shape
carat
color
clarity

There''s a gas outage in our area!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

April20

Ideal_Rock
Apparently it''s been out since last night.

We didn''t use the stove last night, so we didn''t notice and the water heater had plenty of hot water still.

I realized something was wrong when I could only get warm, tepid really, water in the shower this morning. DH called and sure enough, there''s an outage. The thing is, it''s still out and it''s been almost 12 hours since he called. I''m trying to figure out what I can make for dinner or if we just go out. I''m also trying to figure out if I''m brave enough for a cold shower tomorrow if need be. I''m not such a fan of cold water. Did I mention the heat is out as well? It''s not like it''s cold- I think the high today was 65, but it''s rainy and yucky and slightly chilly all the same. My space heater and I were very good friends today.

This actually makes me long for the days of an electric stove/water heater/heat, etc.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, no. . .what a nightmare! Our hot water heater went out for three days and luckily we still had propane to run the stove so I boiled large pots of water and filled about 5" of the tub. It took forever to fill and finally I braved it and took a cold shower. ehhh! Best wishes to you! Maybe have a glass (or two) of wine before taking the plunge. . .you''ll need it!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
eat beans

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
sorry to hear that it sux when that happens

April20

Ideal_Rock
We went and had Mexican.

We checked the gas company''s webpage before we were leaving and no updates, not even a notification that there was a gas outage. Checked the news webpage and it mentioned the outage and that workers are going door to door and you have to be home to get your gas back on! What the heck?!? The gas company didn''t tell us that when we called in the morning. We decided to leave anyway as I''ve been home ALL day and nothing. We passed the utility workers at the end of our street on the way out and they said it''d be a couple more hours. When we got home, they''re much closer to us, around the corner actually, and you can smell the gas in the air. They told us a regulator froze up or something.

If all goes well, I will have hot water tomorrow! If not, I''m taking MC''s advice and drinking a lot before I get in.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results