shape
carat
color
clarity

The zoom function is not always a vendor''s friend.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
http://www.ross-simons.com/products/412630.html Just browsing, came across these, and decided to see how good the zoom function was on the site at giving me a peek at the diamond quality in these. Well, the zoom function is great. It's the diamonds that are the problem. Earring on the right, 1 o'clock. And then look all over.
6.gif
Technology is just fascinating.

Diamond Explorer

Shiny_Rock
Trade
They seem kinda cloudy in general but that diamond at 1 o''clock is just awful. You think they would inspect the piece before shooting it.
38.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
What if they DID inspect it?
23.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yuck, those are awful
14.gif

Diamond Explorer

Shiny_Rock
Trade
If that is the case...
32.gif
...then they need a new supplier and to turn those diamonds into to cutting tools.
20.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, I have either had too much wine tonight or not enough, but when I looked the first time I swear that I thought those pics (even using the zoom function) were of the *setting* before you would put the stones in. Like the way Adwar sells settings. No joke.
23.gif
And now that I see what you guys are talking about and I went back and looked again I think they would be better served if they DID sell these settings empty!

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Tee-hee...

Tough crowd here tonight (and every night!), folks!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not enough Dee. Not enough. And I agree... if they popped those little droplets of frozen spit out, they'd have a lot of potential as semi mounts.
38.gif

Grace, HEY! I resemble that remark! Tee-hee.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/2/2009 12:08:05 AM
Author: Gypsy
Not enough Dee. Not enough. And I agree... if they popped those little droplets of frozen spit out, they''d have a lot of potential as semi mounts.
38.gif

As always, I am in perfect agreement with you!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think they did pick it. That''s the same earring, twice. Not a pair of earrings. The 1 o''clock diamond is the same on both.

Ditto Dee, you pretty much sum up my feelings when you post. Haven''t seen you too much recently though, how are things (happy to see Demon de-antlered for April
3.gif
).

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/2/2009 12:27:39 AM

Ditto Dee, you pretty much sum up my feelings when you post. Haven''t seen you too much recently though, how are things (happy to see Demon de-antlered for April
3.gif
).

Sorry for the threadjack, but thanks for asking! Taking advantage of the slower market and getting some traveling in, sometimes to places where my internet access is rather limited, ergo the lack of PS.

And LOL on The Demon being de-antlered; I should have probably just gone straight to bunny ears it took me so damn long to switch him out!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ahhh travelling. That sounds... lovely. Really blissfully lovely. Sorry, just started daydreaming for a seond. I hope you are having great travels, and know that we miss you (and are jealous!). It was really nice ''seeing'' you Dee! Hope there will be better internet access in your travels so we can see you more.

BUNNY EARS! I wonder is someone can photo shop a bow in there. LOL.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
40.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Umm.......YIKES!
6.gif

oldmancoyote

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/2/2009 12:08:05 AM
Not enough Dee. Not enough. And I agree... if they popped those little droplets of frozen spit out, they''d have a lot of potential as semi mounts.
38.gif

Not with that amount of pitting, they won''t.
11.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Blech. Zoom bad. LOL.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Eesh. That what we like to call a Monet . . .
3.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gotta ask... Monet? Best when viewed from a distance???

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
You know when I first looked I thought "why would they put a nasty diamond in there and then use that pair to post"?

But then I started looking at them the whole way around (under the zoom) and I don''t think it is a stone... I think it is a reflection.

The red circles show the same point on the other curves where there is no diamond and the blue circle shows the same spot where there is darkness but you can tell there is not a stone.

I think it is a camera reflection/bad polish job.

The other diamonds still look
14.gif

ross.earrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring.JPG

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Posh!!! I agree there is weirdness all around with the empty unpolished pits. But it's the guy in green below that had me wincing initially!

ross_earGYP8.jpg

Diamond Explorer

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/2/2009 7:56:10 PM
Hi Posh!!! I agree there is weirdness all around with the empty unpolished pits. But it''s the guy in green below that had me wincing initially!
eeewwww.....LOL.... That just too bad
40.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results