shape
carat
color
clarity

There are 3 vaccines, and counting, will they compete in the market?

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I believe a number of countries are donating vaccines, some through the Covax consortium and others are donating surplus supplies (the UK).

The UK is also considering its position on vaccinating the under 18's. I believe a decision is due in the next few days (mid July). While some of the vaccines have been cleared for use in children there is some debate around whether the doses given to children would be better off given to poorer countries struggling to vaccinate their adult populations.

Edited to add - when a country donates it's surplus supplies, I think that undermines some of the generosity behind the act.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I believe a number of countries are donating vaccines, some through the Covax consortium and others are donating surplus supplies (the UK).

The UK is also considering its position on vaccinating the under 18's. I believe a decision is due in the next few days (mid July). While some of the vaccines have been cleared for use in children there is some debate around whether the doses given to children would be better off given to poorer countries struggling to vaccinate their adult populations.

Edited to add - when a country donates it's surplus supplies, I think that undermines some of the generosity behind the act.

I think some countries are swapping batches to work better with use by dates too. I saw a recent report that Israel had donated a large batch to another country, I can’t remember where, as they couldn’t guarantee using it all before it expired and the receiving country was in dire need of vaccines ASAP. The receiving country would reciprocate by sending a future batch to Israel. Hopefully international cooperation will continue across the board.

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I think some countries are swapping batches to work better with use by dates too. I saw a recent report that Israel had donated a large batch to another country, I can’t remember where, as they couldn’t guarantee using it all before it expired and the receiving country was in dire need of vaccines ASAP. The receiving country would reciprocate by sending a future batch to Israel. Hopefully international cooperation will continue across the board.

Sometimes you have to wonder why everything can't be worked out using common sense, like in this case. (Though I'm pretty sure the person who had the original "why can't we just..." had to jump through hoops to make the exchange happen. But good for them and their efforts and yes, hopefully the international cooperation will continue.)

voce

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to say that my phone auto-corrected doses to dollars. :doh:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results