shape
carat
color
clarity

The Van Cleef exhibit has been extended to July 4

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Van Cleef excibit at the Cooper Hewitt museum in NYC has been extended to July 4. I saw it yesterday, and it's well worth the trip. They have some of the most beautiful things I've ever seen.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ooo, thanks for the reminder, Mme. B! I've been meaning to go and postponing it: methinks I'll have to make the trip next week!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Circe, did you go? I'm trying to convince my friend that I'm staying with to go with me next weekend.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
princesss|1306197176|2928681 said:
Circe, did you go? I'm trying to convince my friend that I'm staying with to go with me next weekend.

I did indeed! The exhibition is lovely - some gorgeous examples of VC&A's early pieces, and it's very nicely arranged. The Cooper-Hewitt is a gorgeous museum - their cafe garden is delightful, so if you go, leave yourself some time for tea. One thing that surprised me and left me sort of depressed was that I was the youngest person there by thirty years (seriously). Don't "young people" go to museums anymore? Buy/have an interest in jewelry? What?

P.S. - They have an interactive iPad thing going on that I thought was a complete waste of time (but, I'm a Luddite and I've always loathed being read to, ever since I was a little girl - it's what motivated me to learn to read!).

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Madam, I will be sure to go and see it when we are there this June. I am sure my 21 and 14 year old boys will be thrilled :naughty:but it sounds great!~

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results