shape
carat
color
clarity

The World''s Most Fabulous Gown

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
OK, Gals, as a follow-up to the 1 gown 2 gown thread...

And putting aside whether you would actually have the nerve to really do it...

If you could (or could have) got married in ANY GOWN except a ''proper'' wedding gown, which one would it be? Links or pics please! Or at least describe it for us.
36.gif
10.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love my Rivini gown, and will not be buying another...

However, a strapless slim a line with a dipped neckline (not a full sweetheart) in a HEAVY matte silk satin with a dramatically dropped waist with silk Alencon lace cumberbun (how do yo spell that) starting right under the bust and matte satin bow right at the natural waist. With a matching Alencon lace border at the bottom of the gown. No crystals or anything... just lace and matte sillk satin in silk white.

I''ve actually seen almost this exact gown somewhere... but it was after I bought my Rivini. Which I love.

E B

Ideal_Rock
So easy!
9.gif

"Bliss", by Reem Acra. It''s something like $6,000 and I wasn''t going to spend that much, but I still love it.

(In the picture below, it''s the pale blue dress in the middle.)

bliss1.jpeg

E B

Ideal_Rock
The funny thing is, I'm not a poofy princess dress kind of girl at all. But I think this one is stunning. If I was a millionaire and getting married on a beach, this would be my choice.

Another view:

bliss2.jpeg

Scooba

Shiny_Rock
what do you mean not a "proper" wedding gown?

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2007 7:21:27 PM
Author: Diamonds are Hot!
what do you mean not a ''proper'' wedding gown?

I think she means a non-traditional gown (something that isn''t long and white/ivory).

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2007 7:20:44 PM
Author: EBree
The funny thing is, I''m not a poofy princess dress kind of girl at all. But I think this one is stunning.
Me neither!! But I''m a sucker for this one from Timeless Bridal. But I would do it in burnt orange (like we were talking about in the other thread)
2.gif

giannacolorsquare.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
Musey,

I love the shape of that dress. It''s so feminine.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay - this is gonna seem weird LOL And I really don't think I could pull it off... but there is something about *this* gown that I just LOVE!! It would go so well with my ring too LOL I wish there were bigger pics....
http://home.att.net/~design-house/gowns/american_gothic/volcon/american_gothic_volcon.htm

I found it when I was looking for hairstyles for KC and it might be my fav gown of all time LOL

ETA:
This one is kinda cool too - like the back more than the front... http://home.att.net/~design-house/gowns/alt/sedona_rose/alt_vintage_uncommon_godess_sedona1a.htm

but what do I know? hehe I got married in white shorts and birkenstocks ;-)

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2007 7:24:03 PM
Author: musey

The funny thing is, I''m not a poofy princess dress kind of girl at all. But I think this one is stunning.
Me neither!! But I''m a sucker for this one from Timeless Bridal. But I would do it in burnt orange (like we were talking about in the other thread)
2.gif
It''s a stunning dress, musey!

My anything-but-traditional wedding dress would be... Silk, dark red, sweetheart neckline and pick-ups. Wouldn''t fit the wedding I''m planning, but that''s not the point, is it?
28.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Oooooh! Ah! Ladies, I am drooling! And I don''t even know what Alencon lace IS!

EBree I love that blue Reem Acra!
36.gif

And Musey, that gown in orange would be too fabulous.
30.gif

Cehra: that''s awesome that you got married in shorts and Birkies. Where were you?

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
The funny thing is, I''m not a poofy princess dress kind of girl at all. But I think this one is stunning. If I was a millionaire and getting married on a beach, this would be my choice.

Another view:

reem acra also makes a more traditional version of this dress called diamante. LOVED it! it was one of my contenders. so spectacluar.
i tried in on in ivory/gold. the back was divine and the sparkle, stunning. nothing sparkles like this dress.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
OH, I just posted a couple pics in your last (original) thread I.Gal - two of my friends'' wedding pics! Check ''em out!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
If this had come out in time, I might have forsaken my strapless ban to wear this beauty.
LZ3863.jpg

Larissa

Shiny_Rock
Monique Lhuillier''s Spring/Summer 2003 line for sure!! Or possibly Hanna Hartnell.

There are three I like. Escape, Laura, and Barbie. I wanted a silk, slinky, backless dress...which is what I ended up with, I just got a cheaper version and not the $3,000 Monique.

Escape:
1583b.gif

MMM

Brilliant_Rock
I have two... both Monique Lhuillier.

One: Lulu

lulu option 1 mm.jpg

MMM

Brilliant_Rock
Two: Innocence
(sorry so small!)

innocence option 2.jpg

MMM

Brilliant_Rock
I really like short dresses -clearly- for young girls getting married (like myself!)
I think they are young and fresh and dont take them selves too seriously

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
OOH I too tried on "Innocence" but I didn''t love it on me....
Have you seen this one?
Melissa Sweet, "Chantal" - SO pretty!

MelissaSweetChantal.jpg

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
This WAS my dream dress...but I coudn''t afford it
7.gif
so my mom is not making one for me :)

Jenny Packham, "Claire"

JPmidriff.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2007 8:53:59 PM
Author: Independent Gal
Cehra: that''s awesome that you got married in shorts and Birkies. Where were you?
Yuma County Courthouse LOL
Here''s a pic of my perfect wedding outfit :D We had a renewal on our 2nd anniversary in san francisco that was *slightly* more conventional if you consider that I let my maids wear whatever they wanted as long as it was solid white and we all went barefoot :)
BTW this was many many moons ago and the only thing I''d do differently is wear a more flattering bra and shirt!!!! I was going for comfort in the mid summer heat... the husband is wearing vans and in the ceremony pics you can see his oakleys hanging on the back of his shirt hahaha Can you tell I''d been laughing and crying all morning?? He looks like such a baby!!! His face has filled out and he has a goatee and some grey hair now...

jandsweddingpic.jpg

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
That has to be the CUTEST pic, ever! I''m in love with the looks on both of your faces!

Cute.
Cute.
Cute!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Cehra! Could you both look any cuter? And any happier? I THINK NOT!
36.gif
And gee whiz do you both ever look... 12 years old! Great genes if you can get ''em.

I am loving the gown ideas. MMM Those short Monique dresses are beautiful and so elegant / sassy. I would love somehting like that.

Mercoledi I wonder whether a woman could actually WALK in that dress! It''s gorgeous, though. And what a colour! I have a skirt like that, where I have to take baby steps, and can''t climb into taxis properly wihtout painstakingly hitching it up. Looks great (except for the hitching part!). Not so practical.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Independant Gal, did you see those pics of my GF''s weddings that I postsed on your last thread? The one with the burnt orange cocktail dress....and the other with the all white BMs?

widget

Ideal_Rock
OMG...Cehra!!!
30.gif

Could you have been any cuter or happier? ....and you were just BABIES!!!!

widget

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
OMG you two are just so adorable!! My mom was 19 too when so married, and she looks so young on her pics too...

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I thought I''d add pictures of the red pick-up dress I talked about... I''d have it made in silk, of course.
28.gif

8611l.jpg

8611b.jpg

Not sure how it would look on me and it certainly isn''t appropriate for the wedding we''re having... But
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
I think the skirt is more forgiving in real life, the runway pics make it look do-able.

Anyhoo, this is Knottie Mrs.Incredible2 in her amazing red and gold dress with organza hood:
47b6d603b3127cce8c4b2bd21a2600000016108Aas2jZq0aOJ

I think she deserves to be in the running for World''s most Fabulous gown.
Check out her maids'' shoes!
47b6d603b3127cce8c4b2bc61a3200000016108Aas2jZq0aOJ

bravesfan

Shiny_Rock
O this is easy... If only I had a bigger dress budget....
2.gif

EVE_4157_L.jpg

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Anchor, wow that red dress is wild! I wonder how much it weighs!

And I just mercoledi''s post. That wedding actually looks like fun. You can just tell the bride is a riot to be around. Love the sunglasses in the pic.

Bravesfan: that is a stunner for sure, as far as traditional gowns go. But would you wear it in purple?!
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results