shape
carat
color
clarity

the wanting is more fun than the having? what''s on your wishlist?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
sometimes i think the wanting, the planning, the yearning, is as fun or more fun than the having. this year hubby needs a new toyota truck - so no luxuries for me for 2007. i like to drool over catalogs and pix on here.

here is an updated wishlist of mine- everchanging.

to sell:
white gold sirena tension set earriings and pendant in white gold. i have decided i hate rhodium and white gold does not look good on me. also these are too "dainty" for "plus size" me.
white gold antique replica filigree pink topaz set that i have never wear. it's insipid and bland on me.
orange padparasha modern looking sapphire set that i never wear.
this raymond weil watch that i made a mistake on.

to obtain:
ruby ring, earrings, and pendant in a substantial diamond halo in yellow gold
zales endless diamond 1.5 carat pendant to match the lovely ring i bought. i will be patient and this will appear "used" somewhere.
a 1-2 carat secondhand marquise solitaire.
more used wraps for all my solitaires, different styles and shapes
a blue topaz pendant in yg swiss color
a solid yellow gold cuff or hinged bracelet 14 or 18k from TJ maxx or estate
a pendant to replace the one i traded in (like zhuzhu), fluorescent stone 1/3 carat in yg
14k yg bulova quartz watch
to have a loose round garnet i have set in a ring setting.
a substantial citrine pendant in yg
dangle mikimoto pearl earrings

to repair:
garnet bracelet
amethyst bracelet

what on your wish list?

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Ladykemma I admire the way you come up with these wonderful jewelry "finds"! You are right, the wanting and planning really is half the fun. I think this is true of anything that you spend a lot of time researching. I am the same way about planning vacations and my hubby does it with his electronics. It is almost a let down when you actually have the thing you have been wanting so much. Then you want to move on to the next thing!
2.gif
Oh and for my jewelry wishlist I think I would like another right hand ring, but I can't make up my mind what I want!!!

colorkitty

Shiny_Rock
I think the having is more fun.

On my wishlist: a diamond ring of any sort from my husband, a charm bracelet from tiffany that has a turtle on it because I''m a sucker for cute animals.

On my maybe wishlist: a diamond solitaire pendant, a RH eternity ring from natural sapphire with yellow and pink sapphires, a strand of pearls. It depends on how much I''m able to save up. I want a jeweljet and a new handbag, and so that cuts into my gem money pretty fast.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
A 5 ct. Asscher in a Cartier like setting. That''s it.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2007 12:29:00 PM
Author: Ellen
Is that all???!! LOL

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
1) A wedding band that fi will love--I already ordered this, so I can check that off the list!

2) I''d love to upgrade my center stone...but unfortunately I don''t think it will happen this year with wedding expenses and since it''s so soon already.

3) I need to set a garnet I have

4) I''d love to buy a nice 1-2 carat rich blue sapphire...but it would have to be the right price and shape. I''d love it to be an asscher, but you hardly ever see those in sapphires!

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
One day after the kids college funds are 100% saved for and the house is paid off, and retiredment is saved for, I want a big square radient intense yellow stone with white trillian stones set in platinum to wear on my right hand :)

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

I want to upgrade my 1.50 round brilliant to a 2 carat. If I get a good raise and if I find a good price on a 2 carat then i will upgrade.

Okay, Ellen sweetie here you go. This is my work computer screen saver right now. I love it!!!

assher123455677890cut.jpg

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For me, the day I buy something I want is more fun than having wanted it.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
#1 on my wishlist is a 3000 square foot house on half an acre in san diego county :D with a pool ;-)

Oh you probably meant jewelry!! hahaha

I want a 5mm (min) IRB D StrBlue and I have no idea what I want to do with it but I know I want it LOL Probably a pendant!

I also want a bracelet that has little bezel set diamonds dangling from it... one for every year of marriage or something like that - so that they dangle down like a charm bracelet but not *that* low... kinda like in the DBTY except dangling around my wrist - and I'd want it to be something I could add to every year... I don't know exactly how the design would work but I'm sure something could be figured out :D Maybe some could dangle longer and have it just random but with non dangling more than say 3/4 inch, maybe 1/2 inch. That might be hard to pull out of my dh's butt though so someone else can feel free to do this so I may enjoy it!!! I think I'll get the round though - but probably not until I'm 40 which is only 3.5 years away ::sob:: maybe by then it'll be bigger than 5mm though haha

ETA: I have to add that really for now #1 on the wishlist is getting my dang stone set!!!!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2007 7:39:51 PM
Author: Madam Bijoux
For me, the day I buy something I want is more fun than having wanted it.
oh I totally agree... I don''t get off on the dreaming all that much, but I can be a pisser of a decision maker
7.gif
Once I have something I usually fall in love for good though... I''m very loyal lol

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2007 8:01:17 PM
Author: Cehrabehra
#1 on my wishlist is a 3000 square foot house on half an acre in san diego county :D with a pool ;-)

I want a 5mm (min) IRB D StrBlue and I have no idea what I want to do with it but I know I want it LOL Probably a pendant!

I also want a bracelet that has little bezel set diamonds dangling from it... one for every year of marriage or something like that - so that they dangle down like a charm bracelet but not *that* low... kinda like in the DBTY except dangling around my wrist - and I''d want it to be something I could add to every year... I don''t know exactly how the design would work but I''m sure something could be figured out :D Maybe some could dangle longer and have it just random but with non dangling more than say 3/4 inch, maybe 1/2 inch. That might be hard to pull out of my dh''s butt though so someone else can feel free to do this so I may enjoy it!!! I think I''ll get the round though - but probably not until I''m 40 which is only 3.5 years away ::sob:: maybe by then it''ll be bigger than 5mm though haha

ETA: I have to add that really for now #1 on the wishlist is getting my dang stone set!!!!
Really??? I''m not sure how close you want to be to the city, but, have you checked Fallbrook? Or Bonsall? It''s very pretty there and a little rural if that''s your thing. You can surely get 1/2 acre there. There''s also Rancho Santa Fe...If ya wanna spend 4 MM hehe. We looked around in San Diego before we bought in South OC. I just love it there. We have quite a few friends from Carlsbad down into the city and they all love it there.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
The wishlist changes daily. I am ITCHING for a 2+ ct. oval. I''m getting so desperate that I was eyeing a 2.16 I1 H in the database for a while...It was a GIA hehe! I''m not sure how likely that upgrade will be. I guess it depends on how much is left in the diamond fund after we finish the new house and yard. I am also thinking about getting another .6ish pear. I have my original engagement stone and an additional stone set as earrings so I thought it would be nice to have one as a pendant. I also want a diamond band. I haven''t decided if I want a larger 5-7 stone band or full eternity or 7-12 .3-.7 stones.........It all depends on the big oval............If I get that I''ll most likely go with a band of 5 east-west set ovals .10 ea.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like planning and then I really like getting!

I am not sure, I would love a white gold and diamond Cartier dressy watch, the Baignoire maybe, or something rectangular, and I would love pear drops for my diamond studs, and I would love a really nice bracelet and necklace for dressy, not that match, but that look good together...

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
I want to win the lottery. I would take care of my kids' future, our familes' finances, pay off our house and any debts we had, and I'd do some renovations to our house. Casey could take his time finding a new job and I would definitely stay at home. I might still get a cleaning lady. And definitely someone to do the yard.

I've heard that winning a lot of money can be really stressful, though, so that's why it fits into the category of the wanting maybe being more fun than having.

ETA: In the realm of reality, we have a lot of cosmetic work to do to the house. My biggest wish is to get that done. We need to finish some tile work and flooring, painting and replacing carpet with either new carpet or hardwoods. I want hardwoods, everyone else wants more carpet, which I know with my family will not stay looking beautiful for long, so I WILL win on this one. Eventually. We also could use some new family room furniture.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmm.

I want to get my concave cut garnets (4 of them) set into a ring, a necklace and earrings.

I want a pair of tahitian pearl and diamond earrings to match my necklace.

I want a nice watch... I like the Movado for Coach copy of the Longines I''ve seen. But I REALLY want a Vacheron Constatine I was on 5th once (HAH)... but that''s not going to happen, probably EVER.

A new setting.

A pair of 1.80 tcw round studs I SI1. And a matching pendant.

A pair of pave huggie earrings too.

OH... and a canary yellow cushion, 3 carats, set into a RHR.

I want my tuqouise ring re-set.

And my grandmother''s ruby set (earrings, ring, and pendant) made into one diamond and ruby necklace.

Not much, huh? LOL.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lumpkin, I will cross my fingers for you
2.gif

I have heard about the not so great aspects of winning a large sum of money, people going through it like water, having people crawl out of the woodwork...I think it could be tough if you do not keep a level head...

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Exactly, Diamondfan. Sounds great in theory....maybe in reality, not so much.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Wish List

Double- or triple-strand pearl bracelet and matching necklace. It''s not on their website, but Quest has one that I love and just did not want to take off. They indulged me for a while but I want it for real!
3.gif

Pearl drop earrings.

Diamond pendant. I can''t decide between a pear or a bezel-set round, so why not both!?
2.gif

Pear sides for my e-ring with minimal bow-ties.

Prong-set sapphire eternity band, like one of Signed Pieces maternity rings.

Tennis bracelet.

And maybe some diamond studs, while I''m at it.

Kaleigh''s asscher RHR or that Cartier beauty.
9.gif
(Hey, it''s a wish list!)

Unfortunately, my want for a down payment trumps all of those. And if I indulged myself, I''d feel bad that it wasn''t in savings -- so the wanting is better right now than the having. Oh well.
1.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2007 11:10:31 PM
Author: Miranda

Date: 1/14/2007 8:01:17 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

I also want a bracelet that has little bezel set diamonds dangling from it... one for every year of marriage or something like that - so that they dangle down like a charm bracelet but not *that* low... kinda like in the DBTY except dangling around my wrist - and I''d want it to be something I could add to every year... I don''t know exactly how the design would work but I''m sure something could be figured out :D Maybe some could dangle longer and have it just random but with non dangling more than say 3/4 inch, maybe 1/2 inch. That might be hard to pull out of my dh''s butt though so someone else can feel free to do this so I may enjoy it!!! I think I''ll get the round though - but probably not until I''m 40 which is only 3.5 years away ::sob:: maybe by then it''ll be bigger than 5mm though haha

Really??? I''m not sure how close you want to be to the city, but, have you checked Fallbrook? Or Bonsall? It''s very pretty there and a little rural if that''s your thing. You can surely get 1/2 acre there. There''s also Rancho Santa Fe...If ya wanna spend 4 MM hehe. We looked around in San Diego before we bought in South OC. I just love it there. We have quite a few friends from Carlsbad down into the city and they all love it there.
His family is in el cajon and there''s no flippin'' way in hell I''m living there (sorry to offend if anyone is from there lol) Right now we''re thinking of around poway.... not quite so far out as fallbrook and bonsall but boy you can get some seriously nice houses up there!!! We''re used to not having a commute though (5 minutes!) so I''d sacrifice some house *bling* for closer proximity and he''s in tech so its a good chance he''ll be around mira mesa or santee.... though there''s also a good chance of it being more toward irvine.... which isn''t ideal but it''s a heck of a lot closer than oregon is!!!!! I don''t want rural, I just want a pool AND a yard and most newer houses require you to choose lol I''m hoping we can live in the hills above poway high.... but it depends on how much we make on this housing development thing we''re working right now... and how much of that we decide to invest in a house. We''re bound and determined to move next year though, I hope so!!! We''ve been gone WAY too long!! It''s been 17 years this summer since he moved away from home and joined the military.... wow....... weird how it seems so long for him to have been moved away but being married 16 years this summer is like - eh LOL

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2007 12:02:17 AM
Author: Gypsy
Hmm.

I want to get my concave cut garnets (4 of them) set into a ring, a necklace and earrings.

I want a pair of tahitian pearl and diamond earrings to match my necklace.

I want a nice watch... I like the Movado for Coach copy of the Longines I''ve seen. But I REALLY want a Vacheron Constatine I was on 5th once (HAH)... but that''s not going to happen, probably EVER.

A new setting.

A pair of 1.80 tcw round studs I SI1. And a matching pendant.

A pair of pave huggie earrings too.

OH... and a canary yellow cushion, 3 carats, set into a RHR.

I want my tuqouise ring re-set.

And my grandmother''s ruby set (earrings, ring, and pendant) made into one diamond and ruby necklace.

Not much, huh? LOL.
do you have pics of these as they are as well as the turquoise????? please!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I think wanting is more fun than having. I LOVE planning for new things, but once I get it, I lose interest and want something else. Not necessarily something better.. just something different, whether it''s jewelry, clothes/shoes, job, boyfriend. Haha.. kidding about the bf, but everything else is true!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2007 12:03:05 AM
Author: diamondfan
Lumpkin, I will cross my fingers for you
2.gif

I have heard about the not so great aspects of winning a large sum of money, people going through it like water, having people crawl out of the woodwork...I think it could be tough if you do not keep a level head...
yeah - I never (honestly) wanted to win like 100 million bucks... but it would be great to win one million - the whole thing after taxes would just get put into a house and there''d be nothing "left" to shell out to anyone.... dh would still work, everything else would be the same except we''d get to keep more of our money every month because of lower or non-existent house payments etc. just have a real kickbutt house!! hehe

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I would love to win the lottery.. then I wouldn''t feel so guilty about wanting to switch careers every year like I''m doing right now. If I had 100M just lying around, I could afford to be fickle!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2007 4:23:43 PM
Author: kcoursolle

Date: 1/14/2007 12:29:00 PM
Author: Ellen
Is that all???!! LOL
Yup.
9.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2007 7:39:50 PM
Author: Skippy123

I want to upgrade my 1.50 round brilliant to a 2 carat. If I get a good raise and if I find a good price on a 2 carat then i will upgrade.

Okay, Ellen sweetie here you go. This is my work computer screen saver right now. I love it!!!
30.gif

*wiping drool off chin with my sleeve*

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
A bit off topic but already mentioed here, lottery. Did you all hear about that guy who won over $300 million in a lump sum payment is now BROKE?? HOw the heck can someone do that?

This guy kept losing suitcaes of several hundred thousand by leaving them in his truck parked outside a bar. He did that more than once. He gambled away a ton too.

They should require fincancial responsibility courses before they hand out that money.

I told my husband, my gosh, If I had $300 million, I would put it in some super super safe interest account and NEVER touch the principal. Even at a mealy 5.5 percent interest, that would produce $16.5 million dollars income a year without EVER dipping into the $300 millon! And With an income of $16.5 million, I could give 10 million to charity every single year, and then support my family on a meager 6.5 million income a year. I think we could afford a decent house and some luxories on 6.5 million a year LOL. OK it would be less after taxes of couse but I still think it would be plenty!!

Can you even imagine, that much money, you could give away over 10 miilion a year, live on 6 million a year and NEVER NEVER dip into the 300 million pot.

Not to even mention the amazement of coupound interest of money not withdrawn growing and growing.

You hear these stories of lottery winners pissing it all away and its heartbreaking for them. If they invested it carefully they would be set for life.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I'm such a "simple" gal...my list is quite short....

3 ct cushion upgrade
2ctw studs
Chopard Happy Sport watch...

Just those three little odds and ends
9.gif

Oh, I'd totally take lump sum- present value of $.... :)

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2007 12:35:09 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Date: 1/15/2007 8:57:04 AM
Author: asscherisme
A bit off topic but already mentioed here, lottery. Did you all hear about that guy who won over $300 million in a lump sum payment is now BROKE?? HOw the heck can someone do that?

This guy kept losing suitcaes of several hundred thousand by leaving them in his truck parked outside a bar. He did that more than once. He gambled away a ton too.

They should require fincancial responsibility courses before they hand out that money.

I told my husband, my gosh, If I had $300 million, I would put it in some super super safe interest account and NEVER touch the principal. Even at a mealy 5.5 percent interest, that would produce $16.5 million dollars income a year without EVER dipping into the $300 millon! And With an income of $16.5 million, I could give 10 million to charity every single year, and then support my family on a meager 6.5 million income a year. I think we could afford a decent house and some luxories on 6.5 million a year LOL. OK it would be less after taxes of couse but I still think it would be plenty!!

Can you even imagine, that much money, you could give away over 10 miilion a year, live on 6 million a year and NEVER NEVER dip into the 300 million pot.

Not to even mention the amazement of coupound interest of money not withdrawn growing and growing.

You hear these stories of lottery winners pissing it all away and its heartbreaking for them. If they invested it carefully they would be set for life.
This is SO COMMON among those who win huge amounts. And WHY would you take a lump sum? I''d rather have it spread over 20 years.. Its terrible.. but typical.
I''d take lump sum - if you do like asscherisme said above you can make more money drawing interest on it.... besides, there have been winners who took the installments and ended up in so much debt they sold their instalments to a company to pay off debt ending up with nothing.

I think that those who spend the most on lottery tickets don''t have a good sense of money anyway.

There''s no good reason to buy more than one per drawing for example. your odds go up *astronomically* if you buy ONE but relatively not much if you buy 2 or 20 or 100. Your odds of winning if you don''t buy one are zero, so buying one makes sense.... but buying a thousand?, it isn''t worth the odds. Generally the people who are good at money aren''t playing the odds on lotteries anyway.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope you don''t mind me joining in
1.gif

Wish List

.80 ct RB Engagement ring

Tissot Watch: http://www.ernestjones.co.uk/webstore/detail/R/4305078/N/65+115/?No=144

Pink Sapphire ring

I am getting the E-ring in March and the Watch for my birthday in May. Not sure about the Sapphire ring but I hope its not a long way off.

Not a lot to ask there lol......

Maisie

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results