shape
carat
color
clarity

The Trumpet 1-5-2017

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The liar-elect keeps on keepin' on. You're traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land of imagination. Next stop, the Twilight Zone!
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-tweets-hes-a-big-fan-of-intelligence-as-congress-begins-russia-hacking-probe_us_586e5951e4b0c8575a775957

It's the media who is twisting his words. After all, he didn't agree with Assange. Dear me no, he just "simply" stated what Assange states. No fact checking, that would be inconvenient. Just parrot someone else. Polly want a cracker? Polly want a cracker? Yes, Polly wants a big big cracker. "The media lies to make it look like I am against "Intelligence" when in fact I am a big fan!" Poor Cheeto. All those vids of him slamming US intelligence during the campaign must have been hacked and altered by someone. Maybe Assange can identify the perps so Cheeto can add them to his enemies list.

So now we have even more reason to be hopeful yes? More reason to give him a chance because not only is the Cheeto-elect a liar, he simply repeats what others say on Twitter for all the world to see without regard for accuracy and unconcerned about his effect on the security and safety of the US. And let's not overlook the insults he keep hurling at people such as "head clown Chuck Schumer" while urging reps and dems to work together on an affordable health care plan. Name-calling is the new way to build consensus.

lying_trump.jpg

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata|1483634683|4112623 said:
The liar-elect keeps on keepin' on. You're traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land of imagination. Next stop, the Twilight Zone!
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-tweets-hes-a-big-fan-of-intelligence-as-congress-begins-russia-hacking-probe_us_586e5951e4b0c8575a775957

It's the media who is twisting his words. After all, he didn't agree with Assange. Dear me no, he just "simply" stated what Assange states. No fact checking, that would be inconvenient. Just parrot someone else. Polly want a cracker? Polly want a cracker? Yes, Polly wants a big big cracker. "The media lies to make it look like I am against "Intelligence" when in fact I am a big fan!" Poor Cheeto. All those vids of him slamming US intelligence during the campaign must have been hacked and altered by someone. Maybe Assange can identify the perps so Cheeto can add them to his enemies list.

So now we have even more reason to be hopeful yes? More reason to give him a chance because not only is the Cheeto-elect a liar, he simply repeats what others say on Twitter for all the world to see without regard for accuracy and unconcerned about his effect on the security and safety of the US. And let's not overlook the insults he keep hurling at people such as "head clown Chuck Schumer" while urging reps and dems to work together on an affordable health care plan. Name-calling is the new way to build consensus.

LOL! We may be in a post truth twilight zone, it's true (is that even a concept anymore?). Unfortunately, we're also in a post only-those-who-were-there-remember-what-I-said-so-prove-it world. It's all on video, all the time. Trump's inability to have consistent and genuinely held positions instead of what he thinks is the best position to take depending on the humidity, should be put on endless loop.

E B

Ideal_Rock

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:rolleyes:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1483638854|4112643 said:
The Dems. are still in shock that HC lost the election. TBH, so is the rest of whole world.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
hmm this one is so far out there in leftist field I can't think of one comment....

E B

Ideal_Rock
What ARE your thoughts on Trump and Russia, red, DF and Karl? Why do you think he's so reluctant to accept the findings of 17 intelligence committees? It's good to have a healthy amount of skepticism, sure, but he won't even write intelligence without putting it in quotes (I'll ignore the obvious joke, here). What's going on there, you think? Honest question(s).

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Intelligence Chief Criticizes ‘Disparagement’ of Findings on Russian Hacking

WASHINGTON — The nation’s top intelligence official, in a comment aimed at President-elect Donald J. Trump, said on Thursday that there was a difference between expressing “skepticism” of intelligence reports that Russia interfered with the American election and “disparagement” of the intelligence community.

The official, James R. Clapper Jr., the director of national intelligence, was testifying at a hearing of the Senate Armed Services Committee, where Republicans and Democrats defended Mr. Clapper and others just as Mr. Trump has questioned foreign involvement.

Other highlights from the hearing:

■ Intelligence officials said Julian Assange, the WikiLeaks founder, should not be given credibility.

■ Senator Lindsey Graham accused President Obama of throwing a “pebble” at the Russians. He said he would use a “rock.”

■ The Russian practice of planting “fake news” was an election-year propaganda tactic that remains in use, Mr. Clapper said.
...​

Pebbles or rocks?

Mr. Graham, Republican of South Carolina, asked Mr. Clapper if the intelligence community was prepared for “being challenged” by the president-elect at a briefing on Friday. “Are you ready for the task?” Mr. Graham asked. “I think so,” Mr. Clapper said dryly, adding that he and his colleagues were glad to be challenged and ready to explain their views.

Mr. Graham said the Obama administration had lobbed mere “pebbles” at Russia in retaliation for the interference. “When it comes to interfering with our election, we better be ready to throw rocks,” he said.

Mr. Graham also made clear that Republicans could well become the target of cyberattacks next time. “Could it be Republicans next election?” he said. “It’s not like we’re so much better at cybersecurity than Democrats.”

Link...http://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/05/us/politics/armed-services-committee-john-mccain-russia-hacking.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=a-lede-package-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1483641777|4112653 said:
redwood66|1483638854|4112643 said:
The Dems. are still in shock that HC lost the election. TBH, so is the rest of whole world.

You always get this wrong DF, we aren't shocked, we are scared, a whole different kettle of fish. I know many people who are scared, BUT as my husband says: He's a blowhard, nothing is real till he's behind the wheel, that is when the rubber hits the road. (we used to drive sporty carss ;-) )

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Karl_K|1483641963|4112655 said:
hmm this one is so far out there in leftist field I can't think of one comment....

Why not post a pointer to a site that is truthful and counters? I'm sure all good libertarians must have something to say - factual.

One thing I have noticed and the righties and libertarians can fill me in if I'm wrong, but it always seems to me that they lack a sense of humor.. any thoughts??? from the right and libertarians?

Also, there is a good write-up in the NYTimes today about rural America and why they voted for cheeto... One point was made that republicans believe all people are born bad and must be trained in life to be good, whereas Democrats think all people are born good. I found that fascinating. I subscribe so I don't know if everyone can read it.. but I found it a great read.

http://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/05/opinion/why-rural-america-voted-for-trump.html?action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=opinion-c-col-right-region&region=opinion-c-col-right-region&WT.nav=opinion-c-col-right-region

Snippet:

For me, it took a 2015 pre-caucus stop in Pella by J. C. Watts, a Baptist minister raised in the small town of Eufaula, Okla., who was a Republican congressman from 1995 to 2003, to begin to understand my neighbors — and most likely other rural Americans as well.

“The difference between Republicans and Democrats is that Republicans believe people are fundamentally bad, while Democrats see people as fundamentally good,” said Mr. Watts, who was in the area to campaign for Senator Rand Paul. “We are born bad,” he said and added that children did not need to be taught to behave badly — they are born knowing how to do that.

“We teach them how to be good,” he said. “We become good by being reborn — born again.”

He continued: “Democrats believe that we are born good, that we create God, not that he created us. If we are our own God, as the Democrats say, then we need to look at something else to blame when things go wrong — not us.”

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Matata|1483646296|4112682 said:
Trump tweeted this 2 hrs ago:
"Toyota Motor said will build a new plant in Baja, Mexico, to build Corolla cars for U.S. NO WAY! Build plant in U.S. or pay big border tax."

Two days ago, Toyota said it had scrapped plans for the new facility:
http://www.wsj.com/articles/ford-cancelling-plan-for-new-small-car-plant-in-mexico-1483461051

It won't be long before the Tweeter-elect claims credit.
Link says Ford canceled a plant not Toyota.
If Toyota did cancel a plant in Mexico you can bet that Trump was a big part of it.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Tekate|1483646491|4112684 said:
Also, there is a good write-up in the NYTimes today about rural America and why they voted for cheeto...
That article is so stupid that I laughed.
New? Growing? blah.
Very old, older than the US even and sadly shrinking.
The rest of the article while it has little kernels of truth here and there is mostly BS.
But I rather enjoyed laughing at it.

The answer is really more simple why he won:
1: Hillary
2: gun control
3: bad economy
4: obamacare pain

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Karl_K|1483653971|4112730 said:
Matata|1483646296|4112682 said:
Trump tweeted this 2 hrs ago:
"Toyota Motor said will build a new plant in Baja, Mexico, to build Corolla cars for U.S. NO WAY! Build plant in U.S. or pay big border tax."

Two days ago, Toyota said it had scrapped plans for the new facility:
http://www.wsj.com/articles/ford-cancelling-plan-for-new-small-car-plant-in-mexico-1483461051

It won't be long before the Tweeter-elect claims credit.
Link says Ford canceled a plant not Toyota.
If Toyota did cancel a plant in Mexico you can bet that Trump was a big part of it.

Oooops, my bad. I confused the stories. I was in too much of a hurry to tarnish Trump's halo.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Karl_K|1483641963|4112655 said:

Why not post a pointer to a site that is truthful and counters? I'm sure all good libertarians must have something to say - factual.

One thing I have noticed and the righties and libertarians can fill me in if I'm wrong, but it always seems to me that they lack a sense of humor.. any thoughts??? from the right and libertarians?

Also, there is a good write-up in the NYTimes today about rural America and why they voted for cheeto... One point was made that republicans believe all people are born bad and must be trained in life to be good, whereas Democrats think all people are born good. I found that fascinating. I subscribe so I don't know if everyone can read it.. but I found it a great read.

http://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/05/opinion/why-rural-america-voted-for-trump.html?action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=opinion-c-col-right-region&region=opinion-c-col-right-region&WT.nav=opinion-c-col-right-region

Snippet:

For me, it took a 2015 pre-caucus stop in Pella by J. C. Watts, a Baptist minister raised in the small town of Eufaula, Okla., who was a Republican congressman from 1995 to 2003, to begin to understand my neighbors — and most likely other rural Americans as well.

“The difference between Republicans and Democrats is that Republicans believe people are fundamentally bad, while Democrats see people as fundamentally good,” said Mr. Watts, who was in the area to campaign for Senator Rand Paul. “We are born bad,” he said and added that children did not need to be taught to behave badly — they are born knowing how to do that.

“We teach them how to be good,” he said. “We become good by being reborn — born again.”

He continued: “Democrats believe that we are born good, that we create God, not that he created us. If we are our own God, as the Democrats say, then we need to look at something else to blame when things go wrong — not us.”

This was an excellent article. Thank you Kate.

While I agree with the direction of the author's thinking, for my personal thoughts it is not that people are born "bad" but selfish. Babies are not cognizant that they are selfish but by the very nature of being a baby they are. You must teach children to be respectful, loving and giving by example and by structure which includes the word NO. This is why I could never subscribe to the free-form Montessori style of schooling.

As far as the city vs. rural aspect of the article it may have validity to some but not me. We are not jealous of how the people live in the big cities because the trade-offs are worth it. We happen to be in a paid - not volunteer - fire district and from personal experience this is a huge asset. But we have lived many years in an all volunteer district before. I can see where small towns that previously had an industry but no longer do would be struggling. I saw it in our previous small town that had 10 logging mills and now only has one. Towns have to adapt and find some other way of thriving but this is hard if you are last on the list for road repair and roads have gone to gravel. This is happening many places because the counties do not have the funds to repair or replace. The analogy of the road issue in the story is very real because I have seen it and seen the towns competing for state and federal funds to repair even major highways.

Thanks again.

:wavey:

ETA - Karl's issues are part of it too. But liberals, who mostly live in cities, have got to stop demanding that everyone accept the world as they see it because it does not work for everyone. Government cannot fix everything so stop trying to let them. Live and let live and mind your own business are my mottoes.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Matata|1483655720|4112741 said:
Oooops, my bad. I confused the stories. I was in too much of a hurry to tarnish Trump's halo.

lol... Trump don't have a halo that's for sure.
Personally I feel he is not that good a person but I felt the same even more so about Hillary.
But it does not take a good person to make a good president and who knows he may make a good president.
I do like that he is making waves, politics in the US needed a good shaking up.

At heart I have felt Obama was a good person but but he was a terrible president.
The last few weeks his actions have greatly tarnished my opinion of him as a good person however.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
E B|1483643478|4112665 said:
What ARE your thoughts on Trump and Russia, red, DF and Karl? Why do you think he's so reluctant to accept the findings of 17 intelligence committees? It's good to have a healthy amount of skepticism, sure, but he won't even write intelligence without putting it in quotes (I'll ignore the obvious joke, here). What's going on there, you think? Honest question(s).
If our intelligence reports are true then Prez. Obama should have done something about it a long time ago.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Karl_K|1483658660|4112760 said:
At heart I have felt Obama was a good person but but he was a terrible president.
The last few weeks his actions have greatly tarnished my opinion of him as a good person however.
Agree 101%... :appl:

E B

Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire|1483661332|4112767 said:
If our intelligence reports are true then Prez. Obama should have done something about it a long time ago.

Much easier said than done. Cyber warfare/espionage, according to the actual experts I listened to in the Senate Armed Forces Committee hearing today, seem to think it's a pretty tricky area. But Senator Lindsey Graham did say that Obama only threw pebbles, and he (and others) are ready to throw rocks. Imagine that-- acknowledging a foreign threat that the PEOTUS (for whatever reason!) absolutely refuses to and being a Republican at the same time. Turns out they don't take your card away!

BTW, just in:

screen_shot_2017-01-05_at_7_0.png

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Its complicated.
I don't trust US intelligence agencies either and think Trump is smart to view them with a degree of skepticism.
Show the proof.

I also don't get why dems and the war mongers in the republican party are so determined to push us into ww3.
That is where the flaming rhetoric is headed.

Are they at the government level behind the email hacks?
I don't know. The evidence so far has not convinced me.
If they did a firm hand is needed not flaming rhetoric.

I think there is an opportunity in the near future to make the world safer if the US and Russia can work out some issues that are between them.
Again the dems and the war mongers seem to want to make sure that does not happen.

This is an area were an extremely weak president like Obama really harmed the country.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Karl_K|1483663698|4112791 said:
This is an area were an extremely weak president like Obama really harmed the country.
Exactly!..His line in the sand is laughable with world leaders... :rolleyes:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1483664462|4112794 said:

Russia was celebrating Trump wins. I find that very disturbing.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Its complicated.
I don't trust US intelligence agencies either and think Trump is smart to view them with a degree of skepticism.
Show the proof.

A multi-page report is supposedly being released Monday with all kinds of proof, but something tells me it won't move your opinion much. You already said you don't trust US intelligence agencies, but you're willing to trust the words of two men who have very obvious ties to Russia, one possibly (deeply) financially? The other is holed up in an embassy because he's looking at sexual assault charges that are, I'm told by people covered in tin foil, brought forth as a set-up.

Riddle me this: what's more likely- all 17 intelligence factions conspired together to falsely blame Russia because....they're all butthurt libs who don't like Trump? Insert other conspiracy here? Or that Trump, with his blemish-free record of truth-telling and transparency, is lying?

Obama has tightened sanctions on Russia, and several Republican members of congress are wanting more. How is that the Dems warmongering? I can't speak for all Dems, here, but our "side" is generally pretty anti-war. However, something has to be done about this. It seems like there's no good middle ground for you, realistically. On the one side, we have Obama not doing enough. On the other, we have anyone wanting to do anything more being war-mongers.

With all of the proof already out there and much more to come, at what point do Republicans join together in concern if the PEOTUS continues to deny said proof? What is going on?

By the way, there isn't a doubt in my mind that flaming rhetoric would be the least of it had the RNC been the target.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1483664722|4112796 said:
Dancing Fire|1483664462|4112794 said:

Russia was celebrating Trump wins. I find that very disturbing.
Russia was celebrating after HC pushed the reset button in 2009.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
E B|1483664977|4112799 said:
Its complicated.
Show the proof.

A multi-page report is supposedly being released Monday with all kinds of proof, but something tells me it won't move your opinion much. You already said you don't trust US intelligence agencies, but you're willing to trust the words of two men who have very obvious ties to Russia, one possibly (deeply) financially? The other is holed up in an embassy because he's looking at sexual assault charges that are, I'm told by people covered in tin foil, brought forth as a set-up.

Riddle me this: what's more likely- all 17 intelligence factions conspired together to falsely blame Russia because....they're all butthurt libs who don't like Trump? Insert other conspiracy here? Or that Trump, with his blemish-free record of truth-telling and transparency, is lying?

Obama has tightened sanctions on Russia, and several Republican members of congress are wanting more. How is that the Dems warmongering? I can't speak for all Dems, here, but our "side" is generally pretty anti-war. However, something has to be done about this. It seems like there's no good middle ground for you, realistically. On the one side, we have Obama not doing enough. On the other, we have anyone wanting to do anything more being war-mongers.

With all of the proof already out there and much more to come, at what point do Republicans join together in concern if the PEOTUS continues to deny said proof? What is going on?

By the way, there isn't a doubt in my mind that flaming rhetoric would be the least of it had the RNC been the target.

I don't blindly trust any of them.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
E B|1483662280|4112776 said:
BTW, just in:

screen_shot_2017-01-05_at_7_0.png
more unverified fake news from cnn? <-- notice the ? mark.
wow we got a good headline lets go go who cares about facts.
btw I did find and read the article before passing it off as the usual garbage from cnn.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Karl_K|1483654750|4112737 said:
Also, there is a good write-up in the NYTimes today about rural America and why they voted for cheeto...
That article is so stupid that I laughed.
New? Growing? blah.
Very old, older than the US even and sadly shrinking.
The rest of the article while it has little kernels of truth here and there is mostly BS.
But I rather enjoyed laughing at it.

The answer is really more simple why he won:
1: Hillary
2: gun control
3: bad economy
4: obamacare pain

Nah.

Russian interference
Anger at losing their lifestyle - white privilege - fear of the future/unknown
Fear of 'foreigners'
Fear of gun control (sorta)
Fake and lying news (again Russian interference abetted by people who WANT to believe Hillary is a bad person)
Lack of education
Religious fears, as the world becomes less religious it's scary to those who believe (in some supernatural powerful thing).
Russian interference

I got news for all those people who don't like Obamacare what the pubs have in mind is way worse. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results