shape
carat
color
clarity

These poor students!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Link to story

"But on Tuesday, the school''s communications office said an e-mail was sent Monday afternoon to all 46,377 students who applied for admission -- including the 29,000 rejects -- welcoming them to the campus.
A half-hour later, school officials said, they realized their mistake. Almost two hours after the first note went out, a second e-mail was sent, apologizing to 28,889 freshmen applicants for the mistake."

I bet that mistake would not have happened if they had to print acceptance letters like the "good old days"
3.gif
2.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG. That''s AWFUL. I have to say I''m not really surprised though. My school emails pre-med stuff to me all of the time, and there is NO WAY I''d ever do premed! Or pre-law! Or 99% of the other stuff the send me. And the mistake emails?! Oy vey!!!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is sad; I feel for the students who were so excited to get in.
15.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a nightmare.

That''s sad for the kids, and quite embarrassing for the school.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
That''s awful.. Those poor kids. In my family we would have already called aunts, uncles, grandparents, etc.

InLuv101

Brilliant_Rock
Man that sucks! I''d be so disappointed if I didn''t really get in. How embarassing for the school.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
That''s horrible! How sad for those poor kids - I''d be devastated
39.gif

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Wow. There is no excuse.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2009 4:45:38 PM
Author: Haven
What a nightmare.

That''s sad for the kids, and quite embarrassing for the school.
That''s what I was thinking, too.

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
These students did receive an email two weeks ago saying that the were not accepted, this was a "welcome to campus email" sent weeks after acceptances were sent. So this was more of a salt in the wounds thing than calling Aunt Sally in tears.
link

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
that is so horrible!! ouch!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Wow that''s horrible!
6.gif
7.gif

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
Oh that''s so horrible! Those poor kids.

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
Did the school''s reply note begin with "April Fools!"

What a shame....

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I really feel for these kids. What a shame, and like someone else said, very embarassing for the school.

On another note... Emailing acceptance letters?!? (or denial letters in these kids cases)

One of the things that I remember most about getting into my dream school, was seeing the thick package in the mailbox and my entire family standing around when I pulled the glossy folder out of the white crisp envelope, and read the cover letter to my parents. We all cried.

I can hardly see me running across the house to tell my mom... "I've got mail in my inbox!!!! Everyone come look!!!!"
20.gif

Email acceptance letters, how anticlimactic. I understand about being green, but some things, like thank you notes, are just meant to be mailed.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel so bad for the "rejects" as they put it.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
It takes a lot more effort to print letters on paper. Had they done this, they perhaps could have saved themselves the embarrassment, and these kids feelings and false hopes. THis is just a really sad reminder that somethings just SHOULD NOT be sent by email.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2009 10:54:26 AM
Author: meresal
I really feel for these kids. What a shame, and like someone else said, very embarassing for the school.

On another note... Emailing acceptance letters?!? (or denial letters in these kids cases)

One of the things that I remember most about getting into my dream school, was seeing the thick package in the mailbox and my entire family standing around when I pulled the glossy folder out of the white crisp envelope, and read the cover letter to my parents. We all cried.

I can hardly see me running across the house to tell my mom... 'I've got mail in my inbox!!!! Everyone come look!!!!'
20.gif

Email acceptance letters, how anticlimactic. I understand about being green, but some things, like thank you notes, are just meant to be mailed.

I remember the same. It was a proud moments for the Pops!

Although, I don't think this was an 'acceptance letter.' It was a "Welcome to the campus" email. So all the people who had been sent reject letters got these emails a month later. I think anyway.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2009 11:04:58 AM
Author: Bia

Date: 4/2/2009 10:54:26 AM

I can hardly see me running across the house to tell my mom... ''I''ve got mail in my inbox!!!! Everyone come look!!!!''
20.gif

I remember the same. It was a proud moments for the Pops!

Although, I don''t think this was an ''acceptance letter.'' It was a ''Welcome to the campus'' email. So all the people who had been sent reject letters got these emails a month later. I think anyway.
I understand Bia. I was just going off of what swimmer had said, about them getting an email a few weeks earlier notifying the students that they had not been accepted. Even to get a rejection email... as a student entering college you can pay upwards of $500 in application fees alone, and for the school to not even have the decency to notify you properly by letter, is just shocking to me.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I agree getting those packages is an awesome feeling. I remember when my dream school sent me the very thick envelope. Best day ever.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
That''s so terrible!
38.gif

And I don''t particularly like that my school is listed at the bottom of that article. I don''t remember anything like that while I was there, so it must have been since I left.

I totally agree that this is much less likely if they would send out acceptances in the mail.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Most universities do let students check online to see whether they've been accepted or not. My next youngest sister is only six grades behind me, and by the time she started college (2004) they were doing this.

I totally remember getting those THICK packages. A couple universities had a big "Yes." printed on the back flap. I LOVED that!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2009 11:20:59 AM

I understand Bia. I was just going off of what swimmer had said, about them getting an email a few weeks earlier notifying the students that they had not been accepted. Even to get a rejection email... as a student entering college you can pay upwards of $500 in application fees alone, and for the school to not even have the decency to notify you properly by letter, is just shocking to me.
Gotcha
2.gif

Trying to put myself in those kids'' shoes. That time of your life is so stressful, so to receive such exciting news only to have it blow up in your face really stinks. Imagine all the kids who called their parents all excited...and then had to call back with bad news.
14.gif

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2009 1:48:25 AM
Author: SanDiegoLady
ITS DEVESTATING!

Idiots. Leave it to SDSU''s offices to screw that up (no offense to SDSU alumni, I promise). I felt immediately devestated for all the kids who got a follow up letter saying oh by the way you were part of the mistake- you''re not good enough. What a load of crap, those poor kids.

Hey SDL- UCSD sent the email, not SDSU. Just had to stick up for my school!

Go Aztecs
36.gif

KatM

Shiny_Rock
In the days of actual acceptance/rejection letters one of my friends did actually receive an accidental rejection letter from her safety school. She almost had a huge meltdown (if my safety school won't even accept me...!) until our very kind college counselor called their admissions office and got it straightened out.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results