shape
carat
color
clarity

The world will never be the same again...

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
After Sunday night when we witness the end of a pop-culture phenomenon, LOST.

Any early pre-viewing thoughts?

I have nothing really show related to put into the discussion, I will most likely watch the full 5 hour event (2.5 hour recap of the series and 2.5 hour finale) because I know I''ve missed things over the past few seasons and want to be as prepared as possibly for the finale (without having to watch all 72 hours of the show''s past seasons). Another general comment, after such a shocking finale for Grey''s Anatomy and Private Practice, I hope ABC really pulls out the stops and gives us something to remember with this finale.

One complaint-they''re not doing limited or no commercials
7.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait! M and I are driving back from Charleston, and I''m making sure we make it in time. We''re recording the pre-show, the finale, and Jimmy Kimmel Live with the cast and writers/director.

I''m really sad it''s ending, though. But I''m glad it was a planned ending, and not just them getting cancelled - it means it''s been thought out and they can go out with a bang.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
After muddling through this season, I'm totally lost. But that's probably the purpose of the show - to get the audience to realize that everybody is a lost soul. (Lord of the Flies, anyone?) I'm going to watch The Apprentice. At least I understand what "you're fired" means.

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
I am not so much excited as sad.

I will be watching the whole thing and just plan on enjoying it. I trust the producers/writers to take us where they want to, and I don't need big questions answered, I just need a good two hours with my favorite characters.

I have watched since the beginning, and then re-watched every season when my DH started watching, so I am pretty up to speed on everything.

We are going to watch with some fellow Losties (who know the rule of NOT talking or asking stupid questions during the actual show) and we are going to drink Dharma beer.

I am thinking of getting my little one a onesie appropriate for the occasion.
3.gif

ETA: Oh and HH, I think this one is all on Carlton and Cuse, not ABC. They got free reign to end it as they wanted to, so if you don't like it, can't blame it on ABC but on Darlton.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

It Only Ends Once.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2010 12:25:01 PM
Author: ChinaCat
I am not so much excited as sad.

I will be watching the whole thing and just plan on enjoying it. I trust the producers/writers to take us where they want to, and I don''t need big questions answered, I just need a good two hours with my favorite characters.

I have watched since the beginning, and then re-watched every season when my DH started watching, so I am pretty up to speed on everything.

We are going to watch with some fellow Losties (who know the rule of NOT talking or asking stupid questions during the actual show) and we are going to drink Dharma beer.

I am thinking of getting my little one a onesie appropriate for the occasion.
3.gif

ETA: Oh and HH, I think this one is all on Carlton and Cuse, not ABC. They got free reign to end it as they wanted to, so if you don''t like it, can''t blame it on ABC but on Darlton.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

It Only Ends Once.
That rule is SO important. I stopped watching this show with other people because I couldn''t trust them to keep their traps shut. It''s also the only show that BF understands that rule - he has an amazing habit of talking during the single most important scene/line in the show/movie. Even when he''s not there and I''m watching a movie by myself the dang phone rings during the most important scene.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I haven''t kept up with Lost, but is anyone watching JJ''s other show Fringe, on Fox? The second season finale was last night, and I think it''s trying to pick up where Lost has left off.
31.gif
So if you''re looking for another crazy twisty-turny show, start catching up on Fringe!!

I want to buy the Lost series eventually!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
FRINGE JUMPED THE SHARK! I''m so pissed off with that show this season. I LOVED it until Walter''s weird drug induced trippy episode and now it''s just WEIRD! I don''t even want to watch the second half of the finale!
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m looking forward to it but I''m also sad, and it seems the last couple episodes people getting knocked off left and right without so much as a wham bam thank you ma''m, and realize, well there goes for developing that character more
7.gif
. It had to end at some point but it almost seems rushed the last few episodes, especially as they devoted whole episodes to a character''s back story in alterno world at the beginning. I almost wish they didn''t introduce certain favorite characters (Dogen, Ecko) because you get into them and then bumped off, and less space to explain some of the "mysteries" of the island. Last episode, whatever happened to Claire? Is she just wandering around?

My hopes for the series finale:
that Ben is not the beaten down dog that he looks right now and will double cross Flocke, perhaps with Miles help
That the "gang" simultaneously on the island and in alterno world pull together to outwit Flocke.
Somehow able to protect island, defeat Flocke, yet live out happy lives in Alterno world
That Kate may end up staying with Jack on Island.

My husband feels that what will happen, the series will end at the beginning, in that there is an actual time-loop that they are trapped in, and man in black and man in white keep playing out the events like a game to see who will win. Black''s bet is that men are bad and corruptable, and Jacob''s bet is that at least 1 sacrifices for greater good.

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
I cant wait! I am confused about what time the actual finale comes on. The DVR will most likely record everything so I have to make sure there is time. I would be a mad woman if it doesnt have enough time and doesnt record the end. I am not so much interested in the recap episode. Did anyone happen to notice that the recap episode is episode # 156 and then the finale is episode #180 or something like that?

I was thinking about it and it is like an end of an era for me. DH and I started dating the year it came on and now it is ending. It is like it has been me, him and LOST and now one of us is leaving.

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
I am trying not to criticize the show, but I do agree that I wish this season had been more about the Losties, and less about Dogen, the other other others (seriously enough with strange people shooting at our peeps!) and the god-awful Zoe. Who, IRL, btw, is the brains behind the stripper pole classes that started in LA- you know, the S Factor???? How weird is that?

I do think there will be a huge emotional pay-off, but not sure what that will mean. It may not be what we want, but it will be moving, that much I am sure of.

I will say that Carlton and Cuse have repeatedly mentioned two of their favorite series finale episodes ever as being MASH and Sopranos. Both of which were highly controversial. Just saying I'm not sure that we will get all of the Losties living happily ever after.

I do think the Losties will gather in the Sideways World (at the concert?) and Des will convince them to do whatever he needs them to do. I do think the remaining Losties on the Island will make one last bold move against Flocke. I think Locke in the Sideways world is the game-changer. How does that work????
Other than that, I have no idea how they will complete this story. Oh, and I don't think that Jack will remain the guardian.

Carlton and Cuse have continually said that they have known the last "image" of the show for awhile now. So do we think it's the island underwater? I say no, since we've already seen that.

Ok well now I'm getting excited.

ETA: I agree Radiantquest! I feel like my best friend is moving far away and I won't ever get to talk to her again.
7.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results