shape
carat
color
clarity

theflowerexchange.com rave

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
Well, it''s a mixed rave...hahaha. But I thought I would post because I think a couple people around here were considering ordering their flowers online.

Pros: The flowers are absolutely gorgeous. I''m pretty sure they even sat at the post office for a day because yesterday was a holiday here in Canada, and they are still fresh and beautiful

Cons: I ordered two types of flowers and one of them was the wrong thing. Calling tomorrow to see what they will do about it. Not a big deal now, since I was only ordering to make sure they looked good, but wedding day? That would be bad.

Pic of all flowers:

flowers 001 small.jpg

cincin090

Shiny_Rock
Those are pretty! Are they daisies?

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
I really wanted the spider mums to put in my centerpieces, so I took a pic of them up close to show how fresh and perfect they are.

The pink ones I ordered were supposed to be these http://www.theflowerexchange.com/scripts/prodViewn.asp?idproduct=917

but I ended up with these http://www.theflowerexchange.com/scripts/prodViewn.asp?idproduct=1589.

I ordered the pink ones hoping they would be a nice shade of pink, not as mauve-y as spider mums are, and the ones they sent me are definitely mauve instead of the soft pink i was hoping for. Oh well, I think we''ll just use the white spider mums instead and give up on the pink.

flowers 002 small.jpg

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/3/2008 12:42:18 AM
Author: cincin090
Those are pretty! Are they daisies?

Hi cincin! haha they really look like daisies don''t they? the website has them as a type of chrysanthemum, but they are definitely not the ones i ordered!!!

Hopefully they will give me a refund on those, it''s ridiculous but I paid almost $150 for those 2 bunches of flowers, including shipping. the website has free shipping over $150, but i didn''t need any more flowers (not sure what i''m going to do with all these either!!), so i paid $35 for shipping and then another $35 for duties. However, they guy I spoke with told me he would make a note on my account to give me a $35 discount if I decided to order from them for the wedding, and since my order will be over $150 I won''t have to pay for shipping either, just duty.

There were 50 stems per box, so $150 for 100 flowers isn''t all that bad....the lowest I''ve been quoted on spider mums from a florist is $4/stem, so that''s definitely way cheaper!!

cincin090

Shiny_Rock
Wow, I haven''t even started looking at florists so I have no idea how much they cost! But that seems so expensive...

Are you designing your own centerpieces? I''m sure they''ll look gorgeous!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh they''re so pretty! What a smart cookie you are to do a trial run.

I ordered my flowers from Proflowers.com, and all of the flowers for the wedding are supposed to be here tomorrow by noon so I''ll tell you how it goes! (I did not do a trial. Hmm . . . )

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
Spoke with the guy at customer service, he''s finding out what happened. If they don''t have the flowers I want, he''ll refund my money, if they do have them he''ll send them to me for free. So, win-win. I''ll definitely be ordering the spider mums for our centerpieces from them.

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
hey karasue,
what happened with your flowers? I''m so glad you were happy with the white ones. I''ll have to do a trial run soon. Thanks for the review!

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
i used theflowerexchange.com also...major rave from my end! the flowers were huge, fresh, and lush. they actually looked better than the florist's flowers. i have pics of the flowers i ordered somewhere on here (in the archives, i feel like such a relic here!). they came thurs and opened beautifully for the wedding sat. i also ordered rose petals, and they gypped me on a bag, i called the guy thur afternoon and he overnighted me my missing order the next day without any hassle or fuss. loved them!

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
CJ!!! Where have you been woman, and where is the update on the dress saga?? I called the guy today, they are sending the correct flowers on Wednesday so I''ll post pics of when I get those too. I''m hoping they are the right color, I love the look of the spider mums but I REALLY wanted pink flowers in the centerpieces to add some color to the tables. If I get white, the whole table will just be white and they won''t stand out as much...well, I guess there will be black organza sashes on the chairs, but still, I''d like some color on there and I can''t think of any other way to get it on there besides the flowers.

Gingerb - I think your photos are the first place I heard of that website, so thank you!!! I also did a google search for flower sites that ship to Canada and they came up, which has been awesome. They do charge me duty, but the cost of the flowers is so much lower that it more than makes up for it. I''m also going to order petals from them too, hopefully they''ll be extra careful with my order since they screwed this one up already!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results