shape
carat
color
clarity

Things that make you go Hmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
John and I always celebrate the anniversary of our first date in June 1999. And both of us had forgotten the date of our engagment-- except that it was on 8th. On the eighth of WHAT in what year... not so much. Well... TODAY I found the original appraisal for our ring, dated just before our engagment. So we now know that our engagement happened on the 8th of August 2003.

Wow. I had a vague idea it had been that long but, it''s different having confirmation.

Maybe the old tabbies are right, "it IS about time" we do something about it.

Then again, maybe not just yet.

You know August 8 2008 is 8-8-08 and is on a Friday? hmmm.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that''s a long time to be engaged! Still in no hurry? I thought our 14 month engagement was too long.

The 08-08-08 thing sounds awesome. Why not?

And for the record, our engagement date was 8-4-06. I told M he didn''t have to remember it once we were married.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
I''m all for 8-08-08!

I''ve only been engaged for a couple of months and I have NO IDEA what day it was that he proposed. I suppose it must be on here somewhere.

For that matter, neither of us can remember what day we went on our first date... though that''s probably on e-mail somewhere. So don''t feel badly!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
For years we celebrated our anniversary on the wrong day (I stumbled across his train ticket from the day we first met a couple of years ago). I got our proposal date wrong, as well. I kept thinking he proposed on Feb. 1st, but I recently found the Eiffel Tower ticket and it says 2 - 2 -07, so once again, I was wrong!

I think this is why people have dates engraved in their rings!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
You know. That engraving thing is brilliant!!! LOL. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one that had no idea of the date of certain events.

Yeah, it's a long time.

As for still no hurry? Well, yes and no. I want to be married. I don't want to deal with the wedding. But I also don't want a JOP quicky. I want to wear my Rivini gown that I can't fit into yet (but I've lost 17 pounds toward that goal). And I think our family's are finally reaching the point that if we suggest an elopement, they will all CHEER instead of all the horrified yelling that ensued the first time (years ago) we suggested it. And his mother might be ready to come around to a CA wedding.

I do want nice photos and nice flowers. And my mother. And his. The rest... eh, whatever. So when I get into the dress, I'm going to look into getting married somewhere lovely in CA somewhere along the coast betwen Carmel and Santa Barbara. But... that some months off. Gotta focus on my diet and excercise for now. That dress is taunting me.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/29/2007 1:17:40 PM
Author: Gypsy
You know. That engraving thing is brilliant!!! LOL. I''m glad to know that I''m not the only one that had no idea of the date of certain events.

Yeah, it''s a long time.

As for still no hurry? Well, yes and no. I want to be married. I don''t want to deal with the wedding. But I also don''t want a JOP quicky. I want to wear my Rivini gown that I can''t fit into yet (but I''ve lost 17 pounds toward that goal). And I think our family''s are finally reaching the point that if we suggest an elopement, they will all CHEER instead of all the horrified yelling that ensued the first time (years ago) we suggested it. And his mother might be ready to come around to a CA wedding.

I do want nice photos and nice flowers. And my mother. And his. The rest... eh, whatever. So when I get into the dress, I''m going to look into getting married somewhere lovely in CA somewhere along the coast betwen Carmel and Santa Barbara. But... that some months off. Gotta focus on my diet and excercise for now. That dress is taunting me.
More power to that gorgeous bridal gown!!!!

I understand your desire to wear your beautiful gown, have lovely flowers, great pictures, both your mom and John''s attend some sort of ceremony. You have been so helpful to so many brides-to-be that I''m sure you know exactly what you''d like.

Forget "perfection". In my view, it''s highly overrated if not mythical
20.gif

Both you and John want to be married so try not to overthink the whole "family issue" and as the Nike ads say "Just do it."

I''m tapping my toes waiting for a firm date and ,of course, this time the follow through.

Keep us posted!!! I''ll be so happy for both of you
36.gif
36.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy,

I love the idea of getting married on an anniversary, and I''m sure you already know this, but that will be a very, very popular date and things should be booked ASAP. If you want to take it easy, you might want to look at another date that doesn''t carry the same number charm, you know?

Just a suggestion, not meaning to add any stress! Good luck, and I hope you two decide on the perfect day.

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
That date sounds perfect Gypsy. 8 also looks like the symbol for infinity (well, sideways at least) so that is neat too. FH and I are getting married on your dating anniversary too. It will make it easier to remember your relationship timeline...plus you can tell your FH that he has to buy you double presents
31.gif
25.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all thank you so much for your suggestions and support,

Well I hope to fit into the blasted dress in January. 30 pounds to go. I''ve been averaging 2 pounds a week. So there''s hope. LOL.

I really love the idea of getting married on an anniversary too. Either of them would work for me 8/8/08 or 6/22/08 or 6/23/08 (our anniversary is technically around midnight of the 22nd... so the 23rd would work just as well).

As for reservations... and booking. I''m thinking that a little grassy area on a cliff overlooking the ocean with just the two of us and hopefully not more than 5 or 6 others in attendance and a lunch at a restaurant afterward. Then both our mother''s can throw us parties as they''ve offered to do, little reception type things, and they can invite everyone they want to those and we''ll attend.

The only thing I can see, with that senario, needing to book is our photographer and minister. And actually since our first cancelled wedding was out here, I already know who that photographer would be... and they''re still holding my deposit of $400 for me. So I can just call them up and see when they are available. As 8/8/08 is a Friday, 6/22 a Sunday and 6/23 a Monday... whichever works for them would probably work for us.

I''d like to get this thing done and over with inexpensively (except for the photography which will be 3K).

snlee

Ideal_Rock
That sounds like an awesome plan. I love the idea of getting married on an anniversary!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/29/2007 2:55:46 PM
Author: Love in Bloom
That date sounds perfect Gypsy. 8 also looks like the symbol for infinity (well, sideways at least) so that is neat too. FH and I are getting married on your dating anniversary too. It will make it easier to remember your relationship timeline...plus you can tell your FH that he has to buy you double presents
31.gif
25.gif
Errr..duh, we are getting married on OUR dating anniversary, haha. Can't you tell the wedding plans are driving me crazy?
23.gif
Good luck with your dress. I'm sure you will looke stunning!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, it sounds like you are doing great! I have been thinking about you and hope things are progressing nicely with your mom and grandma these days.

Have I seen your gown? Or have I not been lurking here on PS long enough? I''m sure you will look stunning, and I can''t wait ot see you in it!

Keep up the good work on your dieting, but don''t drive yourself crazy over it. John chose you and loves you just the way you are, so focus on being happy and enjoying your special day!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think 8-8-08 would be a great wedding date (and how special it would be your 5 year engagement anni!)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL LinBloom.

Harleigh-- Grandma is okay. Mom is going to have to go in for more surgery, two of the rods they put in have to come out. Whole family is exhausted.

I don''t know if you''ve seen my gown. I really haven''t posted any pics of it that have stayed up. (they weren''t loaded on to Pricescope server)... it''s a Rivini. I''ll post pics of me in it once I get down to size.

I''m losing weight for me, for health reasons. I was a size 6-8 when john and I met, and I''d like to get down there again AND according to my MD I never should have left that weight range. I''ve got some health problems that the docs are hoping will clear themselves up if I lose the weight. But thank you for the kinds words. ((HUG))

Tacori... 8-8-08 would be great. But it sounds to far away. Not going to bring it to John right now though, b/c of the setting and my watch, I don''t think he can take more $$ related planning. LOL. I''ll wait till I fit into the blasted dress then I''ll mention it to him that we need to get the ball moving. He''ll jump on that train immediate. Especially as the pain of $$ of the setting (earlier than we had planned on paying for it) has faded into the past and I have my lovely, permanent setting, on my finger.
2.gif

35.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ah, a year will go by quickly!!!! Besides it might take you that long to pick out your wedding band. Just kidding!
9.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/30/2007 2:36:19 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Ah, a year will go by quickly!!!! Besides it might take you that long to pick out your wedding band. Just kidding!
9.gif
ROFLMAO. That was priceless.

I''m bad, I already told John that the ear bling he said he wanted to get me is probably going to be ready around Valentine''s day. LMAO. WF scattered diamond huggies.
27.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s why we love you gypsy! What about some wedding bling???
11.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
WELL... I''ve given that some thought.
3.gif

My something borrowed and something blue are my grandmother''s pear shaped persian turquiose pendant with baguette diamond halo.
So I''ve been looking for some pear shaped persian turquoise, calibrated to put into a bezel to drop from a bezeled baguette stud bezels would be milgrained. I''ve hinted to my grandmother that I''d like these as a wedding present.
20.gif

I have a persian turqouise RHR, it needs re-setting though. I have to check to see if it''s calibrated. If not,the setting will look nice enough for pics.
27.gif

So... I''m fairly covered. I love turqouise and diamonds and think it would dress up my rather simple dress nicely. Especially if my flowers are green and white. And my bouquet has a turqouise ribbon and a nice brooch (which I bought from banana republic) on it.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sounds beautiful!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait to see it all put together, Gypsy...it all sounds lovely.

I really hope things work out for your mom...I know how worried you''ve been about her.

Thanks again for checking in...it''s always good to hear how you are.

Hang in there!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results