean!)

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2009 5:59:45 PM
And I WILL be losing sleep when they come home from NICU because she is taking me up on my offer to go over there for 2 nights a week to give her a break. I''m actually getting nervous because I don''t remember how to handle a newborn, let alone THREE! And I''ve never dealt with a penis before!! (in diapers, I mean!)

Oh TGal, LOL! That gave me a good giggle.

I hope all those little ones come safely and healthy. And her DH is a doofus if he thinks she will even be moving from the couch when she''s huge at 30 weeks! It''s amazing how the guy just does not get how hard it is to carry an extra human being in your belly. Thank God my husband is nice lol.

I''m worried now about the baby blues. As far as I know, none of my friends had this problem, but it seems to be pretty common. Is it something you just have to let die out?

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
The hormones hit me to. I didn''t cry the entire pregnancy, no mood swings, nothing. Then boom, baby was born any ANYTHING would set me off. DH brought me a rose from the hospital gift store, which resulted in me balling in front of MIL, FIL, BIL, and my parents. The waterworks lasted about 2 weeks for me, I didn''t feel depressed, but I think I had more liquid come out my eyes than anywhere else!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I didn''t realize caring for a baby would be both the hardest and the most amazing thing I have done.

I didn''t know DH and I would end up talking about poop, gas, and other bodily functions on an almost daily basis.

I didn''t know I would go through a bottle of stain remover every 3-4 weeks.

I didn''t know how bad the sleep deprivation would get. For the first few months, DD would only sleep when held.

I didn''t know I would love this tiny creature so deeply and fiercely that I would die or kill to protect her if necessary.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
That babies are ther loudest sleepers ever! Snorting and snuffing and snoring and moaning and grunting! All while asleep
38.gif
And they are fine when it is going on. I worried a lot at first until I figured that one out, we thought he had a cold or somthing! Nope, just didn''t know how to poop yet!
3.gif

This is why cosleeping didn''t work for us and he was in his own crib at 4 weeks, even though we planned to have him in our room for 6 months.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/11/2009 10:05:40 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
That babies are ther loudest sleepers ever! Snorting and snuffing and snoring and moaning and grunting! All while asleep
38.gif
And they are fine when it is going on. I worried a lot at first until I figured that one out, we thought he had a cold or somthing! Nope, just didn''t know how to poop yet!
3.gif

This is why cosleeping didn''t work for us and he was in his own crib at 4 weeks, even though we planned to have him in our room for 6 months.
I had the opposite - Daisy is silent to the point that I''m forever checking her heartbeat even when she''s lying next to me!

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
Kyle was just like Hunter DD, he made sooo much noise in his sleep, it was always waking me up! I also moved him into his own room at 5 weeks and slept much better after that.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Amelia is a quiet sleeper. I still punted her out!
11.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Try within TWO months! Twins are due first week of Jan, but will probably be here end of Dec. Triplets are due in March, but will most likely come sometime in Jan, hopefully Feb.

I swear, I lose sleep over what''s to come for this family. Add to that I heard today that the triplet''s father wants to plan a Vegas trip with the boys for new year''s. I''m like, WHAT??! She''ll be at 30 weeks by then. And most trips are born somewhere between 28 and 32 weeks.

LOL!!! Just point the little peeny down into the diaper - and make sure to throw a baby wipe over the stinkers when you first take the diaper off, lest you end up like me with my nephew!
3.gif

annointed.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2009 5:37:31 PM

I didn''t know what maternal love really felt like and that it could bring you to your knees in tears.

Amen sister! I always knew I would love my child but it is impossible to *really* know until you become a mom. Sometimes I feel like my heart is going to combust.

Don''t really have much to add. I didn''t know that it was normal not to like your kid for a few weeks/months. Love is instant, like not always. Haha. I didn''t know how nothing else matters (no showers, not even getting dressed, hot food, no sleep, no "me" time, etc) except my child''s health and happiness. Being a mom is trial and error. I know I have made mistakes and it doesn''t matter. I am learning as I go. The pay sucks, the hours are long but the benefits are priceless.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2009 2:55:04 PM
Author: geckodani
LOL!!! Just point the little peeny down into the diaper - and make sure to throw a baby wipe over the stinkers when you first take the diaper off, lest you end up like me with my nephew!
3.gif

LMFAO dani! Oh man! And he''s sleeping away, happy as a clam. This is why I want a girl first, haha!

I like all the comments about how "not liking" your baby is ok. I often worry about resenting her for sucking up all my time, even though I am prepared for it and look forward to it in a lot of ways. I''ve always done things on my own schedule for my own reasons and so having all of that change worries me a lot.

lili

Ideal_Rock
3.gif

annointed.jpg

LOL....just be thankful he didn''t aim higher.

lili

Ideal_Rock
And I WILL be losing sleep when they come home from NICU because she is taking me up on my offer to go over there for 2 nights a week to give her a break. I'm actually getting nervous because I don't remember how to handle a newborn, let alone THREE! And I've never dealt with a penis before!! (in diapers, I mean!)

LOL...always have a washcloth ready to toss over their peepee.
And I think you may need to recruit your hubby w/ you when you go over to relieve your friend.
I don't know how these multiple parents do it, I only had one and felt like I hardly had time to even brush my teeth and comb my hair.

I hope all three boys are easy and laidback like your A for your friend and family's sake.

ETA: How clueless can her hubby be to think that she'll be comfortable traveling at 30wks w/ triplet.
I remember what a pain it was for me to even sit for extended period of time once I hit 26 wks -- and that's w/ just one.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, I also didn''t know my body would NEVER be the same. Some women are lucky, not me! I have officially surrendered. Also that one little V vain (from pregnancy) could make my ENTIRE leg sore. Just one! Good thing T is so cute. I didn''t know the "mama bond" was so strong. Making friends has never been so easy! I didn''t know how protective I would be when another child hurts mine. I didn''t know how quickly my child would become the boss. Maybe before she was even born.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2009 5:15:14 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Oh, I also didn''t know my body would NEVER be the same. Some women are lucky, not me! I have officially surrendered. Also that one little V vain (from pregnancy) could make my ENTIRE leg sore. Just one! Good thing T is so cute. I didn''t know the ''mama bond'' was so strong. Making friends has never been so easy! I didn''t know how protective I would be when another child hurts mine. I didn''t know how quickly my child would become the boss. Maybe before she was even born.

I may not have seen much of you before, but you are just as gorgeous now as you were then!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2009 5:07:13 PM
Author: MonkeyPie

3.gif

LMFAO dani! Oh man! And he''s sleeping away, happy as a clam. This is why I want a girl first, haha!

I like all the comments about how ''not liking'' your baby is ok. I often worry about resenting her for sucking up all my time, even though I am prepared for it and look forward to it in a lot of ways. I''ve always done things on my own schedule for my own reasons and so having all of that change worries me a lot.
LOL. I know. It was pretty funny. He also projectile peed on the window behind him when he was like 4 hours old. It was hilarious.

E B

Ideal_Rock

I like all the comments about how ''not liking'' your baby is ok. I often worry about resenting her for sucking up all my time, even though I am prepared for it and look forward to it in a lot of ways. I''ve always done things on my own schedule for my own reasons and so having all of that change worries me a lot.

MP, if you''ve got a boy baking in there, are you going to tell him (later in life) that you referred to him as a her for the first 20 weeks?
3.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock

3.gif

annointed.jpg

LOL! I love how you''re pointing at "the reason."
9.gif

The ''wipe over the peep'' advice is some of the best I''ve received as a parent. He must have peed on me every day for a week before someone told me to do this, and I''ve been baby pee-free ever since.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i''ve had multiple people tell me to get those Pee Pee Tee Pees but all i can think of is ''don''t you need like a neverending supply of them?''and they are like $3 a pop or something. Other Mom''s have just told me to toss a diaper or a washcloth or something immediately on top of it and you''re all good.

lol TG... when i told my mom that we were having a boy the first thing she said is ''oh no! i don''t know how to clean a penis!''...since she had 3 girls.
3.gif
i was like WELL we''ll all learn! hahaa.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah. Boys and their parts. No one told me...and no one told me that as they get older, they become a source of constant fascination. (Not for me, for them.)

The sleep deprivation, yup...I have no idea how I functioned on so little for so long.

No one warned me that there would be days nothing would go right and that you still need to dig deeply into those love reserves and persevere. Five minutes of crying won''t kill them (but it feels like it''ll kill you.)

I also had no idea I wouldn''t be particularly grossed out by semi-chewed up food being spit out into a wee little hand and offered to me like a trophy.

No one warned me that, especially younger adults, can tack a "mommy" label on you that can equate to "desperately uncool" - *I am, however, willing to entertain the fact that my desperate uncoolness is independent of my momminess.*

No one warned me that I would be endlessly amused by really dumb stuff my kids do.

No one warned me that I could spend an entire day picking up after my kids. Over. And Over.

And, oh, the powder thing? Mine just dumped an entire container of it (cornstarch, though) on the floor, probably inhaled the whole thing. They played in it like they were building a snow fort (not for my lack of trying to stop them, but ultimately I just gave up and took a few pictures). I know about the asthma thing, but I don''t think that applies to cornstarch.

I WAS warned about the joy factor. Fortunately, that was pretty accurate.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2009 5:46:13 PM
Author: EBree

MP, if you''ve got a boy baking in there, are you going to tell him (later in life) that you referred to him as a her for the first 20 weeks?
3.gif

LOL yes - but not until he''s old enough to get a laugh out of it and not get a complex lol.

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock

3.gif

annointed.jpg

OMG!! We are having a boy in January and were just talking last night about immediately covering his penis with something to prevent the spray factor. I''m going to have to share this photo with hubby! At least it was a cute little peeing culprit!

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2009 6:40:58 PM
Author: Mara
i''ve had multiple people tell me to get those Pee Pee Tee Pees but all i can think of is ''don''t you need like a neverending supply of them?''and they are like $3 a pop or something. Other Mom''s have just told me to toss a diaper or a washcloth or something immediately on top of it and you''re all good.

lol TG... when i told my mom that we were having a boy the first thing she said is ''oh no! i don''t know how to clean a penis!''...since she had 3 girls.
3.gif
Mara, I had no idea the nooks and crannies in male anatomy before trying to wipe poo off his butt (and all the other places it squishes into)! And as much as you try to cover them up, you WILL get peed on, but you''ll be so sleep deprived you won''t care
2.gif
. But do know it stops, I haven''t been peed on since he was about 5 or six months.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/13/2009 1:16:46 PM
Author: MustangGal

Date: 11/12/2009 6:40:58 PM
Author: Mara

3.gif
Mara, I had no idea the nooks and crannies in male anatomy before trying to wipe poo off his butt (and all the other places it squishes into)! And as much as you try to cover them up, you WILL get peed on, but you''ll be so sleep deprived you won''t care
2.gif
. But do know it stops, I haven''t been peed on since he was about 5 or six months.
lol MG.. i am sure i will get a few blasts but as long as none of them are in the EYE i think i might be ok. knock on wood right now.

one of my friends FB statuses yesterday was ''went to kiss the baby and he threw up in my mouth''... hmm add that to the list of things no one ever told me.
6.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Well if it makes you mommies of boys feel any better, girls can projectile pee. It''s a talent, I''m sure but FI has the memory of pee in his face to prove it.

Also, I never knew that poop could explode out of a baby''s tiny bum. Silent but deadly also applies to babies. When she''s making the most noise, the poop isn''t as bad. But when she''s really quiet and then just lets out a little sigh, that''s when I know it''s time to hose her down in the bathtub. Thank God for removable shower heads. Just spray and drip dry.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm...I didn''t know that babies are LOUD sleepers, they grunt, sigh, and even cry in their sleep sometimes. I''m hypersensative to all of Jackson''s noises too.

Mara, my mom bought us some peepee teepees, and they are worthless (at least were for us). They would keep me from getting peed on, but then it would all just dribble down over him. For the first 2 months, we kept a stock of huggies disposable washcloths by the changing table and held one over him because it could absorb almost all of the pee. But Jacks has grown out of that stage and we don''t need them anymore unless it''s a really messy poopy diaper that takes forever to clean. He does still pee in the tub though (and on Robbie''s husband!)

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
That picture is hilarious!

I have a pic just like that of my dad...we thought it was so funny, until the next day when we gave him his first bath and as soon as the warm water hit him he hit me with pee. i believe his entire nursery has been peed on at this point!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Oh, and we must not forget, as my daughter recently noted, she is coming to terms with the fact that she will never be on time for anything for the rest of her life. (okay, so she doesn''t realize yet, that it may happen on occasion, 20 years from now..she will be on time)
3.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2009 5:22:45 PM
Date: 11/12/2009 5:15:14 PM

Author: Tacori E-ring

Oh, I also didn''t know my body would NEVER be the same. Some women are lucky, not me! I have officially surrendered. Also that one little V vain (from pregnancy) could make my ENTIRE leg sore. Just one! Good thing T is so cute. I didn''t know the ''mama bond'' was so strong. Making friends has never been so easy! I didn''t know how protective I would be when another child hurts mine. I didn''t know how quickly my child would become the boss. Maybe before she was even born.

I may not have seen much of you before, but you are just as gorgeous now as you were then!

You are the sweetest
16.gif

My mom told me after my DD was born that she did not like my sister for the first few months. Motherhood is such a huge adjustment. Everything was really difficult for me in the early days and frankly newborns are blobs. I remember clearly when she was 6 weeks and finally smiled at me (for real) thinking "yeah, this is what makes it worth it."
30.gif

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Laundry...

You never knew how much you were going to love having a close laundry machine. Or how much your laundry would be so fun to photograph...like this one my daughter sent today.
1.gif

veda and daddy socks.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results