shape
carat
color
clarity

the wanting is more fun than the having? what''s on your wishlist?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maisie, of course you may!!!

Hoping your sparkley comes soon!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thankyou Diamondfan! Its great to feel welcome
9.gif

Vegasangel that pendant is really lovely. I say go for it!!!

Maisie

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2007 1:01:48 AM
Author: Cehrabehra

Date: 1/15/2007 12:02:17 AM
Author: Gypsy
Hmm.

I want to get my concave cut garnets (4 of them) set into a ring, a necklace and earrings.

I want a pair of tahitian pearl and diamond earrings to match my necklace.

I want a nice watch... I like the Movado for Coach copy of the Longines I''ve seen. But I REALLY want a Vacheron Constatine I was on 5th once (HAH)... but that''s not going to happen, probably EVER.

A new setting.

A pair of 1.80 tcw round studs I SI1. And a matching pendant.

A pair of pave huggie earrings too.

OH... and a canary yellow cushion, 3 carats, set into a RHR.

I want my tuqouise ring re-set.

And my grandmother''s ruby set (earrings, ring, and pendant) made into one diamond and ruby necklace.

Not much, huh? LOL.
do you have pics of these as they are as well as the turquoise????? please!
I don''t Cehra. And my camera is just terrible. I can describe them though.

My turquise is an oval its probably about 8mm by 11mm and its a persian turqouise in a vivid (not washed out) hue. Its set in a halo, but it was done overseas and the melee are various colors (from G-H to L-M) and set poorly into the ring. It''s 18K WG.

My grandmother''s set was from when she was a young woman so its delicate (although still chunky for me) ... the rubies are a dark pinky-red. The earrings are each made up of 4 marquise set into a flower with some small melee in 20 carat YG. The pendant is another flower thing-- I don''t recall whether the petals or the center of the heart are made up of rubies... also set in 20 carat YG with melee. The ring is ugly. Flat out. It has two rubies one larger oval and one smaller set with melee in this swirly abstract design. Overall I remember that it was 8 marquise, 2 ovals between the earrings and ring... and then some ruby in the pendant. The melee/ pave is dirty though and old and in the YG I can''t tell its quality.

I''d like to get the whole thing set into a chain ... almost like Tiffany''s Damonds by the Yard. Alternating diamonds with the marquise rubies and doing a nice pendant with the ovals to go on it as an enhancer.

colorkitty

Shiny_Rock
Earlier today, by accident, I discovered that my husband did order me that diamond ring (shhhh-- don''t tell me that I know; it''s a surprise!). Since that was pretty much my 2007 goals I guess I''m more or less sans project for the rest of the year, but of course so excited to be getting an anniversary ring.

One thing on my wishlist is figuring out why I don''t have access to the personal section of ps and can''t change my avatar.

Does anyone find that they just don''t wear their jewelry as much as they thought they would? I''m trying to figure out a wishlist philosophy. Do I want everything I want, or just things I feel like I can''t live without? I was watching the movie The Breakup and Anniston''s character said don''t buy a piece of art you don''t absolutely feel you need and I thought that was a good take on it. I only wear a piece other than my wedding ring maybe once or twice a week. So I want a pear shaped diamond pendant, but do I really *want* it? KWIM?

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/15/2007 3:22:24 PM
Author: colorkitty
Earlier today, by accident, I discovered that my husband did order me that diamond ring (shhhh-- don''t tell me that I know; it''s a surprise!). Since that was pretty much my 2007 goals I guess I''m more or less sans project for the rest of the year, but of course so excited to be getting an anniversary ring.

One thing on my wishlist is figuring out why I don''t have access to the personal section of ps and can''t change my avatar.

Does anyone find that they just don''t wear their jewelry as much as they thought they would? I''m trying to figure out a wishlist philosophy. Do I want everything I want, or just things I feel like I can''t live without? I was watching the movie The Breakup and Anniston''s character said don''t buy a piece of art you don''t absolutely feel you need and I thought that was a good take on it. I only wear a piece other than my wedding ring maybe once or twice a week. So I want a pear shaped diamond pendant, but do I really *want* it? KWIM?
Yes, & this reason why I cant bring myself to buy the pendant. I really want it though it would represent my husband, daughter & I.... I dont even wear the jewelry I have. Honestly, 99% of time I dont wear my wedding ring. I''m lucky if I remember to put it on before leaving the house. What''s crazy to me is I love cleaning my jewelry, I love looking at it but why the heck wont I put it on? Just like having it I guess.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
I endure the "WANTING", but I ADORE the "HAVING"!!!
9.gif

I want one of those Etienne Perret starlight bands... maybe 4mm... polished platinum finish... multi-colored diamonds... OH YUUUUMMMM!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

That''s all for now. That''s not so much, is it, sir? Sir????
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2007 3:22:24 PM
Author: colorkitty

If you message admin, they can fix your access problem. I had the same problem and that''s why I didn''t change my avatar for so long.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
about the guy who won the 300 million dollar lottery, i think in taking the lump sum payout that he ended up with 113 million. not that that isn''t a ridiculous amount of money to waste away.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I''d take the lump sum alright, but since I don''t buy tickets, I won''t be having that problem!

Jewelry wish list...

Well, my major desires for diamonds have been recently met with the new rings and studs.

I LOVE sapphires in many colors and may do a RHR project, but I am a little worried that I rarely wear a RHR. But maybe I would if I had a ring that I really loved.

I want a beautiful small antique cross from someone like Tacori (not positive yet if they make them but I am checking).

I also wouldn''t mind a DBY necklace.

I might get some diamond hoops or even some nice white gold ones without diamonds.

If I can find one of the above that is not too expensive, I might send it to hubby as a hint for Valentine''s Day.
1.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lump Sum... on the rare instances when we do buy lottery tickets DH and I disagree on whether or not to do lump sum or annuity. I want lump sum, he wants anniuty.

So... either way.
If it were a LOT of money...
I have a custom home I''ve designed... floor plan, exterior, and all of the exterior have been planned down to the type of marble in the rooms. It''s got a ''cat room'' designed specifically for the cats we have-- plus the additional 4 we''d add to the bunch... and a dog room for Sheila and an additional cat-friendly pooch. I would want to make that dream a reality. It''s about a 5-7M dollar house depending on where it was built-- I would probably want to move out of CA, to somewhere with a lower cost of living (not hard as long as I stay out of Manhattan).
I would buy us two new cars, both hybrids.

Then we''d open an animal shelter. Similar to the one in NJ I loved to volunteer at. And a business of some sort attached to the shelter to help make money for it.

As for fantasy bling? Don''t even get me started on that 4- 6 carat Royal Asscher I saw in Walnut creek... it was a J ... I''d want an H or I... but it was BEAUTIFUL! I want three of them. Both ears, a pendant and a RHR. It would only cost me about 500K. Which I probably couldn''t justify even with 100+ million. I could justify 2 carat RA studs and a 4 carat pendant though.
11.gif
Maybe.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2007 8:22:28 PM

As for fantasy bling? Don''t even get me started on that 4- 6 carat Royal Asscher I saw in Walnut creek... it was a J ... I''d want an H or I... but it was BEAUTIFUL! I want three of them. Both ears, a pendant and a RHR. It would only cost me about 500K. Which I probably couldn''t justify even with 100+ million. I could justify 2 carat RA studs and a 4 carat pendant though.
11.gif
Maybe.
dh ruined my fantasy... I said, if you had bill gates'' money, you''d indulge me in insane diamond fantasy - right? to which he said I dunno, even if I had that kind of money there''s still better things to do with it and people around the world that could use help. Ugh....

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i don't know...for me...sometimes the wanting is better than the having. but sometimes having is better than wanting.
5.gif

i've learned that as much as i love looking at beautiful jewelry and thinking i want this or that or whatever, but in reality i don't wear much jewelry. sure if we were rich and had some sort of posh lifestyle where i'd wear tons of jewels all the time, it'd be fun to get some crazy stuff. but in reality...nah!! same with something like bags or purses...i love thinking about them or daydreaming but i really only need one or two great ones. hehee.

i also really love the anticipation of planning to get something, saving for it or waiting til i have the money or whatever. it really makes it that much sweeter for me. i would not be as keen on just going out and buying super expensive items just because i could....i think i would 'appreciate' it less, that's just my personality. i could totally be an impulsive shopper, i am now in some ways but not on big ticket items..hehee. i think i definitely have a softer spot for things i've had to really work for or wait for or similar. hehe.

my wish list overall...well a larger stone for my e-ring, lol...like a 4c or something crazy. i would wear that even if i schlepped around in sweats 24/7. hehee. i'd love a big honkin pair of diamond earrings. like 1.5c each. a 1.5c pendant solitaire. i am coveting a 2c thin line diamond bracelet. i like the idea of some diamond bangles too. rings...no more than what i have most likely...since i already have a few right hand rings, and i never wear them!! i like thinking about other rings but i just don't wear them!! i also am thinking about a 5 stone DBY 16" necklace.

what is realistic? welll...the 5 stone DBY pendant. the solitaire pendant but more like .75c. the 2c thin line diamond bracelet. that's about it for now....within the next year or two anyway, lol!! the 4c...someday? never?

E B

Ideal_Rock
These are all realistic, though the last isn't for 2007! (2008?
41.gif
)

My wedding band

A .40-.50ct bezel set pendant (palladium), J/SI1

A friend for Sally

A 3 bedroom, 2.5 bathroom cottage (or craftsman, or colonial) with a large fenced-in backyard and deck

The first two are really the only I can think of, jewelry wise. I've never worn much jewelry and I'll never ask for diamond studs...I lose earrings WAY too easily. Maybe I'll keep my eye out for several good pairs of fakeys.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah well. Four 6 carat Royal Asscher is obscene. I know in reality I wouldn't be able to do it. I agree with your DH's statement too much to be able to do that. For myself. BUT if I won over 100 million:

But what I forgot to add is the bling I'd buy my family!
11.gif

I would get my mother a 3-4 carat canary diamond (she LOVES yellow), I forget what 'top color' yellow is (as its too vivid for me, I like mellower canary diamonds) but that's what I would get her... eye clean SI or VS2.... probably a round or an oval ... for spread. I would make it a three stone RHR if its a round with Pear sides... or set with hald moons if its an oval... with F color side stones set in platinum but with a YG head for the Canary-- by Leon. I would also get her a matching 3 carat pendant on a DBY chain (but with G-H for the White diamonds) and 3 tcw studs with canary drop enhancers.

For my eldest aunt I would buy... a square Hearts and Arrows from GOG-- G-I color eyeclean SI ... around 3 carats, set into a Jack K halo setting. I would also get her some diamond chandelier earrings. MAJOR bling.

My grandmother would get ring with as much bling as tasefully possible with a LARGE Emerald in it (My grandmother likes A LOT of, frankly obnoxious, bling). Same with the necklace. Same with the earrings. AND a matching bracelet.
20.gif

For my youngest aunt... who has one of the ickiest 5 carat diamonds I have ever seen... a LARGE perfectly cut sapphire set into Beaudry type setting (by Maytal). With sapphire and diamond chandelier earrings.

For FMIL I would get: Diamond studs tcw 3 carats with ruby enhancers H-I color SI. A RHR with a 'pigeons blood' ruby in it... Pokey Special style by by Leon (she's got delicate hands and loves delicate jewelry) And a matching pendant on a DBY chain.

AND for FI's sisters: diamond studs tcw 2 carats. H-I color SI. Withenhancers: Eldest: Canary diamond pear drop enhancers. Middle: White diamond pear drop enhancer. Youngest: A nice fancy brown drop diamond enhancer.

Maybe 1.5 carat pendants for each of them too.

Date: 1/15/2007 8:29:12 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

Date: 1/15/2007 8:22:28 PM

As for fantasy bling? Don't even get me started on that 4- 6 carat Royal Asscher I saw in Walnut creek... it was a J ... I'd want an H or I... but it was BEAUTIFUL! I want three of them. Both ears, a pendant and a RHR. It would only cost me about 500K. Which I probably couldn't justify even with 100+ million. I could justify 2 carat RA studs and a 4 carat pendant though.
11.gif
Maybe.
dh ruined my fantasy... I said, if you had bill gates' money, you'd indulge me in insane diamond fantasy - right? to which he said I dunno, even if I had that kind of money there's still better things to do with it and people around the world that could use help. Ugh....

velvetfist

Rough_Rock
Hi!
35.gif
I''m a new poster (have been lurking forever)... and I want to play too.

My dream wishlist:

ACA 3-prong tennis bracelet (love the Tiffany Victoria clasp) OR/and Cartier white gold Love bracelet with diamonds (I just love the idea behind it, and the fitted-ness of the bangles. Most regular bangles annoy me at my deskwork)
some sort of dangly diamond earrings. I''m not quite a stud girl.
anything Leon Mege (dream RHRs galore)
some sort of automatic-movement ladies watch w/ diamonds on the dial, and date-marker (Rolex?) It''s a dream to have just one awesome watch to wear all the time... if not, then fashion (quartz) watches I love include: a Hermes Medor in black leather/white gold, a Cartier La Dona in white gold w/diamonds, or the Cartier Roadster w/pink dial

Probable list:

will get loose black freshwater pearls (that I bought in Asia) strung, finally
will get passed down, wg 5-stone diamond prong-set ring sized. The wg has warmed up in color though... might need to have it re-dipped. (This has defnintely turned me into a platinum admirer.)

I have an old Tiffany solitare pendant that I don''t wear much b/c the chain is a bit short for me... been thinking about lengthening it. However, it''s nice to have shorter when I want to do a layered necklace look (which I dont'' do that often either, b/c the chains get tangled up if I sleep in it). They quoted $40 for 2 more inches- it''s a regular platinum chain. I have no idea if that''s reasonable.

I think i''ve fulfilled most of my silver jewelry desires... and i''m very content to have them. :)

I need to get an US jewelry cleaner too!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wanting is part of the fun! But ulimately I'd rather HAVE! hehe. Here's my wish list....very pie-in-the-sky!!!

* Alexandrite ring, preferably antique
* Antique wedding ring with OMC stone
* Emerald or asscher-cut eternity band
* Vertically set baguette channel-set eternity band
* 3 cttw ACA diamond studs
* A $5,000 gift certificate to the jewelry department at Neiman's!
11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results