shape
carat
color
clarity

Thermometers

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
We're in the market for a new thermometer. I know rectal is best and most accurate, however now that C is 1 yo I'd like to get a non-rectal thermometer. I've heard so many up and down reviews about ear thermometers and temporal ones that I wanted to poll everyone and see what kind you've got that you like or dislike. I'd rather spend $80 once on a good one than $30 several times on okay ones, KWIM?? Please throw me any advice, experience or suggestions regarding thermometers you've used with your kiddos. Thanks!

NewShiny

Shiny_Rock
I love our exergen temporal but would love it if the display lit up. The may have them that do light up now- mine is 3 years old.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
NewShiny|1378483262|3515673 said:
I love our exergen temporal but would love it if the display lit up. The may have them that do light up now- mine is 3 years old.

Ditto. I got it from Costco for about $30. It works great but the no-lit screen is really annoying. It means that when taking the temp at night I have to run out into the hall light before the temp disappears.

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Dani|1378545093|3516125 said:
Hi Meg,

We have this one. http://www.amazon.com/Braun-Thermoscan-Thermometer-Technology-IRT4520USSM/dp/B001FWXKMM

Thankfully, we've only had to use it 2 times with L, but so far, no complaints. It's quick and easy and gets good reviews. I also have a rectal thermometer just in case, as they are more accurate, but the Braun is always my go-to.

We've had this one for almost 3 years and still love it. Like others, I wish the display would light up. We also have to be very mindful of the covers because they're a choking hazard.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
We also have the Exergen temporal one, for 3 years. Works well. I find it easier to use than the ear thermometer.

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Braun Thermoscan seems to be the most popular and our pedi recommended an ear thermometer. Off to Amazon! Thanks ladies!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
We have both an ear thermometer and a temporal one. Ev HATES the ear one, but kind of likes the temporal one because it lights up and beeps :) Anyway, we almost always use the temporal one initially, and if that comes back high, and we want to make sure we have an accurate read we take out the ear thermometer to confirm. We've found the temporal one to be pretty darn consistent with the ear one.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
megumic|1378902718|3518543 said:
Braun Thermoscan seems to be the most popular and our pedi recommended an ear thermometer. Off to Amazon! Thanks ladies!

Is it because of user error??? Our previous ped uses an ear thermometer, but the new ped/healthcare group uses a temporal one.

NewShiny

Shiny_Rock
I don't know, but my little guy had a lot of ear infections in his first two years and there was no way I was going to stick something in his ear when I suspected one (or both) might be hurting. Our pedi uses the temporal too.

qtiekiki|1378940654|3518983 said:
megumic|1378902718|3518543 said:

Is it because of user error??? Our previous ped uses an ear thermometer, but the new ped/healthcare group uses a temporal one.

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
I would just get a cheap digi axillary. Accurate and easy to use - no technique required!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results