shape
carat
color
clarity

The wait is almost over! What a great ride! =)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cinna

Shiny_Rock
9.gif

My e-ring is due to be delivered in thirty minutes by Fed-Ex to my FI who is working from home today to recieve it. Then he gets to propose sometime this weekend! Although I think it's late tonight since we're taking it to the appraisers very early tomm morning and I get to see it anyway. We shall see! I feel a calm excitement now, instead of the anxious excitement I've been feeling for the past six months or so. Although the last week or two I've been jumping out of my seat to check every single email alert on my phone... and I still am doing it (bad habit formed now?)

The process has been a long and weary journey but what a great one! Not sad to see it coming to an end though... well maybe a little. Buying a setting at a B&M store, finding PS which has been my haven, 3 more months to find the perfect diamond, returning the initial setting because I found a perfect one at BGD, two more months to find the perfect setting, 6 more weeks to get it set since they were backordered. All that time spent in excitement (minus all the stress)= priceless.
1.gif

Lesley has been a saint when dealing with me over the last 2 months. I'd email her all hours of the day and call her during business hours and her replies were so punctual (even VERY late at night), like I was one of the only projects they were working on! Believe me, I'm not easy to deal with, calling almost every other day with a billion questions and worries... everything worked for the best. I'm so excited, although for some reason less excited than I've been all of 2010. It's like a dull roar of excitement! She said it's absolutely beautiful, and asked for hand pictures (which I can't wait!) and I am inclined to believe her jewlery judgement since there are so many stunning pieces of work they see everyday!

I am planning on making a couple other purchases from BGD in the very near future (like next week or so). Already in the midst of wedding planning, have a 98& firm date of our wedding date late this year, the venue booked, etc. Although we have been fighting over small things and then all lovey-dovey. Very hot and cold instead of the way I hear other people are: all lovely dovey.

EDIT: (while I was still writing this post) Ten minutes ago I saw the email for fed-ex delivered and called him immediately. Fed ex left it on the doorstep without getting a signature, so he had no idea until I called him. Bowled over my VP in the process of trying to get outside to privately call him. Made him open the bags and boxes as I was shaking in excitement (I could hear him open it!) He's like So many boxes in boxes! And then silence. "WOW. It's Amazing." He had a teleconference in like thrity seconds so he's going to call me right after. I can hardly contain my excitement! My good co-worker said to breathe and jokingly asked if I'm engaged soon or something! I couldn't deny while cheesing so hard so I've sworn him to secrecy.

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
I''m very excited for you! Have a fantastic weekend (how could you not?), and enjoy your new ring. :)

legallyspoiled

Shiny_Rock
Yay Cinna!

I can only imagine how you are feeling right now. (Insert cartwheels here.)

p.s. I hope you apologized to your VP!
2.gif

dawnabee

Shiny_Rock
Congrats!!! I''m so relieved and happy for you

Cinna

Shiny_Rock
I just felt like shouting it to the world (Or the PS equivalent) because I need to get some work done today
12.gif
I'm so giddy to get home!

Thank you so much KittyGoLightly (Adorable Name btw, the theme song is just flowing through my head right now), Legally (You're next!!) and Dawnabee! (Love your avvy!)

Haha, yeah. My VP was very startled asking "Where's the fire??" I wanted to respond "IN MY HEART!"
3.gif

The FI called back acting all non-chalant and completely ignored the exsistance of the ring, only to feign surprise that I'll be seeing him after church service tonight. His mother stopped by and saw the ring. Her words were that it was amazing and that it looks so/ too expensive! Not sure how to take that since she didn't agree with him spending that much money on the ring.

I asked him to send me a couple pictures to quell my curiousity.. but he said it isn't coming out right in pictures so I just have to wait.
39.gif

LadyJane83

Shiny_Rock
Awwww I love it! I''m so excited for you, you will have to post pics, I love emeralds and hardly ever see them on here!

Love your comment that you were "cheesin." I know exactly what you mean. Congrats!
1.gif

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
now you have me all dying to see your ring, hehehe. Which setting did you go with?

GOOD LUCK!

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
awwww.. I''m so excited for you as I''m waiting for mine also.
30.gif

Can''t wait to see your ring and your hand shot!

Cinna

Shiny_Rock
Ladies,
9.gif
it’s happening tonight. Knew he wouldn’t be able to wait. From 5:30-7:00 pm. Although I look HORRIBLE right now. No makeup, awful clothes, glasses instead of contacts, etc. I thought I could get home before going out and look nice today but no such luck… unless I want it later this weekend. I asked him if we could go to the mall after so I can get some makeup on and he said okay but I don’t think he cares how I look when I propose.

So I think I'm okay with looking bad during the proposal than waiting until tommorow. I think it's worth the tradeoff!

p.s. I think I'm a party pooper at heart. I ruin a lot of my own surprises.

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
Aw. :)

You won''t care what your makeup looks like either as soon as you see your ring. You''ll be too distracted by the shiny!!!
2.gif

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
That''s funny that you know exactly when your proposal will happen. It is very business-like :)

I wouldn''t worry about how you look. I had similar concerns the day I got engaged. I had an inkling my fiance was going to propose to me because he was acting kind of funny and a little nervous and trying so hard to make plans for a perfect evening. My eyes were killing me that day, but I kept my contacts in just in case (I always feel less attractive when I wear my glasses). After I had been at his house a couple hours, I couldn''t take it anymore, so I asked him if he minded if I took my contacts out. He said something like, "Of course not, why would you ask that?" I took that to mean that the proposal wasn''t going to happen after all, so I texted my sister and said "Not happening tonight. He didn''t mind that I took out my contacts." But I was wrong, he proposed to me glasses and all. My sis let it slip that I had sent her that text, and he thought I was crazy for even thinking that :)

Good luck tonight. I hope you have a wonderful evening.

legallyspoiled

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/16/2010 2:07:30 PM
Author: Cinna
Ladies,
9.gif
it’s happening tonight. Knew he wouldn’t be able to wait. From 5:30-7:00 pm. Although I look HORRIBLE right now. No makeup, awful clothes, glasses instead of contacts, etc. I thought I could get home before going out and look nice today but no such luck… unless I want it later this weekend. I asked him if we could go to the mall after so I can get some makeup on and he said okay but I don’t think he cares how I look when I propose.

So I think I''m okay with looking bad during the proposal than waiting until tommorow. I think it''s worth the tradeoff!

p.s. I think I''m a party pooper at heart. I ruin a lot of my own surprises.

Between 5:30 and 7:00pm huh? lol. You better not ever talk about me again! You''ve got it bad girly. Best of luck to you guys tonight. You''ll look great. Just stop by a drug store and buy some mascara and lip gloss. GOOD LUCK!

35.gif

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
awww.. let us know how it goes. :) I''m sure he thinks you look pretty no matter what.

Cinna

Shiny_Rock
I am seriously like this>
9.gif

Tried booking a manicure but EVERYTHING is booked in DC until late tonight. He accidentallyt said to me "We are not going anywhere." I said What? And he goes "Uh, forget I said anything! Just forget I said it!"
20.gif
Seriously... he cannot keep any secrets
4.gif

KittyGoLightly: I hope so, and I guess it all works out because if I cry, then I'll ruin my makeup anyway.

MonkeyPrincess: lol, yeah. It always seems that way. I feel the same way but in the end, I'm sure glasses is the last thing I'll remeber in the future. Thank you!

Legally: He's just too silly! We don't see each other on Fridays until late at night but he keeps insisting that he needs to see me during dinner time today before and not to worry about how I look since we're not taking any photos. I mean.. Come on!
3.gif

Date: 4/16/2010 3:02:22 PM
Author: beezygal
awww.. let us know how it goes. :) I'm sure he thinks you look pretty no matter what.
... He better! *Shaking fist menacingly!*
27.gif

Man.. I am just spewing out these emoticons! (Guess it's because I'm so emotional!) Thanks everyone for your support!
21.gif

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck and post photos!!!

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
how exciting! I loved reading your post because I could just feel your happiness :) I can''t wait for photos

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!! (And look luck finding a place to get a mani, though I''m sure your new rock will distract anyone from paying attention to your nails.)

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your excitement is lovely! I never had a proper proposal so I love reading that other people are getting one! I have to say that I am a bit freaked out that Fedex left the package on the doorstep! Good thing it didn't get stolen.

I can't wait to read about your proposal.
36.gif

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh Cinna im so sad i missed this
6.gif
36.gif
9.gif
this is so exciting...so its been done then? where is our thread please
36.gif
30.gif

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
spill the beans cinna!!!

3.gif

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How exciting!! So are you engaged?
31.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Where are the pics
2.gif

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
i''m anxious to know the details.
12.gif

Cinna

Shiny_Rock
Oh my goodness Ladies! It's been a whirlwind of a weekend!

At around 6:05-6:10? it happened. After picking me up, he presented me with my favorite flowers, then he took me to three of our first date spots and the entire time, he was ridiculously nervous and acting totally weird. (I'm horrible! I made it extremely difficult for him!) Like when he was taking me to go eat at our first date spot, I was like... I'm really not in the mood to eat that... can we go to XXX instead? And he was like NO! We have to go there!
12.gif
On the second out of third date spot, he asked me to close my eyes and slipped on the ring.

There wasn't any sunlight but it is still SO AMAZING! BEAUTIFUL ring. I cannot praise BGD anymore than I already have. So much care has gone into it! It's like it was made by magical diamond ring fairies!!!

I took a bunch of pictures with my camera phone but am failing to capture the true beauty of it, I'll try to post at least one or two. (AWFUL picture warning.)

It feels so natural to have it on my finger... like it always belonged there. (I'm terrified I might have DSS already because it doesn't have as much finger coverage as I was expecting for it's carat weight. But I still LOVE it.)

p.s. LadyJane! Where are those pictures you promised?
5.gif

pspspspsps.jpg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats Cinna! I was thinking about you on Friday.
19.gif

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats Cinna! It sounds like an absolutely wonderful proposal and the ring is delicious!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your engagement!!!! What a beautiful ring!!!! May you two have a long and happy life together!!!!
36.gif

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Cinna congrats
36.gif
the ring is gorgeous
30.gif
and i cant wait for more pics!!

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so happy for you!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results